Need Opinions - No Fanboyism Please

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Need Opinions - No Fanboyism Please

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
5 months ago#31
detroitdawley posted...
Should I get PS VR or an Xbox One S? I'm heavily invested in the PS environment, but I used to own an Xbox 360 years back. What would be the best bang for my buck? Do my old Xbox 360 digital purchases carry over to the S? Thanks for any feedback!

Being already involved in the PS environment, what exactly do you want to play on the "bone S...? Kind of slim pickings right now if you ask me...my PSVR gives me such a unique experience, it's hard for me to justify being without one...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: BahamutBBob

BahamutBBob
5 months ago#32
MetalZoic posted...
Which has more games you're interested in? Get that one.

Probably this.

Yes, any backwards compatible 360 games that you already own, will work right away on a One S.

IMO, VR is not the future of gaming, at least not in the direction Oculus, HTC, and Sony are pushing it. But if it looks fun to you, you should probably give it a try.
XBL / PSN / Steam / NNID: BahamutBBob
3DS: 2320 - 6245 - 8788

User Info: PS4TW

PS4TW
5 months ago#33
PSVR gets old fast. and it's a big clutter in the room with all the wires.
Xbox one s is just a better choice for most people IMO. PSVR is neat but it's not a comfortable way to play games longterm
My top 10 PS4 games = FFX HD, The Last of Us Remastered, Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, Persona 5, Yakuza 0, FF12 HD, Until Dawn, Journey.

User Info: punisher1379

punisher1379
5 months ago#34
It all comes down to what you prefer, TC:

PS Exclusives vs Xbox Backwards Compatibility

I've never been interested in VR. The only PS exclusive that I care about is Horizon Zero Dawn, the rest don't interest me. The Xbox/Xbox 360 backwards compatibility is huge for me, as it gives me an opportunity to play all the old great games that I may have missed or want to replay, while only needing one console.
Top 5: Metroid Prime, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Horizon Zero Dawn, Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, Xenoblade

User Info: Technarchy

Technarchy
5 months ago#35
I have an Xbox One and Xbox one X

I think you should stick with the ecosystem you are already in unless you absolutely, positively are dying to play games released by Microsoft Game Studios or a plethora of 360 games available under backwards compatibility.

PSVR AAA software is slim pickings right now. Keep that mind going in. If you can't name at least 6 games you want between now and June, don't do it.

User Info: Vin_land

Vin_land
5 months ago#36
Beware TC...there are a lot of people in here who have never even tried VR. They are anti VR because it isn't available on Xbox.

People spreading false info about it "being a mess with wires" . Remember, these people don't own PSVR. Any wires will be hidden by your entertainment center just like anything else you plug in. The only wire that is visible is the one that connects to the headset.

User Info: Jamin

Jamin
5 months ago#37
Orange_Apples posted...
What experiences does XB1 offer you that you cannot get right now?

What experiences does PSVR offer you that you cannot get right now?

Which of those experiences are you most excited about?

This should be what you want and what you're looking to get out of it.

Why are posts like this usually ignored in topics like this? It's probably the best advice a stranger can give on this board.
"You don't even exist, Sam. You won't get a medal for this."
"Medals don't help me sleep at night, Lambert."

User Info: kingpin66636

kingpin66636
5 months ago#38
quincy2000a posted...
detroitdawley posted...
Should I get PS VR or an Xbox One S? I'm heavily invested in the PS environment, but I used to own an Xbox 360 years back. What would be the best bang for my buck? Do my old Xbox 360 digital purchases carry over to the S? Thanks for any feedback!

Being already involved in the PS environment, what exactly do you want to play on the "bone S...? Kind of slim pickings right now if you ask me...my PSVR gives me such a unique experience, it's hard for me to justify being without one...
as if anyone is gonna take the advice of a proven Xbox hater and proven liar like you dude.
Om
I am not but my shadow, though my shadow be not shadow, but myself. The fool
$500 - $400 = $200 - Quincy*

User Info: Vin_land

Vin_land
5 months ago#39
kingpin66636 posted...
quincy2000a posted...
detroitdawley posted...

as if anyone is gonna take the advice of a proven Xbox hater and proven liar like you dude.
Om

So he should take advice from proven VR haters and those who have never tried it?

User Info: extanker

extanker
5 months ago#40
Vin_land posted...
Beware TC...there are a lot of people in here who have never even tried VR. They are anti VR because it isn't available on Xbox.

People spreading false info about it "being a mess with wires" . Remember, these people don't own PSVR. Any wires will be hidden by your entertainment center just like anything else you plug in. The only wire that is visible is the one that connects to the headset.

It does have a lot of cables connecting it to the PS4 and one huge cable running from the unit to the headset that can get annoying if you’re cramped for space. And I do own one and enjoy it, so stop lying to the guy.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Need Opinions - No Fanboyism Please

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived