• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Turtle Beach Elite 800x. How is the mic?

User Info: MosquitoSmasher

MosquitoSmasher
2 years ago#1
Before i buy this i need to know one thing because i keep hearing conflicting reports. How is the mic quality? Do your friends clearly hear you or does your voice sound muffled/weak/different according to friends?

I read on Reddit about a update to this and how it has fixed it for him, yet others tell me it really is still quite bad. Ebay sellers are selling it for a very reasonable price and from trusted sellers too, but before i do that, i really need to know that. Right now i use a boom mic and friends can hear me no problem, crystal clear.

User Info: QuBix

QuBix
2 years ago#2
It's good. The initial release was so so and that is what you must have heard. The headset has been patched since and works perfectly. Quiet Room setting is also the ideal setting for the mic and some people still don't know that. This is by far my favourite headset and I own the A50's and A40's too.
XBLive Tag: QuBics
PSN Tag: QuBix

User Info: MosquitoSmasher

MosquitoSmasher
2 years ago#3
That is really good to know. I had the ASTRO A40 for my 360 and never had anyone complain about voice chat quality. How does it compare to that?

User Info: jimbach13

jimbach13
2 years ago#4
I haven't really chatted much on these, but the audio quality is fantastic! Lots of great settings to play around with.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Turtle Beach Elite 800x. How is the mic?
  • Topic Archived