Black Ops 2 now compatible, having an audio problem with 7.1 digital reciever.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Black Ops 2 now compatible, having an audio problem with 7.1 digital reciever.

User Info: ItchyIsVegeta

ItchyIsVegeta
1 year ago#1
So I noticed that when playing the game on my 7.1 Denon receiver, I am not getting audio out of the rear 2 channels, despite Xbox One games having no issue. Everything is connected through HDMI, audio output set to 7.1 uncompressed on the Xbox One, and the receiver displays "multi channel in 7.1". My theory is that it is an issue with the 360 emulation on the xbox one. Anyone else have this issue?
XBOX Gamertag: ITCHYisVegeta

ItchyIsVegeta
1 year ago#2
I just tested another 360 compatible game, Halo Reach, and it is having the same problem. So far, the only work around I have found is setting the sound output to uncompressed 5.1 on the xbox one, and set the receiver to MULTI Dolby EX, which lets the receiver do the work and translate to 7.1 speakers.

User Info: Chente

Chente
1 year ago#3
Get a life.

User Info: Boogie_WoogieWu

Boogie_WoogieWu
1 year ago#4
I don't think the 360 supported 7.1, only 5.1

User Info: georgewduff1

georgewduff1
1 year ago#5
Boogie_WoogieWu posted...

^^^^
Waiting for the Beast. Scorpio. GT: Major W Duff

ItchyIsVegeta
1 year ago#6
Boogie_WoogieWu posted...

Correct. However it would be very simple of them to upscale that output into a 7.1 format, and also any decent receiver does this. PS3 does this with PS1 and PS2 games. Probably a simple oversight during development.

ItchyIsVegeta
1 year ago#7
Chente posted...
Get a life.

Go back to listening on your little headset, kid.

User Info: Chente

Chente
1 year ago#8
ItchyIsVegeta posted...
Chente posted...
Get a life.

Go back to your moms basement loser.

ItchyIsVegeta
1 year ago#9
Chente posted...
ItchyIsVegeta posted...
Chente posted...
Get a life.

Go back to your moms basement loser.

Looks like a little troll needs to be put in their place.

I don't live in my mother's basement. I live in my own place, have a paid for car, college education, smokin hot girl, nice little retirement savings and growing, and a well paying job. On my days off, I like to play video games, primarily older stuff from the 80s and 90s, but with a mix of modern stuff.

So the next time you decide to be a little troll and tell someone to "get a life", just remember this little moment where a 38 year old gamer, who not only has a life, but put you in your place, just told you off.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Black Ops 2 now compatible, having an audio problem with 7.1 digital reciever.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived