4K's nice, but what I love is finding previous games that run better on the X

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. 4K's nice, but what I love is finding previous games that run better on the X

User Info: TLR_

TLR_
5 months ago#1
I made a big event out of getting my One X. Mostly because I'm the only of my circle of local Xbox people that has a 4K TV. Of course we oohed and aahed at RotTR, Forza 7 and the like, but then we got to discussing all the free Twitch handouts for Warframe and fired it up. It wasn't listed as an Xbox One X enhanced game, but the framerate difference was night and day. Had to boot up the old One S just to verify for myself and it was absolutely smoother on the X.

Next one I found was a game my kids were into. Skylar & Plux: The Adventure on Clover Island. About the time that Yooka Laylee was in the dead center of infamy, catching that good ol' Mighty No. 9 treatment, a small amount of buzz was being generated for Skylar & Plux as a "Get this instead" for those looking for a charming and creative platformer. It struck all the right chords... in every field but performance. It was, and still is a choppy, laggy mess on the X1 and X1S... on the One X though... smooth as freaking butter. I started the whole game over just to re-witness it without the horrendous performance issues it had prior.

Anyone else find games like these? ...games that don't specify "One X Enhanced" that run way better on the One X?
After a decade, Nintendo has won me back!
Switch FC: SW-2455-7995-2494

User Info: Beers

Beers
5 months ago#2
I'm really loving the games that already had dynamic resolution like Doom and Halo 5. I don't even need the 4k patch for them to look great.
Life before Death. Strength before Weakness. Journey before Destination.

User Info: zombody

zombody
5 months ago#3
I'm super happy with my X purchase. The faster loading, and higher to target framerates on non upgraded games is awesome, and the X enhanced games are flippin nuts. There are times where instead of playing a game I will just walk around slowly looking at everything.

If you have a xbox one library and want everything improved, and everything down the road improved you should seriously consider it.
This George Carlin quote sums up Meta Critic..."Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

User Info: chex81

chex81
5 months ago#4
NHL 18 runs much sharper and more fluid overall, pleasant surprise without any patches
XBL: chex81 || NNID: phasma81

User Info: THEaircobra

THEaircobra
5 months ago#5
chex81 posted...
NHL 18 runs much sharper and more fluid overall, pleasant surprise without any patches

The X update has been out for a few days.
GT: aircobra PSN: THEaircobra
gamerzfoundry.com-Currently a work-in-progress. PM if you would like to help!

User Info: GamecubeIchiban

GamecubeIchiban
5 months ago#6
I just want Dark Souls III in real 1080p (or higher) and 60fps.
No reason that this can't easily be done.
Hammer of JUSTICE Crushes You, Over Power.
http://www.glsen.org/

User Info: TLR_

TLR_
5 months ago#7
zombody posted...
There are times where instead of playing a game I will just walk around slowly looking at everything.

No joke, I've spent probably a solid hour of doing just this in Rise of the Tomb Raider.
After a decade, Nintendo has won me back!
Switch FC: SW-2455-7995-2494

User Info: GamecubeIchiban

GamecubeIchiban
5 months ago#8
TLR_ posted...
zombody posted...
There are times where instead of playing a game I will just walk around slowly looking at everything.

No joke, I've spent probably a solid hour of doing just this in Rise of the Tomb Raider.

That's virtual sexual harassment.
Hammer of JUSTICE Crushes You, Over Power.
http://www.glsen.org/

User Info: zombody

zombody
5 months ago#9
TLR_ posted...
zombody posted...

Yup! TR was the first game I tried on the X, also spent about an hour just walking. Skyrim was another one that really made me slow down and appreciate the world, I also started playing it with the music off with headphones on, and it became significantly more immersive. Good times
This George Carlin quote sums up Meta Critic..."Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
5 months ago#10
zombody posted...
TLR_ posted...
zombody posted...

Yup! TR was the first game I tried on the X, also spent about an hour just walking. Skyrim was another one that really made me slow down and appreciate the world, I also started playing it with the music off with headphones on, and it became significantly more immersive. Good times

Same with Hitman. The oceanside Villa/Town is absolutely amazing for detail and HDR color and lighting. As impressive (or more) as RotTR.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. 4K's nice, but what I love is finding previous games that run better on the X

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived