I am surprised the Xbox One S is still selling for $189

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I am surprised the Xbox One S is still selling for $189

User Info: knight1014139

knight1014139
4 months ago#51
Shovel_Break posted...
knight1014139 posted...
Shovel_Break posted...
plus1zero posted...
BigOW posted...
Idk but Sony is having a fire sale on the ps4pro atm but tbh even at $349 it feels way over priced

Ps4pro is useless

I agree. There's no need for the PS4 Pro when you can play God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Spider-Man, Dreams, and Days Gone on Xbox One X.

Oh wait...

Compared to the X, the Pro does seem useless. If I wanted to play those exclusives I'd just buy a Slim.

Horizon: Zero Dawn on PS4 Pro looks better than anything on the Xbox One X, why play it on a Slim when the Pro is $350 right now?

I still think 350 is a lot for that console. Like I stated, if I wanted to play any of those exclusives, I'd get a Slim.
XBL Gamertag: TheRevan Lord
https://youtu.be/goyZmicZkDQ
(message deleted)

User Info: Cubby

Cubby
4 months ago#53
PhaseBlack posted...
Cubby posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
Cubby posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
Did Microsoft make it this price for the remainder of the holiday or is this a response to the November NPD upset where they weren't able to take the top spot? The $189 price point for so long is quite a drastic move, it comes at a loss that I personally do not feel is worth it to move units.

I sincerely hope they are at least able to get a win for the December NPD. It was surprising that the Xbox One X launch month combined with the $189 price for the Xbox One S on Black Friday didn't make Xbox win last month. They really went all out in November, but I commend them for what they are trying to do this month by practically giving away the Xbox One S at that price. Maybe MS can achieve that this month with such a deep loss for the sake of moving Xbox consoles at that steal of a deal price.

Why is it surprising? XBOX ONE has a history of going on sale BF, and for the most part staying on sale through the Holiday season. So no it should not be surprising.

Also, if everything goes according to Phil's plan, and the XBOX ONE becomes a family of consoles with no generations, but upgrades 189.00 at this time makes sense for the entry model to the family, and I would say pretty much dictates that XBOX ONE X is going to get a price cut sometime next year, and maybe one in 2019, getting ready to release the new updated system that will come out for the launch of the PS 5.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it being marked down for good to 189 shortly after the holidays, or sometime around Sea of Thieves, if not seeing it marked down to 150.

The Xbox division is taking a sizable loss by doing this, not even PlayStation would sell the PS4 at $199 all holiday.

If XBOX and Microsoft ever ran like Sony, and Nintendo where they have to make profits off their hardware or they go bust, I could understand your concern, but the fact that they have come point blankly out and have said that they have loss, or at best broke even Hardware wise for a long time(maybe made very little profit), and that DLC, and Live, and Services is what keeps them alive, at this point selling more systems to get more Live accounts is the focus. As thus this is not surprising, or really hurting them at all.

The lack of new exclusives for consoles is the only thing really hurting them at this point, but MS is getting PUBG which was doing well on Amazon, and Hello Neighbor which has potential to be a surprise hit might help that a little bit for the Holiday season, and Sea of Thieves, and Crackdown 3 both being released for Spring(If Crackdown makes it out then) will help later.

I dont think you understand. If Xbox continues to perform like this with such drastic measures to get units moving, Microsoft will cut their support more and more till the are fully about PC gaming.

Do you wonder why MS is spending money on indie console exclusives and hardly any on AAA games outside of Halo, Gears, and Forza? It has to do with Xbox One sales

First off the XBOX division is fine, it makes money off all the exclusives rather you buy them via PC or XBOX ONE , because that is what play anywhere does, it makes sure the XBOX division gets part of that money.

Secondly, as I stated, and you can't seem to comprehend, the point is to get more units sold to get more live accounts up, and running, because that is where a lot of their money comes from, the rest comes from game sales,(Third party, and otherwise) extra controllers etc. etc., along with every online transaction you make for DLC, loot boxes, etc.

User Info: Cubby

Cubby
4 months ago#54
Third XBOX is part of MS plans to get everyone connected through Windows, so they are not likely to let it die.

Fourth: They go in for budget titles, because it gives them exclusive content, at a cheap price, making it easier to make money off of.

Fifth: and finally with the XBOX ONE X out they will get more third party sales now, and if the XBOX brand was in trouble as much as you think, they would not be talking about getting more exclusive content, and opening new studios.

So just stop it TC.

User Info: Satchmo25

Satchmo25
4 months ago#55
No thanks. I’ll wait until the Pro drops another $100-150. It’s just too expensive to justify it playing lesser multiplat and no exclusives
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
http://i.imgur.com/AUYtAmy.png

User Info: MoreRpgs

MoreRpgs
4 months ago#56
$150 and I'll think of probably buying it.

User Info: plus1zero

plus1zero
4 months ago#57
Shovel_Break posted...
knight1014139 posted...
Shovel_Break posted...
plus1zero posted...
BigOW posted...
Idk but Sony is having a fire sale on the ps4pro atm but tbh even at $349 it feels way over priced

Ps4pro is useless

I agree. There's no need for the PS4 Pro when you can play God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Spider-Man, Dreams, and Days Gone on Xbox One X.

Oh wait...

Compared to the X, the Pro does seem useless. If I wanted to play those exclusives I'd just buy a Slim.

Horizon: Zero Dawn on PS4 Pro looks better than anything on the Xbox One X, why play it on a Slim when the Pro is $350 right now?

I got the platinum for that game, while playing on a pro. It’s an okay game. Nothing special, but not bad either.

I’m mostly a PC gamer so I have no dog in the race but a lot of the touted PS4 exclusives are weeb games, and HZD isn’t something to buy a console over. The only thing this year to actually buy a PS4 over was Nioh, and it finally came to PC.
Make America Game Again

User Info: HyruleHero

HyruleHero
4 months ago#58
Should have figured TC was so uneducated that he doesn’t understand the console industry.
Currently Playing: Rise of the Tomb Raider (XBO), Resident Evil 7 (XBO).
The artist formally know as slyman19.

User Info: leelee3105

leelee3105
4 months ago#59
this child who made this topic has embarrassed itself beyond repair
7 November 2017 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT= ScottTHEscammeR Xbox One X makes ponies sad
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I am surprised the Xbox One S is still selling for $189

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived