Zero truth in "cloud power" for gaming. Are you guys mad at MS over this?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Zero truth in "cloud power" for gaming. Are you guys mad at MS over this?

User Info: MRL3G3ND

MRL3G3ND
4 years ago#31
tech savy people knew it was bs from jump...I felt insulted that MS thought they were selling their console to 4th graders...The blatant lies and anti consumer practices baffled me...They must have thought their demography was elementary aged children, because they lied as if the truth would be hard to find...it wasn't

it was like they were saying santa clause will handle the extra processing...

they lied about a bunch of things...and they continue on a path of MS first...customers last.

I feel like they get in a meeting figure what THEY want, and then figure out a way to market to us, and make us believe it's actually for us...

it's not working
XBOX ONE BF4 CRAZY
http://youtu.be/wndCkss-AJA

User Info: Crysiania

Crysiania
4 years ago#32
Prob why the superior_on_xbox watchdogs got delayed, the immense power of clowd didnt work =p
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul

User Info: MashYouGood

MashYouGood
4 years ago#33
If you were dumb enough to believe you could have half the game being processed online while you were playing it, you are dumb enough to deserve to be ripped off.

Crysiania
4 years ago#34
MashYouGood posted...
If you were dumb enough to believe you could have half the game being processed online while you were playing it, you are dumb enough to deserve to be ripped off.

So, shift the blame from microsoft to people who lack knowledge of computers.

sure bro, sure.
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul

User Info: bob15x

bob15x
4 years ago#35
MashYouGood posted...

you do know that playstation now is 100% of the game being processed online while you are playing it right?

User Info: PolishCockatiel

PolishCockatiel
4 years ago#36
I don't care because I don't own XB1

Crysiania
4 years ago#37
bob15x posted...
MashYouGood posted...

you do know that playstation now is 100% of the game being processed online while you are playing it right?

Uh, its being processed on some other hardware then streamed to your ps4 =p
PSN - Sacred_Darksoul

User Info: josh924

josh924
4 years ago#38
Three months later, we still haven't seen what the Xbox One is really capable of! ZOMG!
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.

User Info: Viet0ne

Viet0ne
4 years ago#39
Forza does not use the cloud for AI processing. Anyone who believes this is ignorant.

Start a game in Forza5 and in the middle of a race, disconnect the connection to the internet. AI doesn't get affected at all. It doesn't get worse, the game still plays like it did.

All the AI processing is still done on the Xbox One. The only thing stored in the cloud is AI profiles. A set of metrics on how a player behaves. Once downloaded to a console, the Xbox One takes over all AI processing and the cloud isn't used at all.

Freeing up CPU cycles is going to have a minimal impact on any graphics rendering. 1-2% at best even 5 years from now. Cloud processing is going to be even less effective because ISPs now have the legal right to throttle any traffic they want to.
Currently Playing: ACIV, Starbound, Borderlands2
PSN/XBL : VietOne

User Info: bob15x

bob15x
4 years ago#40
Viet0ne posted...
Forza does not use the cloud for AI processing. Anyone who believes this is ignorant.

Start a game in Forza5 and in the middle of a race, disconnect the connection to the internet. AI doesn't get affected at all. It doesn't get worse, the game still plays like it did.

All the AI processing is still done on the Xbox One. The only thing stored in the cloud is AI profiles. A set of metrics on how a player behaves. Once downloaded to a console, the Xbox One takes over all AI processing and the cloud isn't used at all.

Freeing up CPU cycles is going to have a minimal impact on any graphics rendering. 1-2% at best even 5 years from now. Cloud processing is going to be even less effective because ISPs now have the legal right to throttle any traffic they want to.

that legal right won't last long, i hope. And that is just the states right now. Far as I know, other countries laws are not as stupid as those in the US. AGain, i hope.

and if it doesn't. That pretty much guarantees playstation nows failure in the US. which sucks
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Zero truth in "cloud power" for gaming. Are you guys mad at MS over this?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived