If MS removed the disk drive from the X imagine how small it would have been.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. If MS removed the disk drive from the X imagine how small it would have been.

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
4 months ago#1
Just for conversation lets say that MS did not put a Blu-Ray Drive or any drive at all in, imagine the size of the X1X.

This is just a discussion, I know they wouldn't and I know people would be pissed off and ask the question "Well how do I play my previously owned disks?" None of that please.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: JRiggsIV

JRiggsIV
4 months ago#2
You are fascinated with the imagination of “size”..
PSN-JRiggsIV
MLB-Cardinals NBA-76ers NCAA-Longhorns NFL-Cowboys

User Info: Triple_Aitch

Triple_Aitch
4 months ago#3
I guess it could have potentially have a form factor like the alienware alpha

goo.gl/XJVW9H

(I used to have one, it was great for its size but overall not too powerful... though they come in different model options)
"It's going to be legend... Wait for It...

User Info: Babbit55

Babbit55
4 months ago#4
agentspoon posted...
Just for conversation lets say that MS did not put a Blu-Ray Drive or any drive at all in, imagine the size of the X1X.

This is just a discussion, I know they wouldn't and I know people would be pissed off and ask the question "Well how do I play my previously owned disks?" None of that please.

If they did release either a £50 cheaper 1X without the drive or had a 2TB instead of a drive for the same price, I would by that instead, I own 0 physical games on the xbox now....

Realised when my disk drive broke how little I use it (took me at least 6 months to even know it was broken)
GT:- Babbit55
PC - i5 4670k, 16g ram, RX 480, 2tb hybrid drive.

agentspoon
4 months ago#5
@Babbit55

Hmmm, never thought about a bigger HDD. Would that be a fair trade off?
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?

Babbit55
4 months ago#6
@agentspoon posted...
@Babbit55

Hmmm, never thought about a bigger HDD. Would that be a fair trade off?

I would say so personally. Don't forget there is no size difference physically between 1tb and 2tb too

User Info: lost_within

lost_within
4 months ago#7
I think the next console gets m.2 drives...FAST and SMALL!
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison

agentspoon
4 months ago#8
@Babbit55

Yea, true. A minuscule box with the power of the X1X would be great.

I might have a project for the new year...

Babbit55
4 months ago#9
@agentspoon posted...
Babbit55

Yea, true. A minuscule box with the power of the X1X would be great.

I might have a project for the new year...

I was trying to build a cheap gaming/media machine for behind the TV in our bedroom, they are either powerful and really expensive, or weak and pretty expense, I was using the below as my starting point.

https://www.asrock.com/nettop/Intel/DeskMini%20GTXRX/index.asp

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
4 months ago#10
If games were priced equally for physical and digital, i would happily go 100% digital. As it is, in this country at least, a game at launch digital may be £55-60 and I can usually find it for £35-38 physical.

But yes, the console would be smaller. But no 4k blu-ray, which would make me sad.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. If MS removed the disk drive from the X imagine how small it would have been.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived