Resident Evil Zero is tedious as hell.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Resident Evil Zero is tedious as hell.

User Info: Syn_Vengeance

Syn_Vengeance
4 months ago#1
So I haven’t beat this game since the GameCube days. Despite this I bought the remaster to go with the rest of my RE collection on Xbox One. So I was gonna do a run through of the series and decided to finally give this game another go.

I made it like 45minutes in before saving and giving up for the night. I don’t understand why people like this game so much. The lack of item boxes forces unnecessary backtracking to lengthen the game. The partner zapping feature feels forced as hell.

(Did I seriously just have to run around and find and ice pick to get Rebecca out of a room? She’s a cop for Christ sake, can’t she just kick or shoot a wooden door open? lol)

I’m gonna try and keep trucking through to finish the game but holy hell.. What cracks me up too about the item dropping, is the rooms have a drop limit. Why does this big ass main hall only let me drop like 8 items on the floor? To force me to leave s*** in other rooms and force me to unnecessarily backtrack through half the game to get them?

So the question is.. What do you guys who like this game, find so fun or charming about it? Cause I sure as hell don’t see it.

Sorry for the #blogfaqs.
Long live machine, The future supreme..
Man overthrown, Spit out the bone..

User Info: BigLongDowner

BigLongDowner
4 months ago#2
I haven't played it since I beat it once on Gamecube. I have the remaster as well but haven't had the urge to start it yet. So I definitely know where you're coming from. I remember being excited as hell for this game since it involved the Bravo team. I was hoping it would of went more in depth with those characters but unfortunately didn't.

I'll eventually run through it.

And those damn monkeys! Haha.
GT - Typ3 O Negativ3
PSN - BigLongDowner

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
4 months ago#3
I agree. I played both REmake and RE0 this year and RE0 just isn't fun to play because of all the backtracking and switching back and forth. It doesn't really have a great atmosphere either. REmake on the other hand is still a spectacular game IMO although it's probably to a degree caused by nostalgia.
Ryse > Knack

Syn_Vengeance
4 months ago#4
BigLongDowner posted...
I haven't played it since I beat it once on Gamecube. I have the remaster as well but haven't had the urge to start it yet. So I definitely know where you're coming from. I remember being excited as hell for this game since it involved the Bravo team. I was hoping it would of went more in depth with those characters but unfortunately didn't.

I'll eventually run through it.

And those damn monkeys! Haha.

Exactly! I beat it once on GameCube and never looked back lol. I’m trying really hard to want to play it and keep going but it’s not in the slightest bit fun. I felt the same way about the Bravo team stuff but like you said, they don’t do anything with them. Most of them are gone after the opening. Edwards in it long enough to say a few things before he dies and you hear Enrico on the radio a couple times. It was such a wasted opportunity.

Syn_Vengeance
4 months ago#5
INKU48 posted...
I agree. I played both REmake and RE0 this year and RE0 just isn't fun to play because of all the backtracking and switching back and forth. It doesn't really have a great atmosphere either. REmake on the other hand is still a spectacular game IMO although it's probably to a degree caused by nostalgia.

Completely agree, gonna give Zero another shot and if it doesn’t click I’m just gonna skip it again and play REmake.

User Info: weekoldhotdog

weekoldhotdog
4 months ago#6
Protip:

Just make storage "rooms" along the way. Picking everything up and dropping them off at a centrally located room. When it's time to move to another big location, take what you can, drop it off, then come back for the rest.

In the end, you gotta keep up with your own storage box.
Ba da da dada, da da da dada, da da da dada, da da da dada...
What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

User Info: X_F_L_A_W_X

X_F_L_A_W_X
4 months ago#7
Syn_Vengeance posted...
I don’t understand why people like this game so much.

I wasn't aware the game was as well-received as you're making it seem. Aside from the charm of it being one of the last original RE titles with static cameras, somewhat scarce ammo, etc. I think most people and reviewers had the same issues you did.

Personally, the lack of monster variety is what lands this so low on my list. The constant dropping of items sucks, but I got used to it after I developed a system. I dropped everything important (ink ribbons, puzzle items) in the main hall, then used the rooms connected to the main hall to hold other themed items (one room was my "armory" with my ammo and guns, one was a "med center" with all my excess healing items, etc). The enemies just being giant versions of real things is what annoyed me the most, though I guess it makes sense at that stage since it was too early for things to mutate too much.

Regardless, RE0 is usually just seen as "passable," for pretty much the same reasons you listed.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/586411-raiden-trad

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
4 months ago#8
It is tedious. I remember this game getting roasted to no end back in the days of the Gamecube.

User Info: BeefEaster

BeefEaster
4 months ago#9
you can definitely tell it was made by capcom's B-team

I was really disappointed with it when it first came out especially after playing REmake, which is the best RE game in my opinion
I play with dolls: http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/BeefEaster/004_zpskcg7thdf.jpg

User Info: AttackOnTitan

AttackOnTitan
4 months ago#10
weekoldhotdog posted...
Protip:

Just make storage "rooms" along the way. Picking everything up and dropping them off at a centrally located room. When it's time to move to another big location, take what you can, drop it off, then come back for the rest.

In the end, you gotta keep up with your own storage box.

I actually never thought of that. Good tip
Eren Jaeger - If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! -
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Resident Evil Zero is tedious as hell.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived