Why is there a limit on changing 'Home' consoles

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why is there a limit on changing 'Home' consoles

User Info: AColdOnion

AColdOnion
4 months ago#11
I love the nostalgic feel of opening up games and putting them in my console but at this point I am 100% digital now.. My Xbox has decided to randomly stop reading discs and sometimes I have to keep putting the game in the console up to 20-30 times before it will finally decide to read the discs that are completely unscratched, I think my laser is starting to go out or some crap.. none of that nonsense with digital
hi

User Info: DGenerateKane

DGenerateKane
4 months ago#12
SigmaLongshot posted...
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
Thanks for the info guys. That clears it up for me

No worries whatsoever. Buying digitally and game sharing has been a godsend this generation with Xbox One. My wife and I generally like playing co-op games together and not many of them happen to be split-screen, so knowing that I can just buy it digitally once and we both get a copy is a no-brainer - much less of a cash drain than having to buy two separate discs just to play system link.

It sucks there is so few split screen co-op games this gen. Do all the developers think all gamers are friendless single people in real life?
http://www.360-hq.com/gamercard-DGenerateKane-0-19.png

User Info: Strav23

Strav23
4 months ago#13
holden4ever posted...
SigmaLongshot posted...
Buying digitally and game sharing has been a godsend this generation with Xbox One.

Before this gen I was 100% physical. Now it depends on the game but most purchases are digital. I'll still buy games physical but only used games. On PS4 I buy physical only.

I am the exact same way, I have a large digital library of game 200+ (some through gameshare) on Xbox. While I have a nice physical collection of mostly ps4 exclusives.
*Browncoats* "I aim to misbehave" - Malcom Reynolds

User Info: shotgunheadshot

shotgunheadshot
4 months ago#14
Microsoft wanted an online only console before this gen started. How come it was rejected? I guess majority ruled and said no to it with their wallet. I suppose Microsoft did the right thing to reset it. I wonder what gaming would be like if Sony and MS both were online only. Sales would be bad probably.

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
4 months ago#15
It's 5 times now? I think it used to be 3. 5 is crazy. That's a lot of times changing your home console.
And I want the brightest, I want fluorescence every day and night for the rest of my life - RIP Chuck Mosley

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
4 months ago#16
CapwnD posted...
It's 5 times now? I think it used to be 3. 5 is crazy. That's a lot of times changing your home console.

I was more worried if this was 5 times in total including next gen and so I’m. Because realistically some users may have already gone from OGX1>X1S>X1X and others may have had 1 or 2 faulty consoles which would force them to make a new home console. 5 per year seems reasonable.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man- The Dude

User Info: zombody

zombody
4 months ago#17
I've just started using this feature recently, and it's flippin great. I'm usually a disc guy but now I have to think about if it's a game me and my gf will play together, since she can now play on a tv right next to me with my other xbox, while I only have to pay for one gold and one game.

It's a really cool feature, just wanted to add that :)
This George Carlin quote sums up Meta Critic..."Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
4 months ago#18
zombody posted...
I've just started using this feature recently, and it's flippin great. I'm usually a disc guy but now I have to think about if it's a game me and my gf will play together, since she can now play on a tv right next to me with my other xbox, while I only have to pay for one gold and one game.

It's a really cool feature, just wanted to add that :)

And baffling how often it's overlooked!

You have to commend Microsoft's focus on the players this generation. Where there's a gap in first-party exclusive software, you've got Play Anywhere (so you can literally play your games and saves across console or PC), Game Share (so you can purchase a single copy and share said digital copy of a game with multiple friends, saving a huge amount of money), Game Pass, which is great for entry-level Xbox One owners who want a huge library of games for a small monthly outlay, and Backwards Compatibility, that, unlike the opposition, lets you play all your old games you already own, often with Xbox One X enhanced patches, for no additional cost.

And as much as I get stick for it (inexplicably, I get torn to pieces every time I bring it up), the PS4's insistence on me having to re-buy the games I own from last gen baffles me, and the PS4's Game Share option isn't nearly as comprehensive as Xbox One's.
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo PS4: Gooey_Toto/SigmaLongshot
A decade working in AAA game development? Time certainly flies.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why is there a limit on changing 'Home' consoles

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived