• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Mike Ybarra doesn't feel they need launch exclusives for Xbox one X.

User Info: Fishels

Fishels
2 years ago#1
“What Phil [Spencer] said is right on this – it’s additive to the family we have. Our volume seller will be Xbox One S – it’s $249, it’ll be the thing most people buy. X is designed for the hardcore gamer who wants to play the best versions of those games. When I look at the Xbox family I don’t feel like we have to come out with six new games just for X, it’ll play everything that’s come out, back compat will work on it, elements like that. I don’t know if we’re still in the world of having to have big, exclusive titles just for one box, versus the promise that games you buy will work and look even better on X. It’s up to the user to choose. And for us it’s more that choice element, rather than holding an exclusive and throwing it out with a console there.“

He's not necessarily wrong. But it still sucks because a lot of people consider this a really bad year for Xbox. And crackdown was supposed to be a game to really show off some power.

I'm sure Forza will look amazing.

Edit: source http://sirusgaming.info/2017/08/mike-ybarra-doesnt-feel-that-they-need-to-have-launch-exclusives-for-xbox-one-x/

User Info: archibald3

archibald3
2 years ago#2
I think Player Unknowns Battleground will be the biggy to play, along with Forza and a pretty good dose of 3rd party games like Shadow of Morder etc.
Arch.

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
2 years ago#3
Exclusivity is an awful business model, but MS can't just ignore it, unfortunately.
I wonder if 'Deus Vult' would still be such a popular phrase in nerdom if they knew there was no 'v' sound in Latin.

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
2 years ago#4
So much "concern" here.
Xbox One & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: Stratoz

Stratoz
2 years ago#5
archibald3 posted...
I think Player Unknowns Battleground will be the biggy to play, along with Forza and a pretty good dose of 3rd party games like Shadow of Morder etc.

PUBG is a great game, but it's more of a "flavor of the year" game, to be blunt. You also can't expect this game to be a permanent "exclusive" since the developers will no doubt port it to the PS4 eventually.

User Info: shoji_jo

shoji_jo
2 years ago#6
Making exclusives for theme Xbox One X would be a foolish move as it would alienate the existing Xbox adopters.
It would be like making games that only work with the S and be seen as a way to force people to purchase the improved console.

If it's a completely different console like an Xbox 2, then sure that's fine,

When it's just an improved version of the existing console, something made out of necessity to allow the brand to compete and fulfil promises of what Xbox One can achieve and to allow developers to be able to program great games to their full potential, then no it's a bad idea.
The X exists because it's easier to make games on the PS4 than Xbox One and developers struggle to achieve parity.

Microsoft have now followed the PS4s original concept and built a console that is easy to build great games for, they should make enhanced games but still also make the best possible versions they can for the Xbox One.

Xbox One games should never be seen as ports of the X versions.

User Info: Fishels

Fishels
2 years ago#7
shoji_jo posted...
Making exclusives for theme Xbox One X would be a foolish move as it would alienate the existing Xbox adopters.
It would be like making games that only work with the S and be seen as a way to force people to purchase the improved console.

When it's just an improved version of the existing console, something made out of necessity to allow the brand to compete and fulfil promises of what Xbox One can achieve and to allow developers to be able to program great games to their full potential, then no it's a bad idea.
The X exists because it's easier to make games on the PS4 than Xbox One and developers struggle to achieve parity.

Microsoft have now followed the PS4s original concept and built a console that is easy to build great games for, they should make enhanced games but still also make the best possible versions they can for the Xbox One.

You missed the point of the article.

We are not talking about games only on the X. We are talking about Microsoft exclusives like Forza and cuphead.

User Info: Laylow12

Laylow12
2 years ago#8
Fishels posted...
shoji_jo posted...

You missed the point of the article.

We are not talking about games only on the X. We are talking about Microsoft exclusives like Forza and cuphead.

I think they're heading for console manufacturer only status. All signs point to a wind down on the software side. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DCHcfMbVwAQ3sjo.jpg

The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
2 years ago#9
Fishels posted...

The article is about XB1X exclusives, or the lack of them.
I wonder if 'Deus Vult' would still be such a popular phrase in nerdom if they knew there was no 'v' sound in Latin.

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
2 years ago#10
Fishels posted...
“What Phil [Spencer] said is right on this – it’s additive to the family we have. Our volume seller will be Xbox One S – it’s $249, it’ll be the thing most people buy.

He's not necessarily wrong.

He isn't wrong at all. It is the better value.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Mike Ybarra doesn't feel they need launch exclusives for Xbox one X.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers