• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Downloading a game from the store so slow?

User Info: AshleyGreene74

AshleyGreene74
6 years ago#1
So a friend and I just got an Xbox One today. I bought the AC Bundle and he got the Advanced Warfare 1TB Bundle. We're both wanting to play Advanced Warfare, I got my copy from Gamefly a few days ago and installed it from the disk which took about 40 minutes or so. He on the other hand got the Digital code in the bundle and he's currently downloading it from the store and it is so painfully slow. It's taking him about 3-5 minutes for every 1 percent.

Is there any way to increase the download speed of games from the MS store? He has pretty decent internet, around 35-40 mbps

User Info: sweetbloods

sweetbloods
6 years ago#2
It might be just high traffic right now. I bought the Walking dead bundle last night and its about 8 gigs all together and it took almost 3 hours and my xbox was the only thing connected to my internet at the time.
All that we see or seem is a dream within a dream-Edgar Allan Poe
Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone elses life.-Steve Jobs

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
6 years ago#3
Tell him to hard reset(hold power 8 seconds) turn it back on and dont use it. It will take 1-3 hours based on his internet though. Hard reset will clear the cache but dont use the x1 at all when downloading digitally. I have mine set to energy save mode so my cache always clears but you need to have it on instant on mode to download with it off.....but reset that cache first.
Ps5/xsx/switch/pc

User Info: JanayBerry

JanayBerry
6 years ago#4
kennyynnoo posted...
Tell him to hard reset(hold power 8 seconds) turn it back on and dont use it. It will take 1-3 hours based on his internet though. Hard reset will clear the cache but dont use the x1 at all when downloading digitally. I have mine set to energy save mode so my cache always clears but you need to have it on instant on mode to download with it off.....but reset that cache first.

I have certain features turned off, such as the DVR stuff (the setup that auto record some game activities), anything that's SNAPPED, plus a few other things. Titanfall and all DLC (25Gb) downloaded just over two hours.
Switch/XBL/PSN: SW-8524-7204-4907 / Mr Jim Berry / Jim_Berry
FFXIV: Marlboro - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3089119/

User Info: kennyynnoo

kennyynnoo
6 years ago#5
JanayBerry posted...
kennyynnoo posted...

I have certain features turned off, such as the DVR stuff (the setup that auto record some game activities), anything that's SNAPPED, plus a few other things. Titanfall and all DLC (25Gb) downloaded just over two hours.

Yeah if youre familiar with the console do your thing but people that are new i always tell them to just clear the thing and walk away. Until people know how to quit apps and games, shut features off, i just give them the quickest advice lol. I average about 1-2hrs on 42gb games but it also depends on internet speeds.
Ps5/xsx/switch/pc

User Info: toolman129

toolman129
6 years ago#6
AshleyGreene74 posted...
So a friend and I just got an Xbox One today. I bought the AC Bundle and he got the Advanced Warfare 1TB Bundle. We're both wanting to play Advanced Warfare, I got my copy from Gamefly a few days ago and installed it from the disk which took about 40 minutes or so. He on the other hand got the Digital code in the bundle and he's currently downloading it from the store and it is so painfully slow. It's taking him about 3-5 minutes for every 1 percent.

Is there any way to increase the download speed of games from the MS store? He has pretty decent internet, around 35-40 mbps

If it's a local friend you could always just let him install from your disc.
GT: NightlordHypn0s
PSN: Saakk

User Info: kyncani

kyncani
6 years ago#7
AshleyGreene74 posted...
he's currently downloading it from the store and it is so painfully slow. It's taking him about 3-5 minutes for every 1 percent.

Nothing to do. That's what it does; that's an Xbox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYenXFLkKRo

Installs / updates don't work very well on Xbox One.
Phil Spencer said Microsoft might try to fix those issues someday.
Until then, just suck it up.

User Info: datura333

datura333
6 years ago#8
I honestly don't know what you guys are talking about. I dl'd forza 5 which was around 41 gigs and it took around an hour if not less. I was also playing games online at the same time.
I am the great big mouth.
xbl gt: dreamsaredying

User Info: SonyPonyTony

SonyPonyTony
6 years ago#9
datura333 posted...
I honestly don't know what you guys are talking about. I dl'd forza 5 which was around 41 gigs and it took around an hour if not less. I was also playing games online at the same time.

Nice, you have fast internet
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
Forza defined the Car Simulator Genre, it was always the highest selling franchise in the genre by a HUGE margin. - Izraeil

User Info: scoobydoobydont

scoobydoobydont
6 years ago#10
Barely on topic: My data usage in October was 260GB. In November, 635GB. Aye! Thank goodness I don't have caps. And in less than a week, I've already gone beyond the capacity of the internal HDD. LOL
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Downloading a game from the store so slow?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A