• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What is considered a good download speed over wifi for X1?

User Info: Null_Gain

Null_Gain
4 years ago#1
Between my router and ISP, I feel like I'm downloading through molasses
3DS + X1 + 360 + Vita
"Well actually given the choice the smart people did choose their platform and it was the Xbox One way above PC." -kyncani

User Info: James_Upton

James_Upton
4 years ago#2
Well what's your internet speed and what are you pulling through wifi? are you inquiring for online play or for downloading games and content?
Check out my gaming and motorsports YouTube channel at JDMSG:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvcAVZIXy41HbSKwkLTyQEQ/feed?view_as=public

User Info: MuhFreedom

MuhFreedom
4 years ago#3
Varies. You want at least sub 100 ping, 1.5mb download (for low end games) and 0.5mb upload for gaming. Ideally, 2.5mb download, sub 50 ping and 1mb upload for decent online gaming. As for downloading games, the bigger the better.

Null_Gain
4 years ago#4
My phone (connected to my wifi network) currently tells me I have signal strength of 300Mbps but it is normally around 140Mbps.

I'm DL'ing something off of XBL at a speed of around 15 or 16 Mb/s. Is this bad?
3DS + X1 + 360 + Vita
"Well actually given the choice the smart people did choose their platform and it was the Xbox One way above PC." -kyncani

User Info: James_Upton

James_Upton
4 years ago#5
Null_Gain posted...
My phone (connected to my wifi network) currently tells me I have signal strength of 300Mbps but it is normally around 140Mbps.

I'm DL'ing something off of XBL at a speed of around 15 or 16 Mb/s. Is this bad?

If you can try a wired connection and see if there is a improvement
Check out my gaming and motorsports YouTube channel at JDMSG:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvcAVZIXy41HbSKwkLTyQEQ/feed?view_as=public

User Info: MuhFreedom

MuhFreedom
4 years ago#6
Signal strength is very different from actual download speeds. My router supports Gigabyte Fibre, so my wifi strength can be 1GB at times, but my actual internet is only 20mb. As for 15mb/16mb, that's above average so completely fine.

What does your phone get with an actual speedtest? If it's about the same as your Xbox, you're fine.

Null_Gain
4 years ago#7
I don't go wired because it was really inconvenient to switch between wired and wireless everytime I wanted to play online. That and the fact that I don't pay for XBL anymore.

I'll do a speed test once I finish my DL
3DS + X1 + 360 + Vita

User Info: ryanrolain

ryanrolain
4 years ago#8
My Xbox always feels painfully slow on downloads compared to every other device I own. That's with my Xbox wired and everything else wireless.

User Info: lilneonboi

lilneonboi
4 years ago#9
My Xbox is almost the exact opposite. I don't have very fast internet AT ALL living in a rural area. The Xbox (running wireless) downloads and performs faster than anything else on my router. In fact, if the Xbox is downloading something, nearly everything performs too slow to function... strange.

User Info: Nazanir

Nazanir
4 years ago#10
MuhFreedom posted...
Varies. You want at least sub 100 ping, 1.5mb download (for low end games) and 0.5mb upload for gaming. Ideally, 2.5mb download, sub 50 ping and 1mb upload for decent online gaming. As for downloading games, the bigger the better.

I can't imagine having any sort of gaming device (console or PC), with such atrocious speeds.

My ping is around 15-20 and my download is about 80Mbp/s and upload is 25Mbp/s.

I get that here in Europe things are different, and there are some really s***ty ISPs in the US, but damn, having to settle for that seems bad.

Also, if you can, always go for wired.
XboX GT - Nazanir
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. What is considered a good download speed over wifi for X1?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A