Destiny 2 Xbox One X: Runs At Native 4K On X1X

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Destiny 2 Xbox One X: Runs At Native 4K On X1X

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
4 months ago#51
flame030191 posted...
The_Hedon posted...
flame030191 posted...
I mean it was only at times a few pixels short of native 4K on the Pro already, so having it native 4K on the X is expected.

Destiny also employs dynamic resolution scaling on the horizontal axis, the pixel count shifting from 3072x2160 to full-fat 3840x2160 depending on the intensity of the action.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-destiny-2-ps4-pro-4k-tech-analysis

On the PS4 Pro, the game was able to hit 4K resolution, but it wasn’t native by any means, and was only done by means of checkerboarding. This immediately gives rise to a much better image quality on Microsoft’s latest machine.

I’m sorry but I trust Digital Foundry over GamingBolt

I'm sorry but I trust both those sites more than I trust you.
Sony: "Killzone runs at native 1080p and 60 fps"
DF: "KZ uses a processing method that blends 960 x 1080 images together."

User Info: InjusticeReborn

InjusticeReborn
4 months ago#52
To think, some would defend TC saying it isn't what many claimed it is because all it ever did was post facts/the truth, and those same people would use the fact that TC had never been warned is proof it isn't what many were claiming...

How many times has it been warned since the X released?
Currently playing: Call of Duty: WWII (PS4), Destiny 2 (PS4)

User Info: AndyJoe89

AndyJoe89
4 months ago#53
InjusticeReborn posted...
To think, some would defend TC saying it isn't what many claimed it is because all it ever did was post facts/the truth, and those same people would use the fact that TC had never been warned is proof it isn't what many were claiming...

How many times has it been warned since the X released?

Twice, at least.
Deadpool: the best Disney Princess

User Info: darktheron

darktheron
4 months ago#54
quincy2000a posted...
darktheron posted...
Beasthunt posted...
quincy2000a posted...
Babbit55 posted...
So, you finally accept the X1X is a native 4k Machine?!?!?

...only if I would be silly enough to accept the Pro as a native 4k machine...both do native 4k on occasion...but not enough for me to qualify either as a native 4K machine...standards, huh?

Just as native 4k/60fps remains a dream for most titles, I wouldn't consider either machine a native 4k/60fps box...they're oh so similar in that way...

This actually makes sense, and is true. Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Not really.... the Xbox one was never advertised as a 4K 60 fps console. MS never claimed it could play all games at 60 fps let alone saying such a thing.

MS has said that some title will play in 60 fps.

Would love a link where a MS employee stated it is a 60 fps console for all games or advertised that it as a 60 fps 4K console only?

So in essence it is a TRUE 4K console.

Going by your logic, the Pro is also a true 4k console because it also plays some games at true 4K...as I said previously, a student who gets four A's, three B's and one C is not an A student...and that's about how the X1X performs...

Regarding the native 4K/60fps with no checkerboarding, Phil and Co. proudly stated the "the highest rez, the best framerate, no compromises" spiel...so I guess this is just another example of one of Phil's army settling for less to bolster performance claims...because that phrase means uncompromised native 4K/60fps to me...also the takeaway these journalists came away with also after talking with Phil and Co....

The Inner Circle Special with Albert Penello – Project Scorpio 4K Native 60 FPS Uncompromised
http://www.ticgn.com/news/the-inner-circle-special-with-albert-penello-project-scorpio-4k-native-60-fps-uncompromised/ e:ra

It's great to finally have confirmation that the Xbox Scorpio is designed for console gaming at 4K 60 FPS and not at 4K 30 FPS as many suspected. Albert is a first-hand source who's closest to the project. This is good news for all gamers wanting to get the premium console next year.

http://www.icxm.net/x/ticgn-interview-albert-panello-xbox-scorpio-confirms-xbox-4k-60-fps.html e:ra

Pretty sure you had me blocked... glad I got under your skin....

The first link you provided said NOTHING. It was introducing the writer nothing else lol. Are you getting paid for clicks?

Second STILL provided nothing.

And no... MS has said the console will run based on the developers. They never claimed it will run all games in 60 FPS. If it runs in 4K they SAID it will run in 30 fps for most games, if not it will run 1440 or 1080.

So yes the console is a true native 4k console. Doesn't matter for fps because they never claimed such a thing.

Also marked for spam since the articles you provided had NOTHING to do with Xbox brand.

Glad to see you being in warned status. Let's hope for ban soon along with your IP. Maybe then you will wake up and go outside for the first time since 2013.
"I was purged FOUR times since last August so I decided to ramp up the troll posts now." - Laylow12(Hornedlion)

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
4 months ago#55
agentspoon posted...
Report and move on people.

for linking to Digital Foundry/similar?
Nintendo fanboy, KirbyCentrist. Poyo peace to the world :)
https://i.imgur.com/O68JkE7.jpg http://i.imgur.com/r6x4QXn.jpg https://youtu.be/S-1e0VJUWXE

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
4 months ago#56
darktheron posted...
So yes the console is a true native 4k console. Doesn't matter for fps because they never claimed such a thing.

Of course, fps doesn't matter to someone such as yourself...

"the highest rez...the best framerate...no compromises"

So we wind up in a situation where discerning gamers with higher standards vs. apologist gamers with lower interpret to determine what Phil and Co. meant when they stated that...oh, and the media too...

Will Microsoft’s Claims of “Uncompromised 4K” Hurt the Xbox One X?
http://www.ticgn.com/ticgn-originals/opinions/microsofts-claims-4k-hurt-xbox-one-x/ e:ra

So, again, we have both consoles producing noncheckerboarded native 4K/60fps on occasion only...so my interpretation remains the same...especially after looking at the X1X resolution and framerate lists...

quincy2000a posted...
as I said previously, a student who gets four A's, three B's and one C is not an A student...and that's about how the X1X performs...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: AndyJoe89

AndyJoe89
4 months ago#57
quincy2000a posted...
darktheron posted...

Of course, fps doesn't matter to someone such as yourself...

"the highest rez...the best framerate...no compromises"

So we wind up in a situation where discerning gamers with higher standards vs. apologist gamers with lower interpret to determine what Phil and Co. meant when they stated that...oh, and the media too...

Will Microsoft’s Claims of “Uncompromised 4K” Hurt the Xbox One X?
http://www.ticgn.com/ticgn-originals/opinions/microsofts-claims-4k-hurt-xbox-one-x/ e:ra

So, again, we have both consoles producing noncheckerboarded native 4K/60fps on occasion only...so my interpretation remains the same...especially after looking at the X1X resolution and framerate lists...

quincy2000a posted...
as I said previously, a student who gets four A's, three B's and one C is not an A student...and that's about how the X1X performs...

Author's conclusion:
Overall, Microsoft has mostly succeeded in making the Xbox One X a worthwhile purchase. Even though some games do feature checkerboarding, there is still plenty of content here that will take advantage of 4K TVs. Visual enhancements and features that benefit owners of standard HDTVs ensure that no one is completely left out. Support seems to be far better than the rather uneven utilization of the PS4 Pro’s extra horsepower over the standard hardware. Any game that uses dynamic resolution scaling and/or features an unlocked frame rate will see improvements even before any X-specific patches/updates are implemented.

It is true that Microsoft’s beast of a console cannot deliver uncompromised 4K with every game. However, the company has succeeded in producing a console that is far more powerful than it’s competition. The Xbox One X will feature the best-looking versions of multiplatform games. Gamers that invested in the Xbox ecosystem will see a tangible benefit in many of their favorite current and upcoming games. Lastly, the console represents a fantastic price-to-performance bargain.

In closing, the Xbox One X will undoubtedly provide a better gaming experience for Xbox gamers that decide to take the plunge. That’s not a failure. Contrarily, I’d say it’s mission accomplished, uncompromised 4K be damned

Do you even read what you post?
Deadpool: the best Disney Princess

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
4 months ago#58
Melting down, lying and trolling whilst on warned status....

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
4 months ago#59
...I think the question is...do you...? I pulled this directly from the segment you quoted...

It is true that Microsoft’s beast of a console cannot deliver uncompromised 4K with every game.

Contrarily, I’d say it’s mission accomplished, uncompromised 4K be damned
(by the way, the also acknowledges it can't be done every time out...)

...and that's all I'm saying...so, I ask again... did you actually read it...?
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: Babbit55

Babbit55
4 months ago#60
@quincy2000a posted...
...I think the question is...do you...? I pulled this directly from the segment you quoted...

It is true that Microsoft’s beast of a console cannot deliver uncompromised 4K with every game.

Contrarily, I’d say it’s mission accomplished, uncompromised 4K be damned
(by the way, the also acknowledges it can't be done every time out...)

...and that's all I'm saying...so, I ask again... did you actually read it...?

Are you really asking people to read something they posted... Mr that screenshot is faked, I never posted that quote "lalalalala I cannot see that quote" Quincy.
GT:- Babbit55
PC - i5 4670k, 16g ram, RX 480, 2tb hybrid drive.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Destiny 2 Xbox One X: Runs At Native 4K On X1X

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived