Best Buy Deal ($10 store pickup, get a $10 reward certificate next month)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Best Buy Deal ($10 store pickup, get a $10 reward certificate next month)

User Info: InfernalRage

InfernalRage
7 months ago#11
McGlynn posted...
InfernalRage posted...
McGlynn posted...
So, all you need to do to get the $30 in january is getting 3 games in separate orders?
For example:
Mafia 3, you buy it, move on to the next game, you get $10 for that order
Make a new order for Okami HD the same you get another $10
Make the last order for Super Lucky Tale the same and you get your last $10

Is that correct? I know those aren't necessarily the games I should buy but I just took the ones you bought as an example.

Correct - per the terms (at least how I read it) as long as you have 3 separate transactions/order numbers, for store pickup, that total $10 or more during the eligible time period, then next month you will receive 3 separate $10 reward certificates that have a 3 week window to use. So at that point I'll just use them plus the GCU and pick up a full price game like Monster Hunter World for $18 or so ($47.99-$30.00)

And my last question, because I'm about to start the orders and I don't want to mess up, lol. You just make a normal order, right? I mean, you don't need to click a special link or anything, right?

Yep! 100% correct. Nothing special you need to do, I personally saved a copy of the web page showing the promotional information just so if they mess it up I can print it and bring it into the store, but it's supposed to automatically send you the codes starting 1/16 or whatever date it gives as long as you made a qualifying purchase in that timeframe. Will be easy enough to prove since your transaction history will show the order.
"Those who do not appreciate life.... do not deserve life." ----- John Kramer, Jigsaw

InfernalRage
7 months ago#12
Bump in case any of the morning folks want to use this!
"Those who do not appreciate life.... do not deserve life." ----- John Kramer, Jigsaw

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
7 months ago#13
InfernalRage posted...
Bump in case any of the morning folks want to use this!

Thank you for this TC. Makes my christmas shopping for my Nephew a little better. I can bank my points too so I won't have to use them asap.
Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN/Vita::ExempliGratia
Trolls love me but, can't get rid of me

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
7 months ago#14
Thanks for this link.

Does anyone know if this results in Rewards Certificates which can be combined as usual?

Or if it's something like, you get 3 separate $10 off coupons which CANNOT be combined?
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".

User Info: Jamin

Jamin
7 months ago#15
InfernalRage posted...
Yes - the actual Best Buy link is too long to copy/paste here

Keep this page bookmarked, and you will never have to worry about that: https://goo.gl/

There are other sites as well, like tinyurl and such.
"You don't even exist, Sam. You won't get a medal for this."
"Medals don't help me sleep at night, Lambert."

User Info: McGlynn

McGlynn
7 months ago#16
InfernalRage posted...
McGlynn posted...
InfernalRage posted...
McGlynn posted...
So, all you need to do to get the $30 in january is getting 3 games in separate orders?
For example:

Is that correct? I know those aren't necessarily the games I should buy but I just took the ones you bought as an example.

Correct - per the terms (at least how I read it) as long as you have 3 separate transactions/order numbers, for store pickup, that total $10 or more during the eligible time period, then next month you will receive 3 separate $10 reward certificates that have a 3 week window to use. So at that point I'll just use them plus the GCU and pick up a full price game like Monster Hunter World for $18 or so ($47.99-$30.00)

And my last question, because I'm about to start the orders and I don't want to mess up, lol. You just make a normal order, right? I mean, you don't need to click a special link or anything, right?

Yep! 100% correct. Nothing special you need to do, I personally saved a copy of the web page showing the promotional information just so if they mess it up I can print it and bring it into the store, but it's supposed to automatically send you the codes starting 1/16 or whatever date it gives as long as you made a qualifying purchase in that timeframe. Will be easy enough to prove since your transaction history will show the order.

Awesome, thank you very much for your help! Great find. I got PUBG, Forza 7 and Okami HD.
3DS FC: 3780 9016 4725

User Info: YHWH_Saves

YHWH_Saves
7 months ago#17
Does anyone know the format of the discount? If it's Reward discounts, they can be combined against a single purchase for $30 off.

If it's something other, it possibly cannot be combined, and with the short window of use, might not useful for me.
"Man will not live off of bread alone, but by every word proceeding through the mouth of God." "You are not able to serve God and wealth.".

InfernalRage
7 months ago#18
YHWH_Saves posted...
Does anyone know the format of the discount? If it's Reward discounts, they can be combined against a single purchase for $30 off.

If it's something other, it possibly cannot be combined, and with the short window of use, might not useful for me.

I am assuming, based on the wording - it's a standard rewards certificate that you should be able to combine for use on one transaction. They'll show 3 separate $10 reward certificates, but online or in store should be able to use them all at once.

McGlynn posted...
InfernalRage posted...
McGlynn posted...
InfernalRage posted...
McGlynn posted...
For example:

Awesome, thank you very much for your help! Great find. I got PUBG, Forza 7 and Okami HD.

Great choice of games! Thinking I might need Forza 7 and PUBG as well!

InfernalRage
7 months ago#19
Last bump, deal good through Saturday.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Best Buy Deal ($10 store pickup, get a $10 reward certificate next month)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived