• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Acer et322qk 4k hdr monitor

User Info: CapwnD

CapwnD
1 year ago#11
HDR isn't going to look as nice with a monitor. But the monitor has FreeSync.

FML.

So I think I would rather have a 32 inch TV, but it doesn't look like there's any good 4K 32 inch TVs. So now I'm looking at using a 40inch TV as a monitor for gaming at my desk.
And I want the brightest, I want fluorescence every day and night for the rest of my life - RIP Chuck Mosley

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
1 year ago#12
40 inches might be to big for a desk meaning viewing angles will come into play even if your sitting dead center b/c the overall size of the screen is so big.
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

CapwnD
1 year ago#13
MASKOAAA posted...
40 inches might be to big for a desk meaning viewing angles will come into play even if your sitting dead center b/c the overall size of the screen is so big.

Yes, I remember using a 32 inch TV as a monitor, it was too big. Though part of the problem with that is that a 32 inch 1080P TV is not great as a PC monitor up close. But for gaming, it always felt a little too big. And 28 inch feels like it could be a tad bigger. I'm thinking about 30 inch monitor would be my ideal size.
And I want the brightest, I want fluorescence every day and night for the rest of my life - RIP Chuck Mosley

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
1 year ago#14
Unless your desk is right up against a wall and it has no top part you could mount it to the wall so its alittle farther back I always found it easier on my eyes gaming on console with a TV simply b/c the light source is farther away.
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

CapwnD
1 year ago#15
MASKOAAA posted...
Unless your desk is right up against a wall and it has no top part you could mount it to the wall so its alittle farther back I always found it easier on my eyes gaming on console with a TV simply b/c the light source is farther away.

http://i.imgur.com/oOv7wQn.jpg
It's a wall right behind me, so I can't move back. It would have to be on my desk, which I guess I could move out further.

User Info: mike468

mike468
1 year ago#16
I just pulled the trigger and bought this. With promo and sale it only cost $288.

Even if the HDR isn't that great because it's a monitor and lacks local dimming, that's still a pretty incredible price for a 32" 4k monitor/tv with her. Especially when I'm upgrading from a 10 year old 720p tv. I'll post my impression when I get it.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
1 year ago#17
mike468 posted...
I just pulled the trigger and bought this. With promo and sale it only cost $288.

Even if the HDR isn't that great because it's a monitor and lacks local dimming, that's still a pretty incredible price for a 32" 4k monitor/tv with her. Especially when I'm upgrading from a 10 year old 720p tv. I'll post my impression when I get it.

Mother of God. $288? That's so tempting! Which promo? It shows up as $319 for me.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: mike468

mike468
1 year ago#18
Beasthunt posted...
mike468 posted...

Mother of God. $288? That's so tempting! Which promo? It shows up as $319 for me.

I added it to my cart and it automatically added a -$32 promo, with free shipping
So it came out to $287 and change.

(Edit) here is the link:

https://m.newegg.com/products/N82E16824011158

Promo code is mntr1121 for an extra 10% off.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way

User Info: drjayjr00

drjayjr00
1 year ago#19
Holy cow! I jumped all over this as soon as I seen this topic. Ordered from New Egg and as mike468 said once you put it in the cart a promo for $32 is automatically applied. $288 is a steal imo. I'll post a mini review once I have it all set up. I'm super excited!
GT: Thang Hung
Delivering the inevitable, one ENERGY/SHARD at a time.

User Info: Star_Nuts

Star_Nuts
1 year ago#20
Wow! Thanks so much for posting this! I've been looking for a 4K monitor and this is great that it has HDR, even if it isn't true HDR (not sure if it is or isn't).
Not changing this sig until the Chargers win the Super Bowl - 31 Dec 2012
http://therealkenjones.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/chargers-logo.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Acer et322qk 4k hdr monitor
  • Topic Archived