• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. An overlooked RPG of decade: Fell Seal
SuperZay 1 month ago#1
It's amazing how many people are asking for Final Fantasy Tactics sequel, yet never gave this game a try. It's a modern FFT in anything but a name and it's very similar. Over 20 classes, and you can use main and secondary class, making some interesting combinations, like using devastating sniper skills with more powerful melee weapons.
A long and solid story with some betrayals and twists here and there. Hand-drawn locations and sprite graphics. Some tactical combat options, like pushing enemies into water or off the cliff kills them if they can't swim or fly. An interesting items system which never run out but have limited uses every battle. Gathering components and crafting stronger gear etc...
If you like first few battles, I recommend to purchase a solid DLC which adds monster taming mechanics (so adding 20 more monster classes to play with along with new human classes), guild building minigame, missions, hunts and large-scale battles (can bring 9 units in them), and almost doubles available maps.
Mr_Kojima 1 month ago#2
Sounds interesting but I'm not much of a turn based guy

Is it available on switch? When I do play turn based games is when I'm playing my switch on my bed before sleeping, since I don't like the joycons for action packed games and even the litle screen makes it hard to play games with precise movement and all that stuff

anyway, I might give it a try some day if it's available for the switch
Mr. Andrew Kojima, 34, musician, Him/His.
starcrunch061 1 month ago#3
It's a great game. "RPG of the decade" might be a little much, but it's certainly fun to play (and not terribly overlooked - it seems to have garnered a decent amount of attention).

My only real gripe is that I don't like the art in it.
JacktheBoss 1 month ago#4
I am so sick of people pushing this game as some sort of replacement for a true FF Tactics sequel or remaster. This game is good, but it's still an indie game and feels as such.

The art style is hideous and the dialogue and story are very mediocre.
Luke, use the force -- Dumbledore
deprofundis442 1 month ago#5
SuperZay posted...
It's amazing how many people are asking for Final Fantasy Tactics sequel, yet never gave this game a try.
There are tons of tactical RPGs better or equal to FFT out there already. If people are still asking for a new FFT, it's because they want a new FFT.
Fred Durp and the Gimp Trizkits
Mr_Kojima 1 month ago#6
deprofundis442 posted...
There are tons of tactical RPGs better or equal to FFT out there already. If people are still asking for a new FFT, it's because they want a new FFT.
If they're still asking for a new FFT they're completely delusional.
Mr. Andrew Kojima, 34, musician, Him/His.
KurzWeber72 1 month ago#7
"Of decade"
Wyrme24 1 month ago#8
Most tactical and/or strategy RPGs are worth trying.

The Banner Saga Trilogy blew my f***ing mind. It was very good.
Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life now
Open my eyes and blind me with your light
Weaboo_Jones 1 month ago#9
Wyrme24 posted...

I played the first one couple months back. It was pretty good, general vibe reminded me of Thronebreaker with the whole roleplaying as a king/queen and making decisions that effect your army and resources.

But if you enjoyed FFT or Banner Saga for the gameplay Into the Breach is the best tactical RPG by far.
Square Enix - the Ubisoft of Japan
Currently playing: Persona 4 Golden, Into the Breach, Breath of the Wild
JacktheBoss 1 month ago#10
Wyrme24 posted...

Such a unique series! I'd recommend them as well.
Luke, use the force -- Dumbledore
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. An overlooked RPG of decade: Fell Seal
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A