Xbox manager "confused" over too few Xbox One exclusives "rumor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox manager "confused" over too few Xbox One exclusives "rumor

User Info: ZEROthefirst

ZEROthefirst
6 months ago#11
Muryo posted...
ZEROthefirst posted...
KiltyMcBagpipes posted...
Muryo posted...
KiltyMcBagpipes posted...
Typo in the first sentence of the article.

Nothing to be confused about. MS hasn't bothered with exclusives and now paying the price. I'm glad we'll get stuff in 2-3 years but that doesn't help the situation now does it.

Ms didn’t anticipate the Switch being a smashing success and thought the status-quo of being second place was enough.

Well, Nintendo will always be in a distant third, but I'm glad they're at least trying now.

Considering how well the Switch is doing and how poorly the Xbox is doing this gen, I wouldn't bet against Nintendo overtaking Microsoft. Unless the One X somehow becomes a smashing success, they're not doing much to get out there anymore.

If I were MS I would provide exclusives for the beefed up system and encouraging costumers to get one, instead they make every title available on pc and discouraging purchases of the X1x: https://www.neowin.net/news/phil-spencer-xbox-one-x-is-not-for-everybody

There won't be any exclusives for the One X to genuinely entice anyone towards it. Every game that comes out on the One X is required to work on original X1 hardware, sure they'll get that nice boost, but exclusives matter and it's showing with sales this generation for them. The 360 did great for three major reasons.
1: Sony f***ED up with the PS3 on launch, especially with the launch price and space.
2: It was easier to develop for. Even if the PS3 was superior hardware, it was a pain to develop for and usually made for worse multi plats.
3: It had exclusives that weren't ported to the competition and PC, making it something to want.

It ended up losing last generation, but it was just barely behind the PS3 for 3rd place. Honestly if it wasn't more for my inner collector, I wouldn't have bought the One. I bought one so I could get the few genuine exclusives for the One, and then some of the Microsoft exclusives physically, other than that I just don't use it. Once I get a 4K TV I might use it more for 4K Blu-rays.
Nintendo Network/PSN ID: ZEROthefirst
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZEROthefirst

User Info: pobbes

pobbes
6 months ago#12
I'm confused that the Xbox manager is confused.

User Info: medmuscle

medmuscle
6 months ago#13
CRIMSON-XIII posted...
do you expect them to agree and label their own brand as lacking something?

even if it was just forza 7 and PUBG, theyd still only list those two and mention how it is good for them.

I remember that MS exec (his name escapes me ATM) in an interview:

"We have the biggest exclusives such as Gears, Halo, and Forza."

It was cringey to watch. Those 3 are doing absolutely nothing to pull anyone else in. They need a more diverse library, and badly, to generate more interest in the Xbox brand right now. Scalebound was a step in the right direction, but they s*** the bed on it and it backfired horribly.
There needs to be anabolic steroid law reform. Bodybuilding is NOT a criminal activity. Also, putting someone on ignore means you are a delicate little flower.

User Info: Pizzatarian

Pizzatarian
6 months ago#14
Did you forget that you already posted about this?

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/75892029

That topic is still open. You could have posted this link in that topic, and bump it like you usually do. Instead you choose to make a new topic.. about the same thing.
"When you work with your hands you'll never be rich but you'll never go hungry." SR3

User Info: J22InSpirit

J22InSpirit
6 months ago#15
medmuscle posted...
No RPGs that I can't play on another console, complete lack of Japanese support, and not much besides shooters and racers (along with a couple of indies) for console/brand exclusives.

Nothing confusing about it. Xbox is a niche product these days, only appealing to a certain demographic instead of to everyone. Xbox has fallen hard since the 360.

I agree with that. I'm ok with being a part of that niche since the Xbox One is my main console. I haven't played my PS4 in months, and I traded in the Switch for a One X PS Edition preorder at Gamestop (Switch didn't appeal to me at all...)
Shemoth 14:14 "Yahuah fights for you, and you keep silent."
Xbox GT: Nearyah07

User Info: trevelynzx

trevelynzx
6 months ago#16
medmuscle posted...

Xbox is a niche product these days, only appealing to a certain demographic instead of to everyone.

complete lack of Japanese support

Is that your definition of how to get out of a “niche” ? By adding a crap load of anime games that appeal to 2% of the US?
(message deleted)

User Info: AndyJoe89

AndyJoe89
6 months ago#18
Pizzatarian posted...
Did you forget that you already posted about this?

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/75892029

That topic is still open. You could have posted this link in that topic, and bump it like you usually do. Instead you choose to make a new topic.. about the same thing.

He's so mentally unstable, he thinks he's a parrot.
GameFAQs: The gaming community that hates gaming.
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Xbox manager "confused" over too few Xbox One exclusives "rumor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived