Does having a low amount of space on your HDD affect the console's performance?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Does having a low amount of space on your HDD affect the console's performance?

User Info: Ray_AP_36

Ray_AP_36
4 months ago#1
i.e., making games load slower, etc.? I have 5.7 GB out of 364.9 GB free. Will this affect my Xbox One's performance? Or is Marvel vs Capcom Infinite taking ages to load because of the game itself? :-/

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
4 months ago#2
Ray_AP_36 posted...
i.e., making games load slower, etc.? I have 5.7 GB out of 364.9 GB free. Will this affect my Xbox One's performance? Or is Marvel vs Capcom Infinite taking ages to load because of the game itself? :-/

It can affect your console and make the UI run slower and stuff. I can’t speak on behalf of Marvel vs Capcom cause I haven’t played it. I have 1.5TBs of storage for my Xbox One and always leave atleast 100gb free.
Long live machine, The future supreme..
Man overthrown, Spit out the bone..

Ray_AP_36
4 months ago#3
Syn_Vengeance posted...
It can affect your console and make the UI run slower and stuff.

Does that affect the load times for games?

User Info: djwagon

djwagon
4 months ago#4
just curious .does this also effort extrnal hard drives .
welcome to Gamefaqs.where your 1000% completely wrong about everything even before you post on here .so once again welcome to Gamefaqs

User Info: josbak

josbak
4 months ago#5
Ray_AP_36 posted...

I was thinking it was the latest update for marvel that slowed down the load times

Ray_AP_36
4 months ago#6
josbak posted...
Ray_AP_36 posted...

I was thinking it was the latest update for marvel that slowed down the load times

I noticed long load times since the game first came out, I think.

Ray_AP_36
4 months ago#7
Bump

User Info: KJP3

KJP3
4 months ago#8
Never had a problem and my console is about full, I have an external that’s half free but I don’t always have it plugged in, my brother and I have separate consoles but share a hard drive
The Earth is flat and Dinosaurs were made up to discourage time travel.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Does having a low amount of space on your HDD affect the console's performance?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived