• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Disappointing Sunset Overdrive Sales as it only sells 320,000 worldwide.

User Info: Full Throttle

Full Throttle
4 years ago#1
Are you surprised by the low sales? - Results (1685 votes)
Yes
23.86% (402 votes)
No
76.14% (1283 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Looks like Insomniac's disappointing sales curse continues as sales of the latest critically loved XBOX One exclusive isn't selling very well..and there's probably a lot of reasons why. Either it's because people don't like Insomniac, forgot about the game because so many games were released in November or because the game doesn't cater to a wider audience.

According to VGChartz, the game has only sold 320k worldwide and 2/3 of that is in the US with only 210k sold after 3 weeks...that pales in comparison to Halo: MCC selling 660k in its first week and of course Call of Duty.

This probably explains why Microsoft is doing everything it can to get people to buy the game by recently offering a Free copy of the game to XBOX Live Gold customers...and of course the constant running of commercials

Resistance: Fall of Man, another critically loved game, sold over 4 million in its entire lifetime on PS3..will it happen for SO?

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/73069/sunset-overdrive/

http://www.gamesforgirls247.com/files/image/WinnieThePoohcoloring250x200.gif
call me mrduckbear, sweater monkeys. don't step on bugs, or else...

User Info: Horridhal

Horridhal
4 years ago#2
Full Throttle posted...
According to VGChartz, the game has only sold 320k worldwide and 2/3 of that is in the US with only 210k sold after 3 weeks...that pales in comparison to Halo: MCC selling 660k in its first week and of course Call of Duty.

Here we pretend that comparing a new IP to several very well established IP's is an accurate way to gauge its sales.

Full Throttle posted...
Resistance: Fall of Man, another critically loved game, sold over 4 million in its entire lifetime on PS3..will it happen for SO?

And here we pretend that a game that was out for 8 years to reach those numbers is no different than a game that has been out a month.

These comparisons are stupid.
I'm not the nicest person you'll meet.
#'s are stupid.
(message deleted)

User Info: AwayFromHere

AwayFromHere
4 years ago#4
I really don't know what people were expecting.
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.

User Info: phoenix9291

phoenix9291
4 years ago#5
What I'd seen of the game didn't appeal to me. I'm going to try it out during the 24 hour period but making it free was the only way I was going to play it.
Not changing sig until Flyers win the cup

User Info: jackynkurttims

jackynkurttims
4 years ago#6
It will if they start handing it out for free to everyone who buys a Xbone. But legit 'sales' where people actually want it will be under 1 million lifetime.

It is a niche title like dead rising, but not as good and not at launch so that will hurt sales imho.
Official Official of Official Officials.

User Info: da_StoOge

da_StoOge
4 years ago#7
Haha! Sucked in Xbots. Your saviour has failed you.

...on a serious note, that's kind of sad. Game looked fun and it's full of colour.
"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die."

User Info: Sputnik1337

Sputnik1337
4 years ago#8
320k isn't bad for a new IP, especially one as niche as SSO.
a

User Info: scoobydoobydont

scoobydoobydont
4 years ago#9
Full Throttle posted...
According to VGChartz

Go away troll.
http://i.imgur.com/8LUhEFG.jpg

User Info: MicrosoftLover

MicrosoftLover
4 years ago#10
DuckBear, they're coming for you, boy.
Not changing sig until Hideo Kojima gets fired or retires!
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Disappointing Sunset Overdrive Sales as it only sells 320,000 worldwide.
  • Topic Archived