Why doesn't the Xbox get many good exclusives anymore ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why doesn't the Xbox get many good exclusives anymore ?

User Info: quickl

quickl
11 months ago#51
I've never played Knack, so I can't comment on the quality of the game. But it sold more than Sunset Overdrive and ReCore put together.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71544/knack/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85666/recore/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/73069/sunset-overdrive/
"Bloodborne - The MUST play new IP of the generation" Phil Spencer
Horizon: Zero Dawn - 2017 Game of the Year

User Info: Hvv0l24n9

Hvv0l24n9
11 months ago#52
quickl posted...
I've never played Knack, so I can't comment on the quality of the game. But it sold more than Sunset Overdrive and ReCore put together.

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71544/knack/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85666/recore/

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/73069/sunset-overdrive/

You're transparent.
PSN: Iquan_5 XBL: VASH Iquan
Hey...would you say I became a hero?

User Info: RonBurgundy929

RonBurgundy929
11 months ago#53
quickl posted...
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Iron_Legion27 posted...
Xbox One has some good exclusives like Halo, Gears, and Forza but it seems MS doesn't likes to take risks and add more diversity to their line up. They would rather just throw money at third party developers and have them make a game a timed exclusive and release sequels to the big three exclusives. Sony is more willing to invest in different games which makes their line up more diverse and larger. Not trolling it's just is what is is. It really just comes down to preference. Do you like playing Halo, Gears, Forza or you like playing Uncharted, God of War, Knack, Last of Us, Grand Turismo, Bloodborne, Heavy Rain etc? But even though the Xbox and PS are similar hardware and software wise, the best thing to do is to own both if you have time and can afford it.

convenient of you to ignore Quantum Break, Alan Wake, Sunset Overdrive, Recore, Ryse, Crackdown...

I'm guessing he's ignoring them because they all bombed both in sales and overall reviews?

There's that quickl troll, being pathetic and desperate again.
Xbox One & PS4 Pro: RonBurgundy929

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
11 months ago#54
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
Iron_Legion27 posted...
Xbox One has some good exclusives like Halo, Gears, and Forza but it seems MS doesn't likes to take risks and add more diversity to their line up. They would rather just throw money at third party developers and have them make a game a timed exclusive and release sequels to the big three exclusives. Sony is more willing to invest in different games which makes their line up more diverse and larger. Not trolling it's just is what is is. It really just comes down to preference. Do you like playing Halo, Gears, Forza or you like playing Uncharted, God of War, Knack, Last of Us, Grand Turismo, Bloodborne, Heavy Rain etc? But even though the Xbox and PS are similar hardware and software wise, the best thing to do is to own both if you have time and can afford it.

convenient of you to ignore Quantum Break, Alan Wake, Sunset Overdrive, Recore, Ryse, Crackdown...

...I thought we were talking about good exclusives...? How did Quantum Break get in the conversation...? And ReCore...? Phil basically apologized for that one, making excuses for it...two mediocre attempts at best... my opinion, of course, but it seems to be held by the majority... I'll admit I liked them both more than the last Halo however...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: agentspoon

agentspoon
11 months ago#55
And lo-and-f***ing-behold Quincy, changing the goalposts again.

Never once has the argument been about good exclusives, never but when shown undeniable proof of exclusives you change the goal to good exclusives.
HOLY ****! What is this? Forged in Gods very flames! Do mine eyes tell me lies? A new Elder Scrolls game?
Time is nigh, I must fly, Venture forth on my quest!

User Info: Gurn Blanston

Gurn Blanston
11 months ago#56
Gfaqs should change it's name to s***OnXbox.com because that's all anyone does here. Pathetic f***s.
http://tinyurl.com/zhykc4r

User Info: EastCoastKody

EastCoastKody
11 months ago#57
lets not pretend Xbox has a some long history of getting great exclusives.

there was like maybe 5 on the original xbox

there were more on 360.....but minus Gears/Forza/Halo.....maybe like 7

Gears & Halo were always the solid exclusives they had. With not much else of note. I didnt care...i didn't buy xbox360 for exclusives. Im sure ppl did since Halo sold a ton last gen. but its not like ppl were buying Xboxes for Blue Dragon or CrackDown

the problem this gen.....is they've always had few exclusives but now its even less. And its more pronounced cuz the ppl that created Halo & Gears have moved on. To expect some replacement teams to recapture the magic of those franchises is far fetched. And those games hit w/ a popcorn fart instead of a BANG.

i enjoy Xbox. They provide the best controllers and online service. Now they have the most powerful box. I wish everything was on Xbox.

but just like i know Nintendo isn't getting multiplats....i know Xbox isn't going to all of a sudden get exclusives.

Sony has their hand in everyones pocket because Playstation is keeping them afloat. If xbox failed....Microsoft wouldn't be harmed. They'd be fine. Nintendo will always be around because of their IP and quality exclusives and dev teams.

But with Sony....they're pretty much 1 or 2 really bad moves from like sinking to the bottom of the ocean. So who knows. If they keep investing billions into things like VR & Gakai.....and have another PS3 situation on their hands. The next playstation will be Samsung Playstation

User Info: quincy2000a

quincy2000a
11 months ago#58
agentspoon posted...
And lo-and-f***ing-behold Quincy, changing the goalposts again.

Never once has the argument been about good exclusives, never but when shown undeniable proof of exclusives you change the goal to good exclusives.

The topic title...

"Why doesn't the Xbox get many good exclusives anymore ?"

Comment from one of the early posters...

Iron_Legion27 posted...
Xbox One has some good exclusives like Halo, Gears, and Forza

RIF, spoony...RIF...
Q: "I presume there will never be an Xbox One sold without it...Would that be correct?"
A: "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect." Microsoft VP

User Info: sexbone

sexbone
11 months ago#59
no, we will get a new horizon zero dawn on xbox
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, connected,and watching.Doesn't do 180.voice coms: sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.Yes, i'm a sexboner.

User Info: EastCoastKody

EastCoastKody
11 months ago#60
sexbone posted...
no, we will get a new horizon zero dawn on xbox

forza horizon zero mission dawn blade
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Why doesn't the Xbox get many good exclusives anymore ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived