• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. How Was The Witcher Netflix Show?

User Info: molokoveloocet0

molokoveloocet0
4 weeks ago#1
I know I'm super late to the party - Results (118 votes)
Excellent
8.47% (10 votes)
Really solid
13.56% (16 votes)
Pretty good
21.19% (25 votes)
Eh, worth a watch
14.41% (17 votes)
Meh
11.02% (13 votes)
Not great
4.24% (5 votes)
Bad, don't bother
8.47% (10 votes)
Offensively terrible
12.71% (15 votes)
Popeye's
2.54% (3 votes)
Lees Famous Recipe
3.39% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Just started watching it today and the audio mixing is SO terrible I absolutely have to have subtitles on. There are a lot of characters and locations introduced in ep1 too so I'm a little afraid of getting lost.

I have another 9.5 hours to go, is it worth it?
Sweet deel

User Info: starcrunch061

starcrunch061
4 weeks ago#2
I thought it was pretty good. Not great, but not bad. Worth more than a watch, I would say that I'm interested enough to continue to Season 2 (and I don't watch much TV).

I don't remember many problems with audio mixing, so I can't help you there.

molokoveloocet0
4 weeks ago#3
starcrunch061 posted...
I thought it was pretty good. Not great, but not bad. Worth more than a watch, I would say that I'm interested enough to continue to Season 2 (and I don't watch much TV).

I don't remember many problems with audio mixing, so I can't help you there.

I would bet if you have a solid 5.1 setup or something the audio is fine, but there are a lot of instances where characters are whispering to each other and even though you’re supposed to be able to hear it, it’s ducked pretty far below music and/or other dialogue in the scene.

The most egregious example I’ve seen in this first half hour is the coronation party where the princess and king are whispering in the back. There are a lot of town names and things that you can’t make out without the subs.

Sweet deel

User Info: Satt

Satt
4 weeks ago#4
Dattebayo it’s trash

User Info: ironman2009

ironman2009
4 weeks ago#5
i liked it more than most i think. 8/10
THRILLHO

User Info: Fakaka

Fakaka
4 weeks ago#6
I never watched it, I dont support Netflix. I can pirate it but im low on time these days.

User Info: beerhammer1

beerhammer1
4 weeks ago#7
To be honest, I only watched the first 2 episodes and was really put off by it. Hardly any Witcher in and he got his butt kicked a lot. Maybe I needed to get a few more episodes in B4 it gets good?

molokoveloocet0
4 weeks ago#8
Is there a lot of time skipping in this show with no notice? All of a sudden the bard is still with him but the queen that died in ep1 is planning her daughter's marriage but then Yennefer is a mage already in some sandy beach and ugh..

TBFair I've had it on a 2nd monitor while working so haven't paid 100% attention but man... I'm so f***ing confused.

EDIT: Evidently that's part of the show... everyone's on their own timeline. Evidently this isn't good "putting on in the b/g" show. Gotta get my g/f drunk enough to put up with high fantasy I guess.
Sweet deel

User Info: Glob

Glob
4 weeks ago#9
Not worth the time it takes to watch it.

User Info: Yuji Kaido

Yuji Kaido
4 weeks ago#10
I enjoyed it. The chick playing Yennefer had great t***.
"You've seen how much ass I can kick." - Tifa, FF7R
I like my women like I like my milkshakes: Rich, creamy, and thick in the right places!
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. How Was The Witcher Netflix Show?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A