A lot of us could be losing multiplayer soon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. A lot of us could be losing multiplayer soon

User Info: Marshall_Law

Marshall_Law
4 months ago#21
Yup and we're too busy fight in over flags and statues to notice.
" people of the nation do not understand our banking system, if they did there would be a revolution before morning." - Henry Ford

User Info: Samurai_Man

Samurai_Man
4 months ago#22
Marshall_Law posted...
Yup and we're too busy fight in over flags and statues to notice.

Hmm, how convenient the media hasn't said anything for months about net neutrality yet all this supposed "racism and divide" keeps getting pushed just to keep the sheeple at bay from the real probems..
It's your friendly neighborhood Samurai Man.

User Info: Oliver_Oliver

Oliver_Oliver
4 months ago#23
genesis145 posted...
what is this about?

@genesis145

Watch these three videos. VERY important you know what's FULLY going on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwjCbK2X07k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd5-2I6ORqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOqiJF4r6_4
Confidence? It's nothing but an illusion.

User Info: beerhammer1

beerhammer1
4 months ago#24
grampamurked posted...
genesis145 posted...
what is this about?

Tinfoil

I'd suggest you educate yourself on the whole "net neutrality" thing before chalking it up as another "tinfoil hat folks" type thing. We lose Net Neutrality and the mega corporations that we're forced to use as internet providers are going to happily be messing with everyones internet. They will have the ability to throttle speeds and charge people even more money for "fast lane" type services. More or less the end of the internet as we know it- expect to be paying a lot more for what your enjoying now.

User Info: ShELbY_GT500

ShELbY_GT500
4 months ago#25
There’s always a way to solve the issue however it would mean co-operation with just about every single person who pays for internet.

Solution 1 is to mass cancel your internet to protest any negative changes that may happen

Or

Everyone would pick only 1 ISP provider which would force the rest to offer internet as it stands to get their customers back.

But again it’d only work if people worked together which never happens and why the people will always lose.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man- The Dude

User Info: Appa121582

Appa121582
4 months ago#26
One thing that really surprises me is that a lot of very big, very rich companies are pretty much internet only game makers now, but also this will hurt dl'ing games. So the WHOLE game dev community should be mad as hell and scared like we are, but I haven't heard anything from them. I could see M$ and sony finding a way to benefit from it, but it's strange that the devs are so quiet.
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior and are 100% proud of it, put this in your signature.

User Info: ab2c4

ab2c4
4 months ago#27
I'm afraid to see how much my internet bill might be in about 2-3 years if I want the same internet access and speed that I have now. I think the ISP's will start making changes slowly (charging more) but after a few years it might be very expensive.

A worst case scenario might be:

Want no monthly data caps? That will be extra.
Want the right to game online? That will be extra.
Want to use a streaming service like Netflix? That will be extra.
Want to be able to visit any website you want? That will be extra.
Want to use YouTube? That will be extra.

Who knows how it will end up, but I don't have faith in ISP's to not try to get every penny out of us possible.

User Info: Trugamer

Trugamer
4 months ago#28
Appa121582 posted...
This whole net neutrality thing is going to be voted on again on the 14th. It has me scared &*()-less. I can barely afford my bills now, so if I have to pay more, then mutiplayer is out for me. It should scare you too.

Scare tactics , get informed

User Info: grampamurked

grampamurked
4 months ago#29
beerhammer1 posted...
grampamurked posted...
genesis145 posted...
what is this about?

Tinfoil

I'd suggest you educate yourself on the whole "net neutrality" thing before chalking it up as another "tinfoil hat folks" type thing. We lose Net Neutrality and the mega corporations that we're forced to use as internet providers are going to happily be messing with everyones internet. They will have the ability to throttle speeds and charge people even more money for "fast lane" type services. More or less the end of the internet as we know it- expect to be paying a lot more for what your enjoying now.

Technology moves forward and as it does prices go down. Always has always will. Obama got everyone in a panic with this net bulls*** and now his government power grab is being undone.

Don't care. And before you call me blind take a look in the mirror and look how easily the media has duped you all into believing this bulls*** and is leading you around like a dog on a leash.
Steam ID: H8Laggers PSN ID: GRAMPAMURKEDU GT: H8laggers
Currently playing: The keyboard on my smartphone.

User Info: Mario786

Mario786
4 months ago#30
Put it like that and it almost makes me wish this thing actually goes through...
If publishers know a lot of gamers can’t play online they can go back to making single player games.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. A lot of us could be losing multiplayer soon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived