• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you own this game or app error message

User Info: dmchemeketan

dmchemeketan
3 years ago#1
Idk why I keep getting this stupid message, the manager at my local Gamestop said that I need to have my Xbox One S connected to Live/online at all times, but that can't be right! I also have my Xbox One set as my home Xbox as I was told to check on by Xbox customer support. I've talked to customer support twice and I was also told that if i install a game online then play it offline that I also may get the "do you own this game or app error", but that doesn't make sense to me either! It seems to me that once a game is installed to my Xbox One that it should be 100% playable online or offline unless its Overwatch, Destiny or For Honor. I try to keep my Xbox online as much as possible, but I live in apartment complex with shared wifi, the signal is weak sometimes and i'm currently between internet providers right now. If anyone can help I would appreciate it, thank you.

User Info: IHATEMYGT

IHATEMYGT
3 years ago#2
Have you done a hard reset yet?

Is your console on instant on mode?
"Be at peace with the world, and the world will be at peace with you"

dmchemeketan
3 years ago#3
IHATEMYGT posted...
Have you done a hard reset yet?

Is your console on instant on mode?

Yes i've done a hard reset a couple of times. Normally I use energy saving mode, once in a while I'll use instant on mode if i'm downloading a new game or charging my controller, but why would that make a difference? Is instant on known for being glitchy?

User Info: holden4ever

holden4ever
3 years ago#4
dmchemeketan posted...
i'm currently between internet providers right now

Do you gameshare? If so, you can't access your games without being connected to Live.
http://i.imgur.com/2jSUbze.jpg http://i.imgur.com/AKNXp1r.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/N2r3fyh.jpg http://i.imgur.com/WzYnSs9.gif

User Info: Rome218

Rome218
3 years ago#5
The other night a lot of people had this problem, it was like Xbox didn't recognize us as online.

dmchemeketan
3 years ago#6
No I don't use gameshare, in fact I hardly do anything online. I keep my Xbox One online as much as possible for patches an updates, but that's it. I assume this error message is an online thing though, am I right? I really my disc drive ain't crapping out on me cause i've only had my Xbox for two months. I try to take the best care possible of my XB1 too, it sits horizontally and I always wipe off the top of the console when dust collects.

dmchemeketan
3 years ago#7
Bump? Anyone? I've talked to Xbox customer support three times and none of their suggestions are working.

1. Setting my Xbox One as my home console doesn't work.
2. Hard restting my XB1 doesn't work.
3. I try to keep my Xbox One online as much as possible, as I said before my wifi strength can be weak and doesn't always connect. Even when i'm online I've still gotten the error message.

This is getting tobe extremely f***** g frustrating, does anyone know of a permanent fix? And plz no jackass responses like toss your Xbox off a cliff or trade it in!

User Info: dodgerfan31

dodgerfan31
3 years ago#8
dmchemeketan posted...
Bump? Anyone? I've talked to Xbox customer support three times and none of their suggestions are working.

3. I try to keep my Xbox One online as much as possible, as I said before my wifi strength can be weak and doesn't always connect. Even when i'm online I've still gotten the error message.

This is getting tobe extremely f***** g frustrating, does anyone know of a permanent fix? And plz no jackass responses like toss your Xbox off a cliff or trade it in!

Factory reset it
I Pranked this dude with prankdial https://youtu.be/O7O1BXzGU-s

dmchemeketan
3 years ago#9
dodgerfan31 posted...
dmchemeketan posted...

Factory reset it

You mean the factory reset where I have the option to keep all of my game saves right? I did that last Tuesday when Xbox Live was having problems, maybe the factory reset didn't work properly because of the problems with Live idk. I guess i'll try again, if the factory reset doesn't fix it then idk what to think.

User Info: squarex8264

squarex8264
3 years ago#10
You are correct that as long as the console is set as your home console, you should be able to play offline.

What does it say under your Home console when you are signed in? Go under Settings->Personalization->My home Xbox.

Does it say the console is currently set as your home Xbox for the profile you are playing with?

Also, I'm assuming the games you are trying to play were purchased by the same profile you are signing in with offline?
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Do you own this game or app error message
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A