Is Microsoft putting too much faith in Sea of theives?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is Microsoft putting too much faith in Sea of theives?

User Info: Ozosil

Ozosil
4 months ago#1
Is Microsoft putting too much faith in Sea of theives? - Results (47 votes)
Yes
57.45% (27 votes)
No
23.4% (11 votes)
Maybe
19.15% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
We had 2 E3 extended gameplay and the VGA trailer looked ridiculaus next to what Sony and Nintendo had to offer IMO. Do you think Microsoft is investing way too much in Sea of Theives?

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
4 months ago#2
And this is a bad thing because? It's a good thing some of you aren't running your own companies. It's usually not a wise move to just abandon a product/investment simply because it doesn't live up to a small yet vocal group's expectations.

Stop being "ridiculaus" TC.
I think everybody should get rich and famous and do everything they ever dreamed of so they can see that it's not the answer. -Jim Carrey

User Info: Brownstone

Brownstone
4 months ago#3
Maybe, i'll wait for some reviews before buying it. The game definitely has potential to be something especial though.
Gamertag: Mr Brownstone64

User Info: chex81

chex81
4 months ago#4
Brownstone posted...
Maybe, i'll wait for some reviews before buying it. The game definitely has potential to be something especial though.

this, i wasnt too excited for the game but everyone thats played it says nothing but great things about it. I forsee the game actually being a great experience but likely under selling due to lack of popularity. Fingers crossed if its that good, it does well overall in sales and community involvement.
XBL: chex81 || NNID: phasma81

User Info: Cubby

Cubby
4 months ago#5
I have to go with No, because it's not about how a game looks, it's about how fun it is, and apparently this game is crazy fun. In the end the word is getting out about it, and it has the potential pending on when it releases to be a Million seller.

Considering things that sale a Million copies plus is still kind of important. I think this will be fine

User Info: cymanx

cymanx
4 months ago#6
You always have faith that your own product will do well. That is the one thing I've learned from watching Shark Tank. What concerns me more is the ammount of time it is taking them to release it. Not that I have any intention of buying it.
vr6exyvr6exy wants to connect his PS4 to his mobile hot spot.

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
4 months ago#7
They don't really have something else to push for the spring tbh and if Halo 6 or something big is coming for the holidays 2018 then they will shift their focus to that after Sea of Thieves. Which game do you think they should push right now, TC?
Ryse > Knack

User Info: GTAcrazy

GTAcrazy
4 months ago#8
No.
Game is different and fun as hell.
Will be a smash hit.
I would buy it just to stare at the water.
GamerTag: Major Sousa

User Info: Nodrog77

Nodrog77
4 months ago#9
Let me just say that all this time, unless they no longer have the right staff to do it, they should have been working & Conker goes to rehab-or something like that. Sea of Thieves does not look like a game that I could get into at all. We have Rare, the master of platformers, & we can't even get 1 of those? Rare's not gonna make Microsoft any money unless they go back to what has made them so great. BK, Conker, Grabbed by the Ghoulies was the last great game they made & that was 2 gens, almost 3 gens ago.

Go back to your bread & butter kids.
GT: Bludluvr If you shoot a mime should you use a silencer?

User Info: leelee3105

leelee3105
4 months ago#10
MS releases Halo and Gears......."man, MS always releasing the same old crap"

MS releases Sea of Thieves...."man, why isnt MS releasing the same old crap?"

We get it. Youre never happy. Find a new hobby
7 November 2017 known as the day of SALT on pony island
GT= ScottTHEscammeR Xbox One X makes ponies sad
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Is Microsoft putting too much faith in Sea of theives?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived