Bethesda Launches Campaign To "Save" Single-Player Games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Bethesda Launches Campaign To "Save" Single-Player Games

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
5 months ago#1
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/bethesda-launches-campaign-to-save-single-player-g/1100-6455468/

nice jacket wonder woman..

bethesda are perfect for this too, they publish/develop some of the best single player games.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
5 months ago#2
No amount of Linda Carter will wash the vile taste of the long dick of the Creation Club out of my mouth Bethesda.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: etymologist

etymologist
5 months ago#3
agentspoon posted...
No amount of Linda Carter will wash the vile taste of the long dick of the Creation Club out of my mouth Bethesda.

But how do you really feel?
Hi, I'm totally invisible on these boards.

User Info: cymanx

cymanx
5 months ago#4
I like the creation club, unlike most people. I thought it was a good alternative to free mods, just because you weren'tplagued by the load order. I think the problem is that the price point for the creation club content is usually more expensive then it is actually worth. Another concern is that Bethesda doesn't want to admit that they are charging for mods, when they actually are. They even changed their classification of the creation club content a few times before and after its launch.

However, creation club won't be what saves single player gaming. If you want to save single player gaming, just release more high quality single player games. I don't mean some popular indie game, I mean a AAA single player game that is high quality. A few of these would definitely bring single player gaming on track.
vr6exyvr6exy wants to connect his PS4 to his mobile hot spot.

User Info: genesis145

genesis145
5 months ago#5
So what did they do exactly? Maybe I read over it....
They had an actress say "play single player games"
And gave money for people to go to school who will likely land a job at a company making MP games?

What is this campaign they are doing to "save" single player games?

Edit: Just watched the video......people know that was literally just a sales video right? I mean making a good single player game doesn't mean you can't have multiplayer AT ALL in it. We have plenty of games with a single player experience but also a Multiplayer experience. But I guess if they want to call this a "save" single player campaign.

No point in release a bunch of games that are SP only if the story sucks -_-. That's literally half of the SP game and we all know bethesda has the worst writers lol.

User Info: Nazanir

Nazanir
5 months ago#6
Funny coming from Bethesda.

How many times have they re-released single player games? Or just Skyrim? And how buggy/messy are those games?

And does the Switch version of Skyrim have the same bugs as the PS360 version of that game?
XboX GT/Steam/Wii-U - Nazanir

User Info: DJ break beats

DJ break beats
5 months ago#7
I support this. I would hate to see all AAA single player games be phased out because of lack of sales and the budgets being too big.
"Are you going to bark all day, little doggie, or are you going to bite?" - Mr. Blonde from Reservoir Dogs.

User Info: genesis145

genesis145
5 months ago#8
Nazanir posted...

How many times have they re-released single player games? Or just Skyrim? And how buggy/messy are those games?

And does the Switch version of Skyrim have the same bugs as the PS360 version of that game?

Not gonna lie I love the switch version but I think it has more bugs. When you do the quest for the other 3 students and the college of winterhold it never gives me the rewards. I've never had that glitch happen in any of the 400 playthroughs of skyrim until the switch version. I usually use those to disenchant them or sell for a new spell so oh well.

User Info: Danimus

Danimus
5 months ago#9
Nazanir posted...

I don't pay any attention to Bethesda's re-releases so I can't vouch for how glitchy they are, all I know is that some of my favorite current gen games are Bethesda games and none of them are giltchy or buggy. I like Doom, Wolfenstein TNO, Wolf. New Colossus and Dishonored 2 a lot. All of those games have run smooth for me with almost no hiccups, with huge games like Skyrim and Fallout 4 I always expect a certain amount of glitches. Personally from my play time though, Fallout 4 ran great, I have the PS4 version, but that's beside the point.

User Info: SoulTrapper

SoulTrapper
5 months ago#10
Single player games are doing fine, they don't need 'saving'.

If Bethesda would make actual good games again, the sales would follow.
And hopefully, they learn that mixing a political agenda (any agenda) with video games does nothing but alienate a part of the audience.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Bethesda Launches Campaign To "Save" Single-Player Games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived