no wonder why sony passed on xbox cross play (is this the twilight zone?)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. no wonder why sony passed on xbox cross play (is this the twilight zone?)

User Info: Squitchy

Squitchy
11 months ago#11
Jaden_WE posted...
millimayne posted...
Jaden_WE posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Oh the humanity.

I dunno if you're being sarcastic or not...haha

Listen. I'm a long term gamer and have owned and loved all 3 of the big 3's systems equally throughout my life.

no matter how I try to rationalize it, this was scummy move by MS. I look forward to one day in the future...cross play beocming more common between the 3 concolses and not needing strong arm agreements like the one MS just pulled with this.

How is it scummy though? XBL accounts are free and take like 5 minutes at most to do.

While on the superficial layer, you are correct that it is quick and free, there is a gigantic hidden long term monetization process that occurs when someone signs on for the account.

It's kind of like when any stupid credit card or store or whatever bugs you to "sign up to become a member with them - it's quick and will only take 5 minutes" type of thing. Facebook is quick and easy to sign up with too and as anyone obviously knows, your facebook account has a legit shockingly large $ amount to FB due to the concept of Big Data.

I know why sony laughed at them and said no and i know why nintendo laughed at them and said yes.

Sony would never agree to something this crazy but MS knew that nintendo would be desperate enough to do anything stupid to get Minecraft onto the switch (massive system seller especially for the nintendo demographic) so they instituted a "finders fee" of sorts which is hilarious. While this fee will help x box out financially in the short term, nintendo is likely banking on themselves getting the last laugh by having the potential to leverage their image as "The Kid Friendly System" and becoming the main MineCraft console - which is seriously likely to happen after this agreement.

Ignorant way to look at things. Hearthstone has crossplay between pc/tablet/phone because they use one account for all which is a battle.net account. Nintendo isn't desperate they just thought players may actually like this optional feature. If making a free account hurts you because you may in fact be helping what I assume you think is the enemy then by all means ignore this optional feature.
That's my secret, Gamefaqs. I'm always triggered.

User Info: Slambo70

Slambo70
11 months ago#12
Maybe Microsoft is providing the servers? Just a guess. Its not like its a big issue anyway.
"I'm a love machine and I'm ready to plow the fields of exstasy. oh yeah!"-Fable-TLC

User Info: Sorin777

Sorin777
11 months ago#13
Squitchy posted...
Jaden_WE posted...
millimayne posted...
Jaden_WE posted...
kennyynnoo posted...
Oh the humanity.

I dunno if you're being sarcastic or not...haha

Listen. I'm a long term gamer and have owned and loved all 3 of the big 3's systems equally throughout my life.

no matter how I try to rationalize it, this was scummy move by MS. I look forward to one day in the future...cross play beocming more common between the 3 concolses and not needing strong arm agreements like the one MS just pulled with this.

How is it scummy though? XBL accounts are free and take like 5 minutes at most to do.

While on the superficial layer, you are correct that it is quick and free, there is a gigantic hidden long term monetization process that occurs when someone signs on for the account.

It's kind of like when any stupid credit card or store or whatever bugs you to "sign up to become a member with them - it's quick and will only take 5 minutes" type of thing. Facebook is quick and easy to sign up with too and as anyone obviously knows, your facebook account has a legit shockingly large $ amount to FB due to the concept of Big Data.

I know why sony laughed at them and said no and i know why nintendo laughed at them and said yes.

Sony would never agree to something this crazy but MS knew that nintendo would be desperate enough to do anything stupid to get Minecraft onto the switch (massive system seller especially for the nintendo demographic) so they instituted a "finders fee" of sorts which is hilarious. While this fee will help x box out financially in the short term, nintendo is likely banking on themselves getting the last laugh by having the potential to leverage their image as "The Kid Friendly System" and becoming the main MineCraft console - which is seriously likely to happen after this agreement.

Ignorant way to look at things. Hearthstone has crossplay between pc/tablet/phone because they use one account for all which is a battle.net account. Nintendo isn't desperate they just thought players may actually like this optional feature. If making a free account hurts you because you may in fact be helping what I assume you think is the enemy then by all means ignore this optional feature.

Well that's different because blizzard made hearthstone.

Microsoft didn't make minecraft, but I guess legally they can't get away with this since they brought it.

Still it's kind of a s***ty move.
Final Fantasy II is the blue mage of the franchise.

User Info: InjusticeReborn

InjusticeReborn
11 months ago#14
Sorin777 posted...

Still it's kind of a s***ty move.

I see it more as a lazy move... unless you have to buy Gold like they were trying to push on the PS4 board to defend Sony's decision?
Currently playing: Mass Effect: Andromeda (PS4), Tekken 7 (PS4)

User Info: sexbone

sexbone
11 months ago#15
ms is genius in tricking customers, developers, competitors
n sony is learning those bad habits from ms T-T
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, connected,and watching.Doesn't do 180.voice coms: sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.Yes, i'm a sexboner.

User Info: pblimp360

pblimp360
11 months ago#16
I was sure you were joking at first when I read through some of this topic...It looks like you were serious. How incredibly sad you are.
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved

User Info: master_m11

master_m11
11 months ago#17
How does making a Microsoft account hurt the gamer? Lol

Seems like you are just making excuses for Sony... On a Xbox board no less.
Leave no Troll behind!
NNID:RedSeven 3DS:3754-8137-2550 Time to make the switch Nintendo Switch!

User Info: Discharged19DCS

Discharged19DCS
11 months ago#18
Desperation and anger at an all time high after E3.

User Info: sexbone

sexbone
11 months ago#19
in the future, u want cross platform online?, well pay xbox live n ninty service, geezus
sexbox one by micro&soft : always on, connected,and watching.Doesn't do 180.voice coms: sexbox turn on, sexbox watch AV, sexbox my home.Yes, i'm a sexboner.

User Info: master_m11

master_m11
11 months ago#20
sexbone posted...
in the future, u want cross platform online?, well pay xbox live n ninty service, geezus
You don't pay for both lol
Leave no Troll behind!
NNID:RedSeven 3DS:3754-8137-2550 Time to make the switch Nintendo Switch!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. no wonder why sony passed on xbox cross play (is this the twilight zone?)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived