November 2017 NPD: XB1X helps XB1 sell 200k more than last year!!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. November 2017 NPD: XB1X helps XB1 sell 200k more than last year!!!

User Info: Corrik

Corrik
4 months ago#21
Technarchy posted...
NPD DATA:
November 2017 NPD: October 29th to November 25th (4 weeks)

Hardware:
PS4 - 1.54m (up 40% YoY)
XBO - 1.4m (up 40% YoY)
NSW - 770k (PS4:NSW at 2:1)

That's a strong showing for Xbox One. It hasn't come anywhere near PS4 sales numbers all year, so to get within striking distance at all suggests good demand for the X1X, and the impact of reduced pricing on the X1S.

Is this legit? Otherwise I am calling bulls*** on these numbers.

Switch is EXACTLY doubled by PS4 and PS4 is exactly 110% of Xbox One's sales. Making the estimations exactly right in the previous statement. Seems wayyy too exact to me.
LoL ID = imajericho
XBL GT = Corrik
(message deleted)

User Info: SubSeenix

SubSeenix
4 months ago#23
Corrik posted...
Technarchy posted...
NPD DATA:
November 2017 NPD: October 29th to November 25th (4 weeks)

Hardware:
PS4 - 1.54m (up 40% YoY)
XBO - 1.4m (up 40% YoY)
NSW - 770k (PS4:NSW at 2:1)

That's a strong showing for Xbox One. It hasn't come anywhere near PS4 sales numbers all year, so to get within striking distance at all suggests good demand for the X1X, and the impact of reduced pricing on the X1S.

Is this legit? Otherwise I am calling bulls*** on these numbers.

Switch is EXACTLY doubled by PS4 and PS4 is exactly 110% of Xbox One's sales. Making the estimations exactly right in the previous statement. Seems wayyy too exact to me.

Nah the numbers are wrong

https://www.resetera.com/posts/1904525/

Mat is working for NPD
Ranking is correct Numbers aren't

PS4 >>>>>>>>> X1

User Info: pobbes

pobbes
4 months ago#24
Wow I guess the PS4 really does have a stranglehold on the console market.

I actually thought Xbox would win November. They usually do since they reserve their big hitters during the holidays. Wasn't enough I guess?

User Info: Mario786

Mario786
4 months ago#25
pobbes posted...

I actually thought Xbox would win November. They usually do since they reserve their big hitters during the holidays. Wasn't enough I guess?

They didn't have any big hitters this year though. Forza goes unnoticed nowadays and barring that they just had an indie and port of a VR game. This year they thought the launch of a new console would be enough to drive up sales but let's face it consoles are just paperweight without games.

User Info: pobbes

pobbes
4 months ago#26
Mario786 posted...
pobbes posted...

They didn't have any big hitters this year though. Forza goes unnoticed nowadays and barring that they just had an indie and port of a VR game. This year they thought the launch of a new console would be enough to drive up sales but let's face it consoles are just paperweight without games.

I actually went and checked. Forza released September, so it probably wasn't a factor for November sales. Weird that the XOX wasn't able to help MS take a month off of Sony. Did Sony do a price cut during the month while MS didn't?

Mario786
4 months ago#27
pobbes posted...
Mario786 posted...
pobbes posted...

I actually went and checked. Forza released September, so it probably wasn't a factor for November sales. Weird that the XOX wasn't able to help MS take a month off of Sony. Did Sony do a price cut during the month while MS didn't?

Forza released in October, it's just not a heavy hitter, it's less significant than those loli rags PS4 gets on a monthly basis. I don't think they usually go into November with their games anyway, both Halo 5 and gears 4 also released in October as well.

User Info: revolution3603

revolution3603
4 months ago#28
warz0r09 posted...
If you got by Money wise, MS won in a landside considering $500 is better than $200 lol.

MS is selling the X at a significant loss I read an article where a tech group tried to create the pc equivalent of the X and it still came out $212 more than the X and that didnt even include a UHD drive
Fly Eagles Fly on the road to victory E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!

User Info: TheGrowlanser

TheGrowlanser
4 months ago#29
AttackOnTitan posted...
Too bad TC isn't getting any of this money that MS, Sony, and Nintendo are making. Sucks to be a corporate slave.

Lmao!
Angels in leather, all come together. Somebody's calling my name. I'll be your savior in the rain.

Mario786
4 months ago#30
AttackOnTitan posted...
Too bad TC isn't getting any of this money that MS, Sony, and Nintendo are making. Sucks to be a corporate slave.

warz0r09 posted...
If you got by Money wise, MS won in a landside considering $500 is better than $200 lol.

See it's MS fanboys who care about how much money their corporate overlords are making.
I do however care about how many units a console sells as it has a direct correlation to how much support it'll get from developers, and that's the whole reason for buying a console: playing games.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. November 2017 NPD: XB1X helps XB1 sell 200k more than last year!!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived