DF - How Does Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility on Xbox One Actually Work?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. DF - How Does Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility on Xbox One Actually Work?

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
2 months ago#1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd8nYLO43zs

Perhaps Sony can just copy the superior method now?
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Pizzatarian

Pizzatarian
2 months ago#2
https://media.giphy.com/media/zXA5VEmXr7OUg/giphy.gif

All jokes aside, I find it interesting how the Xbox One was basically built with backwards compatibility in mind, yet Don Mattrick didn't seem to care for it.

Also, good to see the BC team adapt their testing methods because of the Digital Foundry's findings.

Finally, that Eric guy must have received some kind of promotion for coming up with that method.
"When you work with your hands you'll never be rich but you'll never go hungry." SR3

User Info: mike468

mike468
2 months ago#3
Would really be nice if Sony offered BC on the ps4. I have a number of games I can no longer play because my ps3 fat died.

I know it will never happen though. Sony is too busy conning their customers into double dipping on games they already own.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way

User Info: helIy

helIy
2 months ago#4
Pizzatarian posted...
yet Don Mattrick didn't seem to care for it.

the f***ed up thing is, if Don Mattrick was still calling the shots, Xbox wouldn't be a thing anymore. for some insane reason, he was hugely anti-consumer.
"Dogs smell like they've had too much fun and need a bath
Cats smell like espionage
" - Mead

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
2 months ago#5
@helIy

It seems to me with hind-sight he wanted the Xbox brand to be one massive Microtransaction.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: ChiefStabaHoe

ChiefStabaHoe
2 months ago#6
Well he use to work at EA so lol
In this world, the strong devour the weak. Who are the strong? I am...i am the f****** strong- Ken Kaneki

User Info: BigOW

BigOW
2 months ago#7
Well if Sony had a problem with copying Ms they would have killed their brand with the ps3

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
2 months ago#8
I’m looking forward to checking this video out later. It’s fantastic what Microsoft has done with their BC. They are now the only ones to offer the feature on the current systems as well.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
2 months ago#9
The ironic part is that the PS4 is the first Sony console NOT allowing any form of backward compatibility whatsoever. The PS2 allowed you to play your entire PS1 library and even allowed you to use your old memory card to carry on with your saved data. The PS3 allowed you to play both PS1 AND PS2 with the option to make some of the old games a little more smooth on the eye and even shorter load times. Granted, that was on the older models but still...

Backward compatibility should be mandatory for all consoles released in the future. There's this low standard among console gamers that are perfectly fine with paying for online multiplayer, be dismissive of backward compatibility and purchasing overpriced remasters.

User Info: helIy

helIy
2 months ago#10
ps1 emulation is on all ps3 models.

technically so is ps2 emulation, but since it's software emulation Sony would have to do what Microsoft is doing and leave it to the developers, so they just didn't do it period
"Dogs smell like they've had too much fun and need a bath
Cats smell like espionage
" - Mead
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. DF - How Does Xbox 360 Backwards Compatibility on Xbox One Actually Work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived