PUBG, the SJW's f***ing win again...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. PUBG, the SJW's f***ing win again...

User Info: Krondelo

Krondelo
4 months ago#31
etymologist posted...
Sooo... if you read and follow the link, the lady in the article isn't even mad. She just pointed it out and the devs took it out. SJW? Nah. Just some chick who was a bit dumbfounded.

That's not the whole story.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/articles/pubgs-camel-toe-controversy-ends-with-developer-apologizing-to-sjws/85533141/
Taking life one day at a time.

User Info: AttackOnTitan

AttackOnTitan
4 months ago#32
Krondelo posted...
lol, typical gfaqs and xbox board. I can't make any post without a bunch of morons trying to call me out. Keep going it's entertaining.

Blame your topic title dude, you instigated that s***.
Eren Jaeger - If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! -

Krondelo
4 months ago#33
AttackOnTitan posted...
Krondelo posted...
lol, typical gfaqs and xbox board. I can't make any post without a bunch of morons trying to call me out. Keep going it's entertaining.

Blame your topic title dude, you instigated that s***.

Yeah I guess the title implies I'm upset. I don't see how it's instigating though? I really just wanted to show people the article because I thought it was funny.

User Info: seankimberley42

seankimberley42
4 months ago#34
Why do people get so offended over something so trivial? THAT OFFENDS ME SO MUCH!!
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
4 months ago#35
TheSL1Club posted...
'Ha. Even though there's a comment like this on virtually any article related to depictions of women, this still caught me by surprise, because of how completely silly this entire topic is. Here we go: Your comparison doesn't make any sense.

A bulge in a dude's underwear is standard. It's a product of underwear working as intended. It's fabric covering a body part. A camel toe is some fabric getting tucked up into a woman's labia majora. It is a thing that definitely happens in real life, but it's not standard or underwear working as intended. A male genital bulge is an inevitable result of going for a realistic appearance in your character models. A camel toe is not.

A more reasonable comparison would be if the male character model with the underwear skin showed a clear and graphic outline of the exact shape and positioning of the penis. But that's not the case, which is a shame.'

I didn't write this btw, it was one of the comment on that article which I thought makes a lot of sense. It was a response to this comment:

'If you look at the male model in pubg with the underwear skin you can very clearly see the bulge of his genitals but do the same thing for the female model and its offensive.

Anyone that is offended by it has there own problems to sort out.

I don't see pubg smoothing out the male model like ken dolls now.'

Exactly. I was agueing with some guy on Twitter over this.
There has always been a bulge on male character models but you don't see guys b****ing about it.
These females that complain are what we call feminazis and they are the scum of the earth.
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: ssgoku831

ssgoku831
4 months ago#36
lmao wow

Krondelo
4 months ago#37
GTAcrazy posted...
TheSL1Club posted...
'Ha. Even though there's a comment like this on virtually any article related to depictions of women, this still caught me by surprise, because of how completely silly this entire topic is. Here we go: Your comparison doesn't make any sense.

A bulge in a dude's underwear is standard. It's a product of underwear working as intended. It's fabric covering a body part. A camel toe is some fabric getting tucked up into a woman's labia majora. It is a thing that definitely happens in real life, but it's not standard or underwear working as intended. A male genital bulge is an inevitable result of going for a realistic appearance in your character models. A camel toe is not.

A more reasonable comparison would be if the male character model with the underwear skin showed a clear and graphic outline of the exact shape and positioning of the penis. But that's not the case, which is a shame.'

I didn't write this btw, it was one of the comment on that article which I thought makes a lot of sense. It was a response to this comment:

'If you look at the male model in pubg with the underwear skin you can very clearly see the bulge of his genitals but do the same thing for the female model and its offensive.

Anyone that is offended by it has there own problems to sort out.

I don't see pubg smoothing out the male model like ken dolls now.'

Exactly. I was agueing with some guy on Twitter over this.
There has always been a bulge on male character models but you don't see guys b****ing about it.
These females that complain are what we call feminazis and they are the scum of the earth.

Haha, oh I forgot to reply to this. Definitely a smart point.

User Info: Falsehopes88

Falsehopes88
4 months ago#38
I can see their point, camel toe seems aggravating. The last thing we need is 3D non-fictional characters to be aggravated before or while they are trying to kill each other.
GT: TacoOnTheToilet

User Info: BahamutBBob

BahamutBBob
4 months ago#39
It reminds me of Oblivion modders getting lazy, and literally just retexturing whichever female body replacer they chose to make their armor for. (which were fairly detailed down there) The laziness carried over to Fallout 3/NV, and Fallout 4, but not to the same extent.
XBL / PSN / Steam / NNID: BahamutBBob
3DS: 2320 - 6245 - 8788

Krondelo
4 months ago#40
Falsehopes88 posted...
I can see their point, camel toe seems aggravating. The last thing we need is 3D non-fictional characters to be aggravated before or while they are trying to kill each other.

lol.

BahamutBBob posted...
It reminds me of Oblivion modders getting lazy, and literally just retexturing whichever female body replacer they chose to make their armor for. (which were fairly detailed down there) The laziness carried over to Fallout 3/NV, and Fallout 4, but not to the same extent.

Yeah, I think really the worst thing about the article is just pointing out. "Hey, it's not our fault! We didn't even model that character!"

It is crazy how one of the best selling games lately is basically a modded game that uses external assets.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. PUBG, the SJW's f***ing win again...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived