Marvel Heroes Players Are Demanding Refunds Since It's Shutting Down

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Marvel Heroes Players Are Demanding Refunds Since It's Shutting Down

User Info: zombody

zombody
3 months ago#21
Gotta hand it to Microsoft in this case. I guarantee there's a line in the TOS that says they can stop and take the game away whenever they chose without warning.

One of the risks of online only games.
This George Carlin quote sums up Meta Critic..."Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"

User Info: Super_Game_guru

Super_Game_guru
3 months ago#22
Well damn, I remember playing it when it came out, fun but not very memorable.

It may have been better if the grind wasn't so awful, even after all the grinding I did before I gave up I was less than halfway to owning Ghost Rider
PSN: Voknelim Gamertag: King Milenkov
Have me tagged as something? Let me know what it is! (Doesn't matter if good or bad, just curious)

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
3 months ago#23
jasonkingmark posted...
Gonna have to give those refunds. .

Lol. No.
I wonder if 'Deus Vult' would still be such a popular phrase in nerdom if they knew there was no 'v' sound in Latin.

User Info: fon1988

fon1988
3 months ago#24
I'm glad I never put any money into the game. I played it quite a bit with a couple of characters and WAS going to purchase some stuff soon though.
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.

User Info: Super_Game_guru

Super_Game_guru
3 months ago#25
Now question: with Disney buying up Fox assets, are they attempting to reclaim all the shuffled around Marvel properties for some project?

My hopes are for UA3
PSN: Voknelim Gamertag: King Milenkov
Have me tagged as something? Let me know what it is! (Doesn't matter if good or bad, just curious)

vigorm0rtis
3 months ago#26
zombody posted...
Gotta hand it to Microsoft in this case. I guarantee there's a line in the TOS that says they can stop and take the game away whenever they chose without warning.

One of the risks of online only games.

Agreed. People need to start reading the ToS, or at least understand what's typically in them.
I wonder if 'Deus Vult' would still be such a popular phrase in nerdom if they knew there was no 'v' sound in Latin.

vigorm0rtis
3 months ago#27
Super_Game_guru posted...
Now question: with Disney buying up Fox assets, are they attempting to reclaim all the shuffled around Marvel properties for some project?

My hopes are for UA3

Are they picking up the rights across the board or just film rights?

User Info: jasonkingmark

jasonkingmark
3 months ago#28
DiztruxionUk posted...
Unless they promised the game would last for years I see no reason why they'd have to give refunds other than a goodwill gesture.

It's a chance you take with free to play mmos. They could fold at any point. Think of it in a pragmatic way, those that have paid at least gave the developers money to put food on their tables after working hard to make a game you downloaded and played for nothing. Those same Devs will probably be out of work now, coming up to Christmas.

Come on dude, thats a ridiculous thing to say. I don't think anybody should a assume a game is going to shut down within 6 months to a year. Especially a marvel/disney produced game.

That's an unreal expectation.

User Info: LordPoncho

LordPoncho
3 months ago#29
The license agreement specifically states that service can be terminated at any given moment.
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800

User Info: xninjagrrl

xninjagrrl
3 months ago#30
The MS rep I spoke with said Disney gave them a list of the items eligible for refunds. Seemed like it included all the character packs and G currency packs. Sounded like everything was able to be refunded from what I could tell. I assume Disney will reimburse MS. I don't see MS doing this out the goodness of their heart because they just don't have to. I agree that Disney is sick of the bad press lately. If people start to boycott SW and Marvel, Disney would have problems. I am glad Disney is stepping up. Sure you always take a risk with these kinds of games but come on, Disney and Gaz had to have known this game was on its way out by the time it hit consoles.
Pros: The pills were there.
Cons: So was the tank.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Marvel Heroes Players Are Demanding Refunds Since It's Shutting Down

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived