Rumor: New Dead or Alive fighting game could be announced on December 17.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Rumor: New Dead or Alive fighting game could be announced on December 17.

User Info: Risa_Omomo

Risa_Omomo
4 months ago#1
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/15/new-dead-alive-fighting-game-announced-december-17/

It's not going to be the Xtreme series because they only make 1 per console generation. We are still on Xbox One and PS4 gen (Switch excluded). The Xtreme Volleyball game on PC was just an improved port of the one on PS4. Also, if you think about it, they haven't made a Dead or Alive fighting game with the current-gen consoles in mind. DOA 5: Last Round is just a port that was made during Xbox 360 and PS3's time.

All I can say is that I'm not going to buy it at launch since it is 100% guaranteed that there's going to be an improved version with more characters and more stages down the line. I mean just look at DOA 5. Seriously...
CFW Trick and Kotoko Utsugi's father are my idols.

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
4 months ago#2
This was once my favorite fighting series.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: Technarchy

Technarchy
4 months ago#3
I would love to see what DOA can do on X1X hardware.

My favorite in the series is DOA2 on Dreamcast.

User Info: HarryWarden

HarryWarden
4 months ago#4
Xtreme Volleyball 2? How about a DOA fighting game with the Volleyball added in? Can't believe they actually made that it's own game.

User Info: Optimus_Convoy

Optimus_Convoy
4 months ago#5
Not a rumor: If it isn't Capcom vs Snk 3 I don't care.

User Info: AltiarLio

AltiarLio
4 months ago#6
I want capcom v Disney.
GT & Steam: Tyron3L1o. PSN: TyroneLio.
I enjoy video games and shoes, mainly shoes.

User Info: uptown710

uptown710
4 months ago#7
Technarchy posted...
I would love to see what DOA can do on X1X hardware.

My favorite in the series is DOA2 on Dreamcast.

Wouldn’t matter, they’d have to keep it in tow with the 1X. You’ll probably only see a resolution bump and better texture filtering.
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal

User Info: b166er01

b166er01
4 months ago#8
HarryWarden posted...
Xtreme Volleyball 2? How about a DOA fighting game with the Volleyball added in? Can't believe they actually made that it's own game.

The creator on the matter:

"Everybody is a little perverted; even I’m a little perverted. But, it was for that very reason I created DOAX [Dead or Alive Xtreme]; in order to target the people who wanted something a little bit more casual and sexy but at the same time keeping that tone separate from the 'fighting game' that is DOA. DOA is now a total mess." — Tomonobu Itagaki
Yes, I wear glasses. No, I'm not a hipster; I actually need them

User Info: b166er01

b166er01
4 months ago#9
The creator on the current state of doa;

It is almost impossible to attract new players with the way the game plays now. Look back at the older DOAs. When a new comer tries out the game for the first time, his first instinct is to just press the buttons randomly. But, those button presses usually lead to some very visually pleasing moves and even at some points lead to that beginner’s first victory. When a new player experiences this, in his mind he would think, “Hey, I think I can play this game” and would start to play it more and maybe even attract more players to play it. When you compare this to the state DOA5 is in, a new comer has virtually no chance at all. The technical gap is so huge to the point that the game will feel too awkward and this new comer will never be able to play effectively or ever get a win. A game like that would never sell. This is why they thought they can overcome this by making the game more erotic and milk you loyal players all out of your money with erotic DLC. It’s disgusting." — Tomonobu Itagaki
Yes, I wear glasses. No, I'm not a hipster; I actually need them

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
4 months ago#10
Boo. They need to flesh Out the fighting system of doa. I would start with making counters harder to do.
Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN/Vita::ExempliGratia
Trolls love me but, can't get rid of me
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Rumor: New Dead or Alive fighting game could be announced on December 17.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived