The Xbox One X makes the PlayStation 4 Pro feel like a half-measure

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Xbox One X makes the PlayStation 4 Pro feel like a half-measure

User Info: BigOW

BigOW
5 months ago#41
This gen is ending the same way the iPhone 7 ended when the 8 dropped

User Info: SonyPonyTony

SonyPonyTony
5 months ago#42
I thought the PS4 Slim makes the Pro model seem like a half-measure.

The X just makes the Pro look like a complete waste of $400
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil

User Info: urmie

urmie
5 months ago#43
archibald3 posted...
GTAcrazy posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Squeeky posted...
Shows what an additional year of development and technology will do. If Sony was to release an updated version of the pro this time next year we would be having this conversation on the PlayStation board.

The Xbox One X has had a year LESS development time.

I'm gonna quote this because @quincy2000a keeps posting this ridiculous lie saying that the X had more development time when it was actually the other way around.
Take note.

It is a complete lie spread by Quincy. Here's a quote from an article [over a year old] where Sony claims to have started development before any other company in early 2014:

The Verge: "Now obviously you’re not the only company doing this kind of mid-cycle upgrade. I’m curious if the existence of devices like Microsoft’s Project Scorpio influenced the decisions you made with regards to the features PS4 Pro needs to have, and when you’re going to release it."

Sony: "I think the fact that we’re going to put this on the market on November 10th, and we’ve been working on it for two, two and a half years, if other people are also innovating in the life cycle, I think that began after we started. So no is the answer to that question."

Nice to see that Sony started on this shortly after releasing the PS4, way to screw the fans over. Although, let's be honest here, Cerny rushed this console and it shows. It would be better marketed as a 1080P/1440P console, instead of "dynamic 4k". It can only do "4K" on indie games, whereas the X can do it on AAA games. Cerny can't even get his own game, Knack 2, to run at 4K.
Facts don't care about your feelings.

User Info: SonyPonyTony

SonyPonyTony
5 months ago#44
Pro can't even run knack 2 at 4K native?

DAYUM!
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil

User Info: EightySix22

EightySix22
5 months ago#45
The Pro was designed with VR in mind. Just like the original Xbone, Sony held back on raw power with the hope people will jump on the VR fad the same way Microsoft underpowered its console to forcefully push us into the Kinect. The irony is so delicious, no wonder the resident fanboys stopped posting anything related to Digital Foundry.

User Info: ColorBlindGamer

ColorBlindGamer
5 months ago#46
urmie posted...
archibald3 posted...
GTAcrazy posted...
The_Hedon posted...
Squeeky posted...
Shows what an additional year of development and technology will do. If Sony was to release an updated version of the pro this time next year we would be having this conversation on the PlayStation board.

The Xbox One X has had a year LESS development time.

I'm gonna quote this because @quincy2000a keeps posting this ridiculous lie saying that the X had more development time when it was actually the other way around.
Take note.

It is a complete lie spread by Quincy. Here's a quote from an article [over a year old] where Sony claims to have started development before any other company in early 2014:

The Verge: "Now obviously you’re not the only company doing this kind of mid-cycle upgrade. I’m curious if the existence of devices like Microsoft’s Project Scorpio influenced the decisions you made with regards to the features PS4 Pro needs to have, and when you’re going to release it."

Sony: "I think the fact that we’re going to put this on the market on November 10th, and we’ve been working on it for two, two and a half years, if other people are also innovating in the life cycle, I think that began after we started. So no is the answer to that question."

Nice to see that Sony started on this shortly after releasing the PS4, way to screw the fans over. Although, let's be honest here, Cerny rushed this console and it shows. It would be better marketed as a 1080P/1440P console, instead of "dynamic 4k". It can only do "4K" on indie games, whereas the X can do it on AAA games. Cerny can't even get his own game, Knack 2, to run at 4K.

Or Horizon Zero Dawn in native 4K and it's exclusive lmao

SonyPonyTony posted...
Pro can't even run knack 2 at 4K native?

DAYUM!

I laughed
Nothing comes out as you plan it out to be.

User Info: Mario786

Mario786
5 months ago#47
Xb1X is also a half measure though. It runs what like 1% of the games in Native 4K while everything else is dynamic resolution or checkerboarded?

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
5 months ago#48
@Mario786

You dont even own an Xbox One let alone an X1X so you have no room to talk.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Afro_Puff_

Afro_Puff_
5 months ago#49
Mario786 posted...
Xb1X is also a half measure though. It runs what like 1% of the games in Native 4K while everything else is dynamic resolution or checkerboarded?

When a game runs with Dynamic Resolution its running at a native resolution. Which for the most part is a Native 4K until it drops to maintain a stable fps.. also, which games are checkerboarded on the Xbox One X? I haven't seen any.
Fact: Anyone worse then you is a noob, anyone better has no life.

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
5 months ago#50
The list of native 4K games on the X1 is pretty extensive now, and it's only been a few weeks. DAYUM.
Sony: "Killzone runs at native 1080p and 60 fps"
DF: "KZ uses a processing method that blends 960 x 1080 images together."
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. The Xbox One X makes the PlayStation 4 Pro feel like a half-measure

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived