• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. TotalBiscuit calls BS on next gen micro-transactions

User Info: MrSpaM111

MrSpaM111
6 years ago#1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpx4R9SY98o

Interesting discussion on micro-transactions in next gen console games. Think he pretty much hits the nail on the head. I never knew the micro-transactions in Forza 5 were this ridiculous!
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628

User Info: Leventhan26

Leventhan26
6 years ago#2
It's not really surprising. He is a PC gamer and they have been dealing with this for a long time now. Anyone who has actually played a few f2p games understands the grind that is necessary and how the game is shaped around it. Including that in a game that you pay $60 for is ridiculous.

User Info: lilj812

lilj812
6 years ago#3
He is speaking so much truth!
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87

User Info: slowdog76

slowdog76
6 years ago#4
why is it? they include because people will buy them. i'm not a fan of them, but if people are that stupid to pay for them, then thats up to them. i cant blame a company for wanting to make more money. they are a business after all

so, the forza instance. are the microtransactions quite expensive? yes. of course they are. but is it really to the detriment of the game? really?

the game always has been a grind. always. I've owned all apart from the first one, and I can honestly say that if someone asked me a couple years ago to describe in one word the process involved in forza of getting every single car, then the word i would have used would have been "grind" or something similar
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius

lilj812
6 years ago#5
slowdog76 posted...
why is it? they include because people will buy them. i'm not a fan of them, but if people are that stupid to pay for them, then thats up to them. i cant blame a company for wanting to make more money. they are a business after all

so, the forza instance. are the microtransactions quite expensive? yes. of course they are. but is it really to the detriment of the game? really?

the game always has been a grind. always. I've owned all apart from the first one, and I can honestly say that if someone asked me a couple years ago to describe in one word the process involved in forza of getting every single car, then the word i would have used would have been "grind" or something similar

In a racing game grinding is acceptable because the whole game is racing.

But do this... imagine Dark Souls with Micro transactions. Imagine that...
"Worlds best heel"
"I really don't understand the irrational hatred a lot of people have for IE. It's not a bad browser." El Pollo Diablo87

User Info: zxrax_alt_1

zxrax_alt_1
6 years ago#6
My opinion: The Forza microtransactions are being overblown. Yeah, Turn10 wanted to push token sales. But more importantly, they made them ridiculous to purchase. They don't want people to buy their way through the game with money unless they're stupid. Microtransactions are completely optional in Forza. Really, they are. Unfortunately, it's still pretty hard to get credits in the game to buy cars/upgrades/etc. As a result, Turn10 are increasing the payouts the game gives you for races to compensate, and are holding a 50% off sale on all cars this coming weekend.
http://twitch.tv/vraage | GT: v Raage
i7-3820 @4.75GHz | GTX 780 | Corsair 650D | Custom Watercooling | 2x U2312HM | http://imgur.com/a/IlgFJ

User Info: slowdog76

slowdog76
6 years ago#7
lilj812 posted...
slowdog76 posted...

havent played it, so whats your point?
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius

lilj812
6 years ago#8
slowdog76 posted...
lilj812 posted...
slowdog76 posted...

havent played it, so whats your point?

My point is, micro-transactions can't be added to every game. A lot of games hurt and sacrifices often times have to be made just so microtransactions can be there.
"Worlds best heel"

User Info: MrSpaM111

MrSpaM111
6 years ago#9
zxrax_alt_1 posted...
My opinion: The Forza microtransactions are being overblown. Yeah, Turn10 wanted to push token sales. But more importantly, they made them ridiculous to purchase. They don't want people to buy their way through the game with money unless they're stupid. Microtransactions are completely optional in Forza. Really, they are. Unfortunately, it's still pretty hard to get credits in the game to buy cars/upgrades/etc. As a result, Turn10 are increasing the payouts the game gives you for races to compensate, and are holding a 50% off sale on all cars this coming weekend.

It's not really the pricing of the cars that's outrageous in my opinion, if your stupid enough to pay $50 for a virtual car then that's your fault. I do however have a problem with them hiding said car under 600 hours worth of gameplay. They've made it stupidly difficult to get in game in a hope that some fools will just flat out pay for it. If I wanted BS like this I'd go play farmville on facebook ffs! If they want to charge stupid money for extra cars and include ridiculous micro-transaction, they should make the game free2play in the first place. Why should you pay $60 for a game for it to then tell you you need to spend an extra $50 for the car you want if you haven't got 600 hours of your life to spend playing the game?!?
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628

User Info: Leventhan26

Leventhan26
6 years ago#10
zxrax_alt_1 posted...

You do realize this is exactly how micro works right? The problem is that they have not fine tuned it with most genres or console gamers...... Come 2-4 years from now when most games have micro, they will have ironed out the kinks and the formula will be much better to get money from gamers.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. TotalBiscuit calls BS on next gen micro-transactions
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A