Final verdict on Star Wars battlefront 2?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Final verdict on Star Wars battlefront 2?

User Info: Huolihan

Huolihan
2 months ago#1
Just watched the movie and am now in the mood to play some Star Wars I enjoyed the first one but after the whole loot box issue I never bought this one is it safe to get it now or leave it alone?

User Info: LanternOfAsh

LanternOfAsh
2 months ago#2
I bought it despite the pay to win and I still hated it. Not really that fun and the campaign is terrible.
u avin a giggle there m8?

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
2 months ago#3
It’s the best battlefront ever.
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.

User Info: FTWWholeFnShow

FTWWholeFnShow
2 months ago#4
A totally fulfilling and strong online community. You are not required to spend a single penny of real word cash.

Young Padawan venture forth and collect thisinfo disc of our favorite time from our galaxies a long time ago,and a galaxy far far away
-\m/ ProWres Love \m/
Xbox One; Bennyhanna79

User Info: richboy900

richboy900
2 months ago#5
AltiarLio posted...
It’s the best battlefront ever.

Do you ea employees get much time off for Christmas?

User Info: Iceman83

Iceman83
2 months ago#6
LanternOfAsh posted...
I bought it despite the pay to win and I still hated it. Not really that fun and the campaign is terrible.

Is it really that bad?
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

User Info: zender1999

zender1999
2 months ago#7
I like it, the gameplay is great,amazing graphics on the x, progression system is bad, overall it is a good game

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
2 months ago#8
Iceman83 posted...
LanternOfAsh posted...

Is it really that bad?
Far from it. It's actually pretty good. Just ignore all the whining about loot boxes and microtransactions, and focus on the actual game. Not many people seem to do that, strangely.
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
~ H.P. Lovecraft ~

User Info: EnemyWithin88

EnemyWithin88
2 months ago#9
It's pretty awful. Loot boxery aside. But honestly it's very pretty. And the rest is awful
Play Slow Die Ignorant

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
2 months ago#10
I just upgraded my spare slim to the Battlefront II PS4 Pro, so I finally invested a little time to it. Here’s my verdict:

Visually, the game is stunning. It looks better on the X, obviously, but no matter the system it’s gorgeous on the eyes.

The story seems serviceable. I’ve only played two missions so far but they weren’t bad. Much better than Battlefield’s campaigns.

Multiplayer gameplay is great. Shooting is solid, maps are great, and the modes are fun to play.

It’s the progression that I feel hurts the game. Do you want more characters or do you want to power up the characters you have randomly via loot boxes? That seems to be the choices you get, more gear or improve your current stats. Either way, you’re either missing content or at a statistical disadvantage, and it really hurts the game’s longevity IMO.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Final verdict on Star Wars battlefront 2?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived