Why wont they put RTS games on xbox one.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why wont they put RTS games on xbox one.

User Info: Waytoodeep03

Waytoodeep03
5 months ago#1
Games like starcraft, total war series, empire at war etc.

Why wont they put rts games out on console

User Info: Deltron_Zero

Deltron_Zero
5 months ago#2
They did.Halo Wars 2.
Eating contest! http://imgur.com/L5ybrGY
http://imgur.com/syLkh1C

User Info: genesis145

genesis145
5 months ago#3
They have to be dumbed down to much. The interfaces and number of keys you need wouldn't fit a controller. You could but it would be a lot of combo key presses or you just wouldn't have short cuts which could hurt since you need to be able to do stuff at a moments notice to react in real RTS games.

Again it's possible but I think devs just don't want to go through the work of having to redesign their games interface and controls from the ground up. Interfaces aren't as easy to make as we think. You can easily make a complete clusterf*** for an interface and think it's good until people use it.

User Info: BigOW

BigOW
5 months ago#4
genesis145 posted...
They have to be dumbed down to much. The interfaces and number of keys you need wouldn't fit a controller. You could but it would be a lot of combo key presses or you just wouldn't have short cuts which could hurt since you need to be able to do stuff at a moments notice to react in real RTS games.

Again it's possible but I think devs just don't want to go through the work of having to redesign their games interface and controls from the ground up. Interfaces aren't as easy to make as we think. You can easily make a complete clusterf*** for an interface and think it's good until people use it.

Doesn’t Xbox have kb&mouse support now?

User Info: flame030191

flame030191
5 months ago#5
genesis145 posted...

Not to mention Command and Conquer tried to have a strong presence on console, ever since the PS1 days in fact, and yet couldn’t ever hit a satisfying mark between gameplay and sales. The Halo Wars is the worst selling and worst reviewed games in the Halo series, as well, which doesn’t help.

RTS just doesn’t work on console, and there isn’t an audience to support their efforts the few times they try.
Forgive me for I am a noob. I know not what I do.

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
5 months ago#6
There's Halo Wars 1 & 2, Supreme Commander 2(bc). Sudden Strike 4 and 8-Bit Armies should be coming soon too.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire

User Info: genesis145

genesis145
5 months ago#7
BigOW posted...
genesis145 posted...

Doesn’t Xbox have kb&mouse support now?

I don't think it has mouse yet but I'm not sure.
But the problem is they can't force everyone to buy another controller set to play the game unless they want to include a mouse and keyboard with the game.

They have to make sure the game can be played on the xbox one controller so they'd still have to do everything I listed up top unless like I said they include a mouse and keyboard which would just kill the price of the game for consumers and that would deff affect sales. No way will I buy a RTS game for 80 to 100 bucks lol.

User Info: chex81

chex81
5 months ago#8
RTS don’t work well enough on consoles, every time I’ve played them they felt out of place
XBL: chex81 || NNID: phasma81

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
5 months ago#9
flame030191 posted...
genesis145 posted...

Not to mention Command and Conquer tried to have a strong presence on console, ever since the PS1 days in fact, and yet couldn’t ever hit a satisfying mark between gameplay and sales. The Halo Wars is the worst selling and worst reviewed games in the Halo series, as well, which doesn’t help.

RTS just doesn’t work on console, and there isn’t an audience to support their efforts the few times they try.

They work fine when done right. Even Command and Conquer on the PS1 worked just fine outside of performance issues. Halo Wars is great with a controller as well

User Info: NuclearHendrix

NuclearHendrix
5 months ago#10
How do RTS not work on consoles? I play them fine. Maybe you guys just need to git gud.
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize - Voltaire
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why wont they put RTS games on xbox one.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived