Acer et322qk 4k hdr monitor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Acer et322qk 4k hdr monitor

User Info: Star_Nuts

Star_Nuts
6 months ago#51
One thing that’s frustrating me with this monitor is I can’t get it to save a calibration mode for each input. If I set my 1X to HDR mode, it changes to a different mode when using my computer via displayport because HDR is grayed out. Then when going back to my my 1X, I have to manually switch it back to HDR mode.
Not changing this sig until the Chargers win the Super Bowl - 31 Dec 2012
http://therealkenjones.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/chargers-logo.gif

User Info: mike468

mike468
6 months ago#52
Star_Nuts posted...
One thing that’s frustrating me with this monitor is I can’t get it to save a calibration mode for each input. If I set my 1X to HDR mode, it changes to a different mode when using my computer via displayport because HDR is grayed out. Then when going back to my my 1X, I have to manually switch it back to HDR mode.

I just wish it would save separate configuration for each input. I have my one x on input one, and my tv and PS4 setup on input 2 via an HDMI switch. I would like to leave HDMI 1 and HDR and input 2 as standard, but can't.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way

Star_Nuts
6 months ago#53
I also bumped ALL the saturation levels to 70 and I’m much more satisfied with theses colors. No longer completely washed out.

Star_Nuts
6 months ago#54
I’m so frustrated with this monitor. I’ll save my calibration and if I switch to a different mode, all my saturation levels reset when I switch back.

User Info: drjayjr00

drjayjr00
6 months ago#55
Mine showed up at the house today too. I'm at work for another 6.5 hours so I will post up my findings after I get home and get everything set up and start playing around with it.
GT: Thang Hung
Delivering the inevitable, one ENERGY/SHARD at a time.

User Info: drjayjr00

drjayjr00
6 months ago#56
So here is my mini review.

Initial impressions:

Packaged very well. Outside of the box looked a little rough so I am thankful for how well it was protected on the inside of the box.

Stand is very big. Like I had to go buy a new desk last night big. I was using a small desk/writing table but went out and bought a new desk.

Power cord is pretty short so that plus the new desk caused me to have to do some rearranging.

No dead pixels that I could see.

Onto the fun stuff:

I recently just got the XB1X. So I had it preloaded up with some 4K games.

Rise of the Tomb Raider:
Game looks amazing. I went into the in game options and set it up to run 4K native. There are also options for a faster frame rate and something else I can't remember but, I chose the 4K native and ran around for 20-30 minutes in the Geothermal Valley. Game looks amazing in 4K! Laura definitely has more detail to her. The environment is simply amazing to look at. These were my first few minutes of 4K/HDR and I was very impressed.

The Division:
Just ran around the outside of the Post Office and killed a few guys. Game looks really good. A lot more detail to your character, your guns and the environment itself. Again I was very impressed.

Warframe:
Played a few missions. I'm still pretty new to the game, I just made it to Venus. While the graphics of this game are not super impressive, the 4K update is very noticeable and again impressive.

Destiny 2:
Just played a few public events. Noticed a bit of difference when I upgraded to the One X but noticed very little with the new display. Very much looking forward to this games 4K update in a little more than a week.

For the sake of time I'm going to lump some more I tried together. Final Fantasy 15 and Ghost Recon Wildlands were a couple others I tried and with their 4K updates they are both amazing looking games.

Other stuff:

Colors were a bit washed out looking at first. I played around in the settings a bit (contrast, brightness, black levels, sharpness). The sweet spot seemed to be for me to just leave it in HDR auto mode. When you have it in HDR mode you can't change much from there. So really changing the brightness is all you can do. I'm happy with the way it looks with the settings this way. Brightness is set to 46 if anyone is looking for a reference.

Things I would like to try but didn't have time:

I have no way of testing input lag. My test is going to be a few Crucible matches in Destiny 2. I'm not the best player in the world but, I have played my share of D2 PvP so I think I will know if there is a big difference in lag/latency. Also I bought AC Origins and have yet to start it. So looking very forward to that.

Overall:
I'm sure you could nit pick this thing to death if you wanted. I'm sure high dollar IPS and O/QLED blow this thing out of the water. For triple or more of the price. Bang for your buck wise I don't have any regrets about buying this display and would by again. Yes I am 100% sure there is better stuff out there but, for sub $300 I am genuinely impressed.
GT: Thang Hung
Delivering the inevitable, one ENERGY/SHARD at a time.

User Info: mike468

mike468
6 months ago#57
drjayjr00 posted...

Overall:
I'm sure you could nit pick this thing to death if you wanted. I'm sure high dollar IPS and O/QLED blow this thing out of the water. For triple or more of the price. Bang for your buck wise I don't have any regrets about buying this display and would by again. Yes I am 100% sure there is better stuff out there but, for sub $300 I am genuinely impressed.

Pretty much how I feel about it too.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way

User Info: grimlock50

grimlock50
6 months ago#58
Which would give a better picture va panel or ips panel

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
6 months ago#59
Anybody figure out how in the absolute f*** for the mode to stay in VR mode? Every time I switch inputs it disables HDR.

Really not loving this monitor
And I want the brightest, I want fluorescence every day and night for the rest of my life - RIP Chuck Mosley

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
6 months ago#60
drjayjr00 posted...
high dollar IPS and O/QLED blow this thing out of the water.

I think I"m ready for that. I'll pay the $80 to return this thing, or whatever its gonna cost. I just want a good ~32 inch monitor. a 32 inch TV would be ok too if the input lag is low.
And I want the brightest, I want fluorescence every day and night for the rest of my life - RIP Chuck Mosley
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Acer et322qk 4k hdr monitor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived