PUBG nominated for GOTY is a f***ing joke!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. PUBG nominated for GOTY is a f***ing joke!

User Info: meetmenow

meetmenow
8 months ago#21
eston posted...
One of the biggest games of the year, but sure sure let's make up a new rule as to why it can't be considered for GOTY

It isn't officially out and still in early access for PC. But sure, let's ignore that.

User Info: SigmaLongshot

SigmaLongshot
8 months ago#22
Jiggy101011 posted...
Its the highest selling game of the year, it deserves to be at least nominated.

Absolutely.

I'm starting to think that "gamers" are more obsessed with preserving an arbitrary clique than celebrating the medium.

Games like Minecraft, or Peggle, or even Candy Crush - they might not be what some of you guys with your Razr Pro gaming mouse and giga-rig call 4K 60FPS Ultra Settings GOTY Material(tm), but their overall effect on the gaming landscape is phenomenal and can't be understated.

Just because PUBG is flavour of the month (or... the quarter?) doesn't mean it's discounted. Hell, if you weigh it up against its peers and contemporaries, it may as well have been the only item on the damned menu. You look at Twitch or Mixer and the amount of PUBG channels is overwhelming.

It's kinda like... have you seen those channels on Youtube that're nothing but people opening Kinder Eggs? They seem bizarre at least, and inane at worst. And yet, they're one of the most-subscribed-to subgenres of Youtube videos available. Does the fact that they're weird or not to your liking discount it somehow from being a popular item worthwhile of attention and merit?

If your answer is yes, then I'm certain we're not going to agree on much in this facet of debate.
XB1/XB360/Wii U: TotoMimo PS4: Gooey_Toto/SigmaLongshot
A decade working in AAA game development? Time certainly flies.

User Info: ejay8320

ejay8320
8 months ago#23
ejay8320 posted...
It's fine as long as PUBG can't be nominated later when it is officially released

Sorry just to add, only thing that will be bad is some will allow PUBG as a nominee and others wont.

So you'll have a year with PUBG popping up as a nominee before and after official release...
Consoles: PS2 - PS3 - 360(RIP) - PS4 Handhelds: PSVita
PC: Ryzen 1600, ASUS Prime X370-Pro, ROG STRIX-RX480-8G, 16 Gigs Ram

User Info: The_Hedon

The_Hedon
8 months ago#24
meetmenow posted...
The game is still in early access on PC and doesn't officially release on any platform until December.

Hell, its only now getting early access for Xbox in December

http://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/pubgs-xbox-one-release-date-confirmed-for-december/1100-6454517/

Mad PS fan about an Xbox exclusive
Sony: "Killzone runs at native 1080p and 60 fps"
DF: "KZ uses a processing method that blends 960 x 1080 images together."

User Info: PoisonShroomz

PoisonShroomz
8 months ago#25
Not a big deal in my opinion. You know how many big studio games come out like f***ing s*** and in beta that get nominated?

I think if people wanna nominate a game they feel is fun and innovative even in beta form it's all good.
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.

meetmenow
8 months ago#26
The_Hedon posted...
meetmenow posted...
The game is still in early access on PC and doesn't officially release on any platform until December.

Hell, its only now getting early access for Xbox in December

http://www.gamespot.com/amp-articles/pubgs-xbox-one-release-date-confirmed-for-december/1100-6454517/

Mad PS fan about an Xbox exclusive

Yes, I'm a PS fan. I'm also a Nintendo fan. Oh and also now an Xbox fan again with 1X.

Please, continue to make your point. Do you have a point?

User Info: quickl

quickl
8 months ago#27
Not like it'll actually win over Horizon: Zero Dawn, Zelda: BotW and Mario Odyssey. Those are near-flawless masterpieces.
"Bloodborne - The MUST play new IP of the generation" Phil Spencer
Horizon: Zero Dawn - 2017 Game of the Year

User Info: TheCyborgNinja

TheCyborgNinja
8 months ago#28
RonBurgundy929 posted...
Where's Lawbreakers?

Behind Battleborn and Evolve, which apparently is possible.
"message parlor" ? do you mean the post office ? - SlayerX888

meetmenow
8 months ago#29
quickl posted...
Not like it'll actually win over Horizon: Zero Dawn, Zelda: BotW and Mario Odyssey. Those are near-flawless masterpieces.

Overwatch won game of the year lol. That game is nowhere near flawless or innovative. It won purely on popularity.

User Info: eston

eston
8 months ago#30
meetmenow posted...
eston posted...
One of the biggest games of the year, but sure sure let's make up a new rule as to why it can't be considered for GOTY

It isn't officially out and still in early access for PC. But sure, let's ignore that.

I don't think anyone is ignoring that since it's the whole premise of your topic. I think the point is it doesn't matter. It's literally one of the biggest games of the year that loads and loads of people are playing right now in 2017
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i215/estonc/grizzly_bear_chairs_2.jpg http://i.imgur.com/8kjZU.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. PUBG nominated for GOTY is a f***ing joke!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived