Elite controller opinions?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Elite controller opinions?

User Info: Finaliize

Finaliize
4 months ago#11
I wouldnt buy one again. Ive never ever had a problem with ANY xbox controller, OG, 360, or one, until I bought an Elite. Within the first few weeks the LB started falling out and the grip on the right side started seperating from the controller. I take care of my equipment and have never had ANY issues or broken controllers in my lifetime until I bought an Elite. The bumpers starting to fall out affected gameplay.

User Info: grampamurked

grampamurked
4 months ago#12
Finaliize posted...
I wouldnt buy one again. Ive never ever had a problem with ANY xbox controller, OG, 360, or one, until I bought an Elite. Within the first few weeks the LB started falling out and the grip on the right side started seperating from the controller. I take care of my equipment and have never had ANY issues or broken controllers in my lifetime until I bought an Elite. The bumpers starting to fall out affected gameplay.

Bad batch.

I've had mine since day one without issue. And I use it exclusively
Steam ID: H8Laggers PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU GT: H8laggers
Currently playing: The keyboard on my smartphone.

User Info: Azeiryous

Azeiryous
4 months ago#13
ZJust ask yourself this one question. Will you use the paddles?

I bought it for gears of war so i can run and dodge without taking my fingers off the sticks.
I tried to get used to the paddles but i couldnt. So for me it was a waste of money. Yes its nicely weighted and the grip is fantastic but not worth a hundred dollars more

User Info: James_Upton

James_Upton
4 months ago#14
Pretty awesome controller but easily the most high maintenance controller I’ve ever had. Bought one at launch, bought a broken spare one for replacement parts, had to replace one grip already that bubbled, has to dissassemble to clean out to correct stick drift etc etc
Check out my gaming and motorsports YouTube channel at JDMSG:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvcAVZIXy41HbSKwkLTyQEQ/feed?view_as=public

User Info: D_FENS3

D_FENS3
4 months ago#15
My 2nd Elite is holding up good.... so far. Gave A buddy my minor defective elite. It does have A fantastic feel to it compared the the standard controller. If only they could integrate the stereo headset adapter into the elite.

Here is A poll (closed) regarging controller quality/ longevity

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/76013748
Everyone in this room is dumber for having read this. I am awarded zero points and may God have mercy on my soul.
(XBL: D FENS3) (PSN: TG-D_FENS3)

User Info: Overburdened

Overburdened
4 months ago#16
robert_rangersu posted...
Overburdened posted...
What is the purpose of the extra paddles, can you map things to them, like massive combos in fighting games for example, so it's just a click of the button.

No macros, that'd be cheating.

That's what I thought, I can't see what the point of one is, but now @grampamurked has given an example, makes sense now, I don't personally play games that I feel I'd need one.
When the Lion Devours Both Dragon and Child.

User Info: Finaliize

Finaliize
4 months ago#17
grampamurked posted...
Finaliize posted...

Bad batch.

Kind of horse s*** when its $150.. I LOVED it at first but the controller falling apart ruined it for me

User Info: grampamurked

grampamurked
4 months ago#18
Finaliize posted...
grampamurked posted...
Finaliize posted...

Bad batch.

Kind of horse s*** when its $150.. I LOVED it at first but the controller falling apart ruined it for me

I'd have insisted on a refund from Microsoft
Steam ID: H8Laggers PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU GT: H8laggers
Currently playing: The keyboard on my smartphone.

User Info: James_Upton

James_Upton
4 months ago#19
grampamurked posted...
Finaliize posted...
grampamurked posted...
Finaliize posted...

Bad batch.

Many did, but after warranty it’s f*** all. They won’t touch it without raping your wallet.
Check out my gaming and motorsports YouTube channel at JDMSG:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvcAVZIXy41HbSKwkLTyQEQ/feed?view_as=public

User Info: D_FENS3

D_FENS3
4 months ago#20
grampamurked

If your defect is recognized within 30 days. You can, most likely, return it to the store. (Pending their terms).
Within 90 days is Microsoft warranty. They will require A receipt pic emailed to verify the purchase. Thats how I received A free 2nd elite controller.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/76013748
Everyone in this room is dumber for having read this. I am awarded zero points and may God have mercy on my soul.
(XBL: D FENS3) (PSN: TG-D_FENS3)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Elite controller opinions?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived