Love pubg but the developer is becoming an a hole

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Love pubg but the developer is becoming an a hole

User Info: killaSeason007

killaSeason007
5 months ago#1
http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/12/15/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-creator-wants-better-protection-from-copycat-games

Basically says video game industry needs to look into better protection from copy cat games.....

I mean really? How about worry about your own game and fixing it because then it wouldn’t matter what the copy cats do pubg would rape. But as long as the game is very much unoptimized fortnite and other “copycats” as he says will stay around. And eat into their player base.

Just concentrate on fixing your game and stop being petty. As much as I love pubg and have put hours into it this just doesn’t feel right. Not sure why he’s still crying about copy cats when his game needs tons of optimization.

User Info: genesis145

genesis145
5 months ago#2
I mean every game in the same genre is a copy cat. They saying they want one company to own a genre each? That'd be a nightmare. EA already controls football and we get a crappy madden every year pretty much.

User Info: daniel79

daniel79
5 months ago#3
Player unknown needs to stfu and get sorting it out.

User Info: DirkMcGurkin

DirkMcGurkin
5 months ago#4
A video game where you are dropped into a world where you kill things until you win is a new concept invented by PUBG creators? I'm sorry, but that's pretty much 90% of games since the beginning of gaming. A game where you kill other people online isn't some new groundbreaking idea.
Gamertag: Dirk McGurkin

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
5 months ago#5
Conversely, I gave Epic £30 of my money, knowing full well that they were going to use that money to better serve the game's development for when it came out as a full FTP product next year.

That's a gesture of good faith - it takes a brass neck to ask people to pay for a game to fund it being FTP later down the line, but as I had liked the look of it when it unveiled, I thought I'd support them.

What happened? They took that money and hastily retrofitted all their current assets into the hottest flavour-of-the-month template right down to the lobby and deployment system and pretty much abandoned the main game, save for a few token minor updates for timed events. The progression system in that game has stagnated almost entirely as their focus has shifted away from what I actually paid for.

They won't get a penny more of my money - that move is dishonest at best and the work of a pure charlatan at worst. Reminds me of those guys on Kickstarter that ask for £400k, get it, then ask for another £400k to start on a completely different project before the first one's anywhere near done. Dodgy stuff.
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo PS4: Gooey_Toto/SigmaLongshot
A decade working in AAA game development? Time certainly flies.

User Info: genesis145

genesis145
5 months ago#6
SigmaLongshot posted...
Conversely, I gave Epic £30 of my money, knowing full well that they were going to use that money to better serve the game's development for when it came out as a full FTP product next year.

That's a gesture of good faith - it takes a brass neck to ask people to pay for a game to fund it being FTP later down the line, but as I had liked the look of it when it unveiled, I thought I'd support them.

What happened? They took that money and hastily retrofitted all their current assets into the hottest flavour-of-the-month template right down to the lobby and deployment system and pretty much abandoned the main game, save for a few token minor updates for timed events. The progression system in that game has stagnated almost entirely as their focus has shifted away from what I actually paid for.

They won't get a penny more of my money - that move is dishonest at best and the work of a pure charlatan at worst. Reminds me of those guys on Kickstarter that ask for £400k, get it, then ask for another £400k to start on a completely different project before the first one's anywhere near done. Dodgy stuff.

thats why I don't support kickstarter. Give someone money and they aren't obligated to give your money back if they don't deliver. At least with game preview we are getting SOMETHING we can play. But kickstarter you literally give them money and might get NOTHING in return.

User Info: wskingws

wskingws
5 months ago#7
Correct me if im wrong but didn't h1z1 battle Royale came out first? He shouldn't even be talking.

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
5 months ago#8
I mean, I don’t disagree that something needs to be done with all of the rip offs. There are iOS apps that are PUBG rip offs, the only thing saving Fortnite is the building aspect, there’s a plethora of Overwatch knock offs...

Just look on the android/iOS stores and you’ll see the amount of people making a good profit for taking someone else’s assets and making their own, crappier game trying to cash in on the idea.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: killaSeason007

killaSeason007
5 months ago#9
Well h1z1 mod was made by this guy and he ended up leaving to make his own game (pubg)

But there were battle royale games before that. So still not sure why he’s trying so hard on this copyright thing.

User Info: axe4hire

axe4hire
5 months ago#10
Wasn't PUBG, literally, built from another game?
Gamer Tag - Chrome Dome Tom
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Love pubg but the developer is becoming an a hole

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived