Just got off the phone with Gamestop after just buying my One X..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Just got off the phone with Gamestop after just buying my One X..

User Info: ZDT_Leader

ZDT_Leader
4 months ago#1
As I'm setting up the console and putting my games in to download again.. I see this..

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2017/12/15/xbox-one-x-pubg-promotion/?ocid=Evergreen_soc_omc_xbo_fb_photo_lrn_12.15.3

Although it's not perfect but the one complaint my wife kept saying was "Why doesn't it come with a game? You're other consoles did." I informed her that the console is less than two months old and that they usually wait a couple of months for them to bundle games.

But that states that it will come with a free game (PUBG) from the 17th-31st if you buy a One X specifically. Which I literally just did about 2 hours ago. I got online to speak to Microsoft support and after a few minutes that there is nothing they can do since it's not given through them, it's the retailer that does. So I get on the line with Gamestop and ask to speak to a manager as soon as they answer. The Store manager gets on and I explain him my story. He says "Hey I feel you, that's fine we can hook you up with the game. Just bring your receipt and we will essentially do a return then rebuy it to give you the code."

Man that was easy and he was really helpful. He said that if they give any issues just say my name and since I'm the store manager my word is law.

TLDR; Xbox One X is giving a free game from 17th-31st. I got jipped. Called Gamestop and they will still hook me up.
Married September 21st, 2017
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007

User Info: Mindwipe77

Mindwipe77
4 months ago#2
a topic praising gamestop, don't see that every day, posting in a rare topic

ZDT_Leader
4 months ago#3
Mindwipe77 posted...
a topic praising gamestop, don't see that every day, posting in a rare topic

I personally haven't had many issues with them (other than trash trade-in values). but I didn't have to argue or anything. I think the person still remembers me from earlier.

User Info: TrickyPony

TrickyPony
4 months ago#4
I don't have too many problems with GS either. I find their employees to not be very knowledgeable about anything gaming and I accept that.
This topic is taking the word s*** bucket to a whole 'nother level!!!!
-Sasquatch8080

ZDT_Leader
4 months ago#5
TrickyPony posted...
I don't have too many problems with GS either. I find their employees to not be very knowledgeable about anything gaming and I accept that.

The one issue I have come across is that a lot of employees know little to nothing about Xbox news and such. It's been a little better the last few months but man When I had a 360 about 5 years ago all the GS employees talked about only having sony systems and know nothing of Xbox.. I thought that you're supposed to have knowledge of all consoles.

User Info: Mindwipe77

Mindwipe77
4 months ago#6
ZDT_Leader posted...
TrickyPony posted...

The one issue I have come across is that a lot of employees know little to nothing about Xbox news and such. It's been a little better the last few months but man When I had a 360 about 5 years ago all the GS employees talked about only having sony systems and know nothing of Xbox.. I thought that you're supposed to have knowledge of all consoles.

GS just requires you know how to sell their pre-orders and gamecards, knowledge of games n systems is optional

User Info: TrickyPony

TrickyPony
4 months ago#7
ZDT_Leader posted...
TrickyPony posted...

Most of the ones I knew owned all the consoles or at least teh Xbox, however for being gamers they had very little knowledge about preorder bonuses and which if any came with which version of a game. They either didn't know or had never heard of a bonus, didn't know which went with which version, or thought they knew and had it wrong. I had to do all my research on the web or from here and go pre-armed with the knowledge and tell them I need X and I need Y because I'm purchasing this item from you.

I get that's a lot of confusing info to know all about those games but.... that's kind of their job.
This topic is taking the word s*** bucket to a whole 'nother level!!!!
-Sasquatch8080

User Info: Marshall_Law

Marshall_Law
4 months ago#8
I've always had a pretty good rapport with my GS. Even when I moved, turns out the manager got transferred to a GS in the same city. He's always looked out for me. When I bought my first Xb1 all they had was the GoW bu ndle but I really wanted the MCC bundle. He gave me a free copy and this was back when the game still had a pretty good price tag
" people of the nation do not understand our banking system, if they did there would be a revolution before morning." - Henry Ford

User Info: b166er01

b166er01
4 months ago#9
ZDT_Leader posted...
TrickyPony posted...

True story. Wen I went to get my x (knowing it'd be a scorp), I asked the dude about it to be on the safe side..he didn't even know till he looked it up. Like wtf? REALLY???

I also told him I read about gs offering rentals in the future.. again, no clue lol. But he was a nice dude tho, I give him that
Yes, I wear glasses. No, I'm not a hipster; I actually need them

User Info: qazqazcookies

qazqazcookies
4 months ago#10
Not to be that guy but like he said theyll just put it through as a return and new purchase to hit the date, doesnt really say anything about gamestop itself
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Just got off the phone with Gamestop after just buying my One X..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived