Xbox One X VS PS4 Pro: Comparing Console Specs, Games, And More

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One X VS PS4 Pro: Comparing Console Specs, Games, And More

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
5 months ago#1
Sorry...it's seven clicks to read the whole thing...I'll give the first and last because I know how busy some of you are...(see the italicized part...very similar...same boat similar...)

Head-To-Head: Xbox One X VS PS4 Pro

The Xbox One X and the PlayStation 4 Pro share a lot of similarities. Both are mid-generational upgrades that are capable of making games look and perform better than their respective predecessors. Both are also newer flagship consoles that are geared (and priced) towards enthusiasts with 4K TVs. But which one should you get? In this head-to-head article, we’ll break down winners across five categories: specs, design, game library, operating system, and value/features.

Conclusion

Coming into the conclusion, we have two wins for the Xbox One X and two wins for the PlayStation 4 Pro. As we’ve highlighted in this story, both consoles have their strengths and weaknesses.

Perhaps the biggest advantage that the PS4 Pro offers is its bigger, arguably more compelling game library. At the same time, however, the Xbox One X has its own exclusives, will likely play third-party games better, and comes with a 4K HDR Blu-ray player.

It’s a good idea to base your choice on what exclusives you prefer and what system your friends game on. Do you prefer franchises like Halo and Gears of War? Or are you more of an Uncharted and The Last of Us fan? The good news is that both high-end consoles are great and you can’t go wrong choosing either one.

https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/xbox-one-x-vs-ps4-pro-comparing-console-specs-game/2900-1607/7/ e:ra
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: Satchmo25

Satchmo25
5 months ago#2
As game consoles, one is much stronger than the other and therefore runs all games smoother with better resolution.

So far that console is the Xbox One X by a mile, it really isn't even close. With the gap betwee the Pro and a PS4 Slim being so narrow performancewise it makes no sense to buy a Pro, just save the money for games and buy the Slim.
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
http://i.imgur.com/AUYtAmy.png

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
5 months ago#3
To tell you the truth, I haven't touch my PS4 since the last notable console exclusive (Hellblade) this summer. Not only are the console multiplats now dominated by Xbox, the exclusives released in the past few months have just been better.

Cuphead>Hellblade
Forza 7>GT Sport

Then there's PUBG landing first on this console. There's this myth that the ps4 is being bombarded by exclusives when in fact, the console has been in a drought for several months. Let's also not forget that the most remarkable titles released this year... also got released on PC: Nier Automata, Nioh and Hellblade. The fanboys keep hyping it up as if this were the PS2 era all over again when it's not even close.

User Info: zender1999

zender1999
5 months ago#4
all third party games are best on xbox x and for the next few years thats how it will be, good luck to sony coming out with a $ 399 ps5 next gen console offering a big power gap on the xbox x, ms spoiled their plans

User Info: AndyJoe89

AndyJoe89
5 months ago#5
Satchmo25 posted...
As game consoles, one is much stronger than the other and therefore runs all games smoother with better resolution.

So far that console is the Xbox One X by a mile, it really isn't even close. With the gap betwee the Pro and a PS4 Slim being so narrow performancewise it makes no sense to buy a Pro, just save the money for games and buy the Slim.

And now we wait for one of Quincy's canned, half-assed "responses".
GameFAQs: The gaming community that hates gaming.

User Info: bojangles22

bojangles22
5 months ago#6
Google boy tried so hard. My sig says it all though, he can never outrun his sad past. Xbox won, X'd qquimpschyie out cold.
"All one of them has to do is outperform the other on a multiplat.
No moved goalposts for me--whichever one outperforms the other wins." Quincy2000a

User Info: ScottJ

ScottJ
5 months ago#7
quincy2000a posted...
Sorry...it's seven clicks to read the whole thing...I'll give the first and last because I know how busy some of you are...(see the italicized part...very similar...same boat similar...)

Head-To-Head: Xbox One X VS PS4 Pro

The Xbox One X and the PlayStation 4 Pro share a lot of similarities. Both are mid-generational upgrades that are capable of making games look and perform better than their respective predecessors. Both are also newer flagship consoles that are geared (and priced) towards enthusiasts with 4K TVs. But which one should you get? In this head-to-head article, we?ll break down winners across five categories: specs, design, game library, operating system, and value/features.

Conclusion

Coming into the conclusion, we have two wins for the Xbox One X and two wins for the PlayStation 4 Pro. As we?ve highlighted in this story, both consoles have their strengths and weaknesses.

Perhaps the biggest advantage that the PS4 Pro offers is its bigger, arguably more compelling game library. At the same time, however, the Xbox One X has its own exclusives, will likely play third-party games better, and comes with a 4K HDR Blu-ray player.

It?s a good idea to base your choice on what exclusives you prefer and what system your friends game on. Do you prefer franchises like Halo and Gears of War? Or are you more of an Uncharted and The Last of Us fan? The good news is that both high-end consoles are great and you can?t go wrong choosing either one.

https://www.gamespot.com/gallery/xbox-one-x-vs-ps4-pro-comparing-console-specs-game/2900-1607/7/ e:ra

It's very telling about you as a person, that literally the only times that you make posts is when you have some childish agenda against a video game console.

Why would you want to be that guy? C'mon, man.
Xbox Live: Gotham0114 / PSN: Jaques9843 / Nintendo FC: SW - 8425 - 1928 - 6297

User Info: WallyWeasel

WallyWeasel
5 months ago#8
Man QQ, such a sad pathetic life you lead.

Don't forget to switch to your alt before answering ourself this time.

https://m.imgur.com/mI31wvm

User Info: SOLlD_SnAkE

SOLlD_SnAkE
5 months ago#9
Great Machine!!! All mighty and powerful and will sell less than Ps4 and Switch!!
You pause for just one second in front of your enemy and it's all over! Good luck doesn't last forever!!! - (PSN ID: BaNd0LeR0_FL0W)

User Info: MrBonestripper

MrBonestripper
5 months ago#10
WallyWeasel posted...
Man QQ, such a sad pathetic life you lead.

Don't forget to switch to your alt before answering ourself this time.

https://m.imgur.com/mI31wvm

And he never has an original thought of his own. It's all cut and paste articles and links he posts. Never his own words on the subject of whatever. I'm convinced he has no idea what any of it means. He just takes what other "journalists" have written and then continually uses them as if he wrote the damn article himself or even has any idea what it means. His lack of basic math skills tells you he isn't intelligent enough to comprehend any of what he posts. Gets called out on it all the time as well.
"Alfred, this coffee is cold." "Just like your parents."
"What?" "Oh, nothing, Master Bruce."
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox One X VS PS4 Pro: Comparing Console Specs, Games, And More

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived