Love pubg but the developer is becoming an a hole

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Love pubg but the developer is becoming an a hole

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
7 months ago#31
AceTheFace posted...
Fortnite came out and blew it away and he is salty. I am sure another game will blow Fortnite away until people get sick of BR games. Fortnite atleast runs really good and smooth.

I have Fortnite. While the performance it better, the gameplay is s*** compared to PUBG.
Sony: "Killzone runs at native 1080p and 60 fps"
DF: "KZ uses a processing method that blends 960 x 1080 images together."

User Info: G_U_G

G_U_G
7 months ago#32
Most of the things in games have been done before. PUBG is built on others. If you were to go back and give others some of what could be copyrighted you would never have PUBG. Because a simple idea is what was unique about this. And that one idea was not revolutionary.

In gaming you have a history of new ideas. Somebody took and existing concept and added a little something and things continue to improve. Take away previous stuff and you are left with stuff that does not work on its own.

I know modders that think this way. Yet they are taking someone's work and adding. Take out the others work and the mod is nothing.

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
7 months ago#33
All of today's games stole from games that came out thousands of years ago.
Sony: "Killzone runs at native 1080p and 60 fps"
DF: "KZ uses a processing method that blends 960 x 1080 images together."

User Info: Technarchy

Technarchy
7 months ago#34
Now that the entire industry knows there’s money to be made in Battle Royal games I’m sure he’s very concerned some bigger and more technically capable company will release something that destroys PUBG’s user base.

Wouldn’t take much to tweak the Battlefield 1 engine and make it Battle Royal 1.

User Info: Jiggy101011

Jiggy101011
7 months ago#35
Technarchy posted...
Now that the entire industry knows there’s money to be made in Battle Royal games I’m sure he’s very concerned some bigger and more technically capable company will release something that destroys PUBG’s user base.

Wouldn’t take much to tweak the Battlefield 1 engine and make it Battle Royal 1.

Or just have a BR mode. Hell if Halo 6 has a BR playlist I would play the s*** out of that.
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Man got me a 9 and she sexy.

User Info: TBONE_OG

TBONE_OG
7 months ago#36
Jiggy101011 posted...
Hell if Halo 6 has a BR playlist I would play the s*** out of that.

Dude... and you drop in ODST style?

Yes, please!
Always O.G.

User Info: Krondelo

Krondelo
7 months ago#37
wskingws posted...
Correct me if im wrong but didn't h1z1 battle Royale came out first? He shouldn't even be talking.

Not only this, I can't confirm I really have no clue. But I heard PUBG is a mod of a mod essentially. If that's the case, yes he really should shut the f*** up and stop being c***y.
Taking life one day at a time.

User Info: James_Upton

James_Upton
7 months ago#38
It is kind of a childish move, imagine if rockstar came out and said it wanted protection from “gta clones”

Saints row, sleeping dogs, watch dogs, driver, mafia, and many more amazing franchises wouldn’t exist.
Check out my gaming and motorsports YouTube channel at JDMSG:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvcAVZIXy41HbSKwkLTyQEQ/feed?view_as=public

User Info: pobbes

pobbes
7 months ago#39
The_Hedon posted...
killaSeason007 posted...
The_Hedon posted...
killaSeason007 posted...
http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/12/15/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-creator-wants-better-protection-from-copycat-games

Basically says video game industry needs to look into better protection from copy cat games.....

I mean really? How about worry about your own game and fixing it because then it wouldn’t matter what the copy cats do pubg would rape. But as long as the game is very much unoptimized fortnite and other “copycats” as he says will stay around. And eat into their player base.

Just concentrate on fixing your game and stop being petty. As much as I love pubg and have put hours into it this just doesn’t feel right. Not sure why he’s still crying about copy cats when his game needs tons of optimization.

^triggered

Says the person who asked for a digital refund....LOL

That doesn't even make sense ROFL. I didn't like the state of the game that it was in, so I clicked on a link that said Submit for Refund, and got my money back?

And that is triggered? ROFL....

Oh you...

Throws the word triggered around, when it's thrown back at him, gets triggered.

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
7 months ago#40
so basically he's saying his game should get shut down? cause he didn't invent this thing.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Love pubg but the developer is becoming an a hole

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived