• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. xbox one won't connect to my wifi network please help!!

User Info: xadamlazzara

xadamlazzara
7 years ago#1
I recently swiched from time warner to AT&T uverse, and ever since my xbox one won't connect to my wifi but it will to other networks and I can't figure out what the problem is. All my other consoles connect just fine as well and laptops, any help would greatly be appreciated!
gamertag-ssjalex2
psn-ssjalex2

User Info: darkshadowmaster

darkshadowmaster
7 years ago#2
Are you using the correct password?

*sorry but I've worked as a IT tech for Comcast and you wouldn't believe the amount of times THIS was the issue*
When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading.

User Info: Dinglesteed

Dinglesteed
7 years ago#3
Same router? If so, try to change the SSID and see if that helps.
i7 6700k, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V, 250gb Samsung Evo, 2tb Seagate Barracuda,EVGA G2 750w, Corsair Air 540

User Info: xadamlazzara

xadamlazzara
7 years ago#4
Yes I made sure I was entering the password correctly, it's a new router that was provided by AT&T
gamertag-ssjalex2
psn-ssjalex2

User Info: wrettcaughn

wrettcaughn
7 years ago#5
Some additional info as I was helping him yesterday:

- the SSD ID is visible but when attempting to connect he gets the "unable to connect to network" message. Doesn't even get to the password prompt

- we tried adding the MAC address to the allowed list, changing the wireless channel, manually setting IP/Gateway/DNS, no luck

- xbox one can connect to other networks just fine...

- other devices can connect to the network in question just fine...

User Info: Izicial

Izicial
7 years ago#6
Could his security setting be the problem? Like change it to basic WEP and see if it works.

wrettcaughn
7 years ago#7
Izicial posted...
Could his security setting be the problem? Like change it to basic WEP and see if it works.

That's worth a shot

User Info: Dinglesteed

Dinglesteed
7 years ago#8
xadamlazzara posted...
Yes I made sure I was entering the password correctly, it's a new router that was provided by AT&T

Is it one of those 2Wire routers? I've messed with a few of those before and hated them. The interface for them is completely not user friendly lol. Not sure what else to try. The Xbox is seeing the router and everything?
i7 6700k, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V, 250gb Samsung Evo, 2tb Seagate Barracuda,EVGA G2 750w, Corsair Air 540

wrettcaughn
7 years ago#9
Dinglesteed posted...
xadamlazzara posted...

Is it one of those 2Wire routers? I've messed with a few of those before and hated them. The interface for them is completely not user friendly lol. Not sure what else to try. The Xbox is seeing the router and everything?

Yeah, it's a 2Wire... The xbox sees the router but can't connect.

The other thing we were going to look into was the MTU setting. Won't be able to for a few hours though

User Info: cminc

cminc
7 years ago#10
Power cycle. Make new network id and password and connect nothing to the network until your xb1 picks it up. (Search for networks from the dashboard over and over.)

If all else fails, Find your routers ip address and admin code (usually 'admin' or '1234') and change your router channel from 6 to 5. Youre also going to want to make sure that UPnP is enabled.
---
---
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. xbox one won't connect to my wifi network please help!!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A