Are you a better gamer now than 5yrs ago?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Are you a better gamer now than 5yrs ago?

User Info: adonfraz

adonfraz
5 months ago#21
I'm smarter but I'm probably worse at competitive FPS games than I used to be.

I'm better at single player games but my reflexes are gone.

I have to rely on anticipating and predicting now.
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst / NNID: Loyal_Catalyst
Nintendo Switch FC: 1019-0711-8232

User Info: InhumaneRaider

InhumaneRaider
5 months ago#22
I used to be ass at fighting games. I hated playing them with my brothers, because they would just whoop my ass. However, after not playing a fighting game since Soul Calibur V, on a whim, I picked up Injustice 2 and actually put forth the effort into actually learning the ins and outs. Like Matchups, frame data, etc. Now I am an absolute beast at that game, even picked up Street Fighter V.

Other than that, I learned a trick to help with my aim, turning vibration off and playing claw for twitch shooters. Also started turning on hard mode for most games and it's thoroughly enjoyable. So yeah. I think I have.
Playing: AC: Origins, SFV, Titanfall 2 and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.
"My legs ain't scrawny, they're proportional."

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
5 months ago#23
It depends on the type of game.
I don't believe in equality. I believe in equity.
Go Leafs Go!!!

User Info: Jiggy101011

Jiggy101011
5 months ago#24
Not at all. It's also because I don't have the patience anymore to play games that kick my ass over and over again
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
Man got me a 9 and she sexy.

User Info: fon1988

fon1988
5 months ago#25
Seeing as how I can't even get past the second world of Cuphead. Nope lol. If anything I am probably worse and will continue to decline from here.
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.

User Info: Arizona_Joe

Arizona_Joe
5 months ago#26
Nope I'm worse. Used to be able to 4 on 1 in Gears 1 and was always near the top in weekly and monthly leaderboards. Gears 4 I'll be lucky if I kill anyone without a power weapon.
http://i.imgur.com/VBDN2Pi.gif
https://wwewritten.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/r80.gif

User Info: geodANGER

geodANGER
5 months ago#27
not at all if anything alot worse. just don't got the time to invest to get good again
GT/Psn: Geodanger25

User Info: ExempliGratia

ExempliGratia
5 months ago#28
Estocassassin posted...
ExempliGratia posted...
I think I'm better. In my prime I should say. I play fighters a lot and I understand nuances I didn't before. I got really bad in Gears of war though. Might be because I lack interest in it atm.

Fighting games are the bane of my existence... never have I wanted to be good at a game and put so much time in to just suck so much ass 😂

I was like that when I was younger. Getting your ass handed to you isn't going to help you. Understanding why you got your ass beat will help you level up a lot.
Xbox Live Gamertag :ExempliGratiaEGPSN/Vita::ExempliGratia
Trolls love me but, can't get rid of me
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Are you a better gamer now than 5yrs ago?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived