IGN Game of the Year 2017 nominees. Good list finally.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. IGN Game of the Year 2017 nominees. Good list finally.

User Info: TonyMontana916

TonyMontana916
4 months ago#11
Much better list than the game awards crap. A shame ACO isn’t on any of these lists. It’s the best AC game in a long time and in my opinion kills Zelda for open world content easily. The story is better too. I hope PUBG wins just to see the salt Lol
My Big Boss Emblem, Achieved 6/21/2008 http://img113.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dscn0500wx6.jpg

User Info: kingpin66636

kingpin66636
4 months ago#12
I'm sorry, how in blue hell does destiny2 make the list?
I am not but my shadow, though my shadow be not shadow, but myself. The fool
$500 - $400 = $200 - Quincy*

User Info: hockeypeter23

hockeypeter23
4 months ago#13
PS4: Horizon: Zero dawn
Xbox one: CupHead
Switch: TLOZ: breath of the wild
Hockey = Is life.
Lets go Blue Jays!

User Info: hockeypeter23

hockeypeter23
4 months ago#14
kingpin66636 posted...

Lmao. I was thinking the same thing! I guess it was either destiny 2 or COD: wwII for them.
Hockey = Is life.
Lets go Blue Jays!

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
4 months ago#15
I'd remove Destiny 2 and PUBG to replace them for Shadow of War and Assassin's Creed Origins.

User Info: kayoticdreamz

kayoticdreamz
4 months ago#16
kingpin66636 posted...

User Info: Gunvalkyrie2

Gunvalkyrie2
4 months ago#17
I listen to every IGN podcast they have no interest in anything but Nintendo. Nintendo will win just about every category for every game.
#BanBlobboyendings
(message deleted)

User Info: Onipaladin

Onipaladin
4 months ago#19
ritsuka66 posted...
http://ca.ign.com/wikis/best-of-2017-awards/Game_of_the_Year

Cuphead
Destiny 2
Divinity: Original Sin II
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Nier: Automata
Persona 5
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds we letting early access games as GOTY's now?
Super Mario Odyssey
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Destiny II doesn't belong on there at all. I poured so many hours into it and only did it because it helped me bond with my brother. Once he realized it was going nowhere we both stopped.

Persona 5 is excellent I just don't count it because it technically came out in 2016 just not outside Japan.

PlayerUnknown is a early access game isn't it technically not out yet?

That being said for me it's Horizon or Nier. I have this weird problem where when I play a game that I really loved I can't play anything else for a long time. I compare my enjoyment to the game and usually don't play anything. After I played these 2 games I couldn't get into anything.

Furthest was Mario so that would be my third choice then Nier which I also dabbled with. I want to play the other big games though especially AC:Origins/

TLDR: Nier or Horizon for me. Mario a distant third
Friend Codes ; 1891 1168 2591 - Manny
0576 441 7875 - Vinnie

User Info: G_U_G

G_U_G
4 months ago#20
Jamin posted...
Ghost Recon: Wildlands is my GOTY.

I played the crap out of that. If it was not so buggy and not polished I would definitely give it my GOTY. But I cannot do that with all the things I saw in it. Even now and I still play it.

I am not big on picking one if I find more than one GOTY for me. With BOTW, Horizon, and Odyssey being huge. BOTW is very well made and stuff. The only issue is that the shrines are simple and the 4 main dungeons are not hard at all. Just simple puzzles. These divine beasts could have been harder. And then you have the weapons breaking so easily in combat. But those are not poorly done. Just not design decisions that I think add to the game. Taken as it is I would say that this is my GOTY just because it is so well made and stuff.

Overall I would give the 3 games I mentions the honor. I would give mention to Cuphead for some reasons though.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. IGN Game of the Year 2017 nominees. Good list finally.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived