Cuphead and Forza 7 win big at the Game Awards 2017

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Cuphead and Forza 7 win big at the Game Awards 2017

User Info: ThanosSupreme

ThanosSupreme
4 months ago#1
Best Art Direction: Cuphead

Best independent Game: Cuphead

Best Debut independent game: Cuphead

Best Sports/Racing Game: Forza Motorsport 7

Forza 7 beat out some big names i honestly thought Fifa 18 would take or NBA 2K18 but Turn 10 proves they have a choke hold on the exclusive racing scene and exclusive racer.

as far as Cuphead goes it deserves every award it gets plain and simple. still go back to it from time to time.

congrats to Nintendo for taking the big win. i mentioned before that Breath Of The Wild can't be beat by anything that sony or microsoft put out this year.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/08/the-game-awards-2017-best-parts/
"That's how I determine which one to buy.No moved goalposts for me whichever one outperforms the other wins." - quincy2000a

User Info: drakona

drakona
4 months ago#2
I'm sure velvet will be here soon to do damage control and come up with some crazy ass reason why GT Sport didn't get the win lol. Congrats to cuphead!!! They deserve it.
GT: Inferno Rage89
this is an A and B conversation so C your way out before D jumps over E and F's you up G

ThanosSupreme
4 months ago#3
drakona posted...
I'm sure velvet will be here soon to do damage control and come up with some crazy ass reason why GT Sport didn't get the win lol. Congrats to cuphead!!! They deserve it.

poor guy he's probably crying in a corner somewhere or trying to sell GT Short to some poor soul that might listen to him.

Forza 7 didn't need the game awards to prove it's dominance this gen. but it's well deserved
"That's how I determine which one to buy.No moved goalposts for me whichever one outperforms the other wins." - quincy2000a

User Info: AndyJoe89

AndyJoe89
4 months ago#4
ThanosSupreme posted...
drakona posted...

poor guy he's probably crying in a corner somewhere or trying to sell GT Short to some poor soul that might listen to him.

Forza 7 didn't need the game awards to prove it's dominance this gen. but it's well deserved

So that's what he's doing in Purgatory. 😛
GameFAQs: The gaming community that hates gaming.

User Info: ColorBlindGamer

ColorBlindGamer
4 months ago#5
Forza Motorsport 7 deserves it. Hands down best racer this year and this gen. Took all competitors head on and won.

https://imgur.com/oYROzyX

Cuphead is just a masterpiece of a game. I feel independent game while it's the correct term it's a gem of a game. My personal GOTY a long with BOTW
Nothing comes out as you plan it out to be.

User Info: revolution3603

revolution3603
4 months ago#6
I agree with cuphead but 2k18 should've won best sports games it's leaps and bounds better than Forza 7 and has an insane amount of content I think people are caught in how good Forza looks
Fly Eagles Fly on the road to victory E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!

ThanosSupreme
4 months ago#7
revolution3603 posted...
I agree with cuphead but 2k18 should've won best sports games it's leaps and bounds better than Forza 7 and has an insane amount of content I think people are caught in how good Forza looks

i thought NBA or FIFA would win but turned out to be quite a surprise and from 60 localizations

User Info: James_Upton

James_Upton
4 months ago#8
Don’t agree with Best Racet, the only thing F7 has that isn’t done better by other sim racers this year is car count
Check out my gaming and motorsports YouTube channel at JDMSG:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvcAVZIXy41HbSKwkLTyQEQ/feed?view_as=public

ThanosSupreme
4 months ago#9
James_Upton posted...
Don’t agree with Best Racet, the only thing F7 has that isn’t done better by other sim racers this year is car count

sure lul

User Info: James_Upton

James_Upton
4 months ago#10
ThanosSupreme posted...
James_Upton posted...

sure lul

Just saying another entry that does minimal new. Forza Horizon is the far better series.
Think people are too hyped over 4k
“OMG FORZA IN 4k LETS J*** EACHTOHER OFF!”. Reality is, it’s buggy, not that impressive visually, and once again has absolute s*** force feedback.

All around better game is PC2. Better at 4k, physics, VR, tracks, disciplines are far superior.
What GT Sport lacks in content makes up for a significantly better multiplayer.
Dirt 4 offers unlimited new stages to race on.
Hell I even prefer WRC 7 over Forza 7. Just because it has something new and appealing.
I bought F7 when it was $38. Played two races, nothing new that is interesting. I played this game 3 years ago. Was really hoping they’d pick up RallyX at least since half of World RX’s venues are already in the game. But as always Turn 10 is more focused on $ than fans. And continues to be the only sim
Racing game with Microtransactions.

TLDR: Take it from someone with a serious c***pit setup and all major racing sims, F7 is nothing special. Not bad, but not worth the praise and loyalty fanboys pour into it.
Check out my gaming and motorsports YouTube channel at JDMSG:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvcAVZIXy41HbSKwkLTyQEQ/feed?view_as=public
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Cuphead and Forza 7 win big at the Game Awards 2017

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived