• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So E3 2017 sucked? Give YOUR reasons why.

User Info: lightfighter

lightfighter
2 years ago#11
They needed a bold move. Something to set themselves apart.

User Info: NSGraphite

NSGraphite
2 years ago#12
No real killer announcements. Amthem was really the only one. Shadows of War would have blown peoples minds but that was announced a couple months back. Neither Sony nor MS had any big surprises this E3, and that is sad.
My last signature got erased, so I put this here instead.

User Info: _MrENigma_

_MrENigma_
2 years ago#13
lightfighter posted...
They needed a bold move. Something to set themselves apart.

I think Microsoft has set themselves up in a pretty good place hardware wise. But they HAVE to bring something impressive from their first party studios outside of the usual 3. While Sony exclusives may takes forever to release, the stuff they do release is, for the most part, REALLY freakin' good.
XBL GT: "Wile E Nigma". 3DS FC: "0688 - 6570 - 4452". PSN: "WileENigma".
www.youtube.com/NotoriouslyInfamouz

User Info: pblimp360

pblimp360
2 years ago#14
People are way too hyperbolic and reactionary. E3 was fine even if only a few conferences offered explosive surprises. I enjoyed all of them in their own way, though some more than others.

MS had the overall best overall, just edging out Sony's in my book and the others followed suit.
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved

User Info: ObZen46

ObZen46
2 years ago#15
Lackluster E3 all around so far.

EA was horrible.
Bethesda not much better...

Thought both MS & Sony were disappointing.

Most of what MS showed will also be on PS4/PC & nothing mind blowing. Also XB1X? Stupid name & $500. They are certainly winning on the b/c front though... credit for that.

Sony pretty much just redid last yrs show.
No big surprises & no Bloodborne 2.
SOTC remake? Looks cool, but it's a remake.
After a few stellar E3's, this one was a letdown.

Ubisoft has been the best so far imo.

Hopefully Nintendo will blow it up today but I have my doubts.
PSN: rob302
Switch: SW-6156-5316-3129

User Info: Rafficus_III

Rafficus_III
2 years ago#16
Outside of Scorpio's presentation and a handful of interesting/noteworthy games, the rest of E3 just seemed flat. I watched bits of each presentation and the highs and lows were very visible. I'd say:

* Microsoft dropped the ball in regards to not revisiting it's classics and modernizing them, a practice that clearly captivates it's userbase. People get revved up for Sony because of things like revisiting Crash Bandicoot, the Colossus, FF7. Microsoft has a lot of good franchises locked in the vault, they just need to revisit them. You fix your exclusive AAA problem right there and you have potential to create new studios and allow them to branch out accordingly based on success.

* Sony went through the motions and just did trailers, most of which for games we knew of, with no real release date, and sometimes, just a year. They have really pretty games, and they are capable of releasing strong, critically acclaimed games, but this year, they didn't really reinforce it they way they had years before. You could see the letdown in the crowd. So many people were hyped for them and their response to Microsoft, and at the end of it, everyone was just silent, got up and shuffled out.

* Bethesda was just kind of there. They may have had a stronger performance if there was more than just VR and more mod features, plus two sequels. Don't get me wrong, I love Wolfenstein, but they were mostly a support presentation this year.

* EA was, well, EA. Maybe I went temporarily blind, but they fumbled on only showing a trailer for Battlefield 1's Tsar content, rather than gameplay. The Need for Speed game looks pretty, but the slowmo car crashes look like they'll get old quick. I'd have liked to hear about Andromeda DLC, but noooooo, we can't have nice things.

* Ubi looked good. They're still awko taco as hell, but they showed some good games. Pretty sure they talked about For Honor, a game they really need to focus on trying to regain a healthy userbase; something that seems to be a recurrent problem for them. Assassin's Creed Origins and Far Cry 5 were strong showings for me.

* Nintendo: we'll see, but let's be real, they'll probably f*** it up or give something stale to save the goods for their own Expo.
GT: Rafficus III | http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp6lrnL8em1qgmo67o1_500.png |The Amazing Spiderman of GameFaqs

User Info: PoisonShroomz

PoisonShroomz
2 years ago#17
I thought Microsoft did fairly good with their presentation BUT seriously there are no exclusives at all. Almost every single game they showed off will be playable on PC and/or PS4.
NNID/Gamer Tag: PoisonShroom
Greatest line in a NES game ever: "Kill all babies" from Exodus.

User Info: Charocks

Charocks
2 years ago#18
I'll sum it up in one sentence. There was a surprising lack of newness and ingenuity.

EA: Something new? Pishposh.

MS: 60fps, 4k, no new games to fully utilize it!

Bethesda: We got nothing for you but Nazis!

Ubi: We make games that suck, we're gonna copy our last failure and try adding pirates.

Sony: Coming 2018!

Nintendo: Most likely ports for the holidays since most third-party devs don't want anything to do with them.
Fluffy Pony Abuse is deranged - GT AN EWOKS WRATH
Official Arrow in the Knee of the Skyrim board (360)

User Info: Lugoves

Lugoves
2 years ago#19
Just nothing all that exciting for me. Most of the stuff we already knew about and again E3 turns into advertisements for games we won't see for years.
My Collection: http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/LUGOVES/games/owned?platform=0
http://backloggery.com/SwashBuccaneer

User Info: AWarAmp84

AWarAmp84
2 years ago#20
I just wanted to see a new Splinter Cell game.

: (
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. So E3 2017 sucked? Give YOUR reasons why.
  • Topic Archived