• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Having the power supply seperate from the ps4 would have been better imo.

User Info: shotgunheadshot

shotgunheadshot
4 weeks ago#1
It doesn’t matter now but the base fat Xbox One had the power supply brick outside that console so it could not heat up the inside of that console so much.

I have a base fat ps4 and I find it gets a somewhat hot just browsing the dashboard. If that power brick was outside separate then it wouldn’t overheat so much you think?
I want the tooth. You can't handle the tooth!

User Info: Tosmasta00

Tosmasta00
4 weeks ago#2
Ever cleaned the heatsink?
Might controls everything, and without strength you cannot protect anything, let alone yourself. Vergil DMC3
Nepboards: http://neptunia.boards.net/

User Info: shotgunheadshot

shotgunheadshot
4 weeks ago#3
Tosmasta00 posted...
Ever cleaned the heatsink?
I’ve never cleaned it. Last year my ps4 hdmi port broke so I send it to Sony and they repaired it and I got my exact console back. And they cleaned all the dust out which was nice of them to also do that. But you may be right I think my ps4 might be do for an internal cleaning by now. Guess i’ll get around to it.
I want the tooth. You can't handle the tooth!

User Info: deprofundis442

deprofundis442
4 weeks ago#4
No. Power bricks are my number 1 most hated aspect on any system that uses them.
Fred Durp and the Gimp Trizkits

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
4 weeks ago#5
Screw power bricks, they're always a pain, and ruin every wiring setup.

User Info: boomstickbhg

boomstickbhg
4 weeks ago#6
If my PS4 didn't have a power supply, it wouldn't work.
I make a lot of mistake, but I tend to ignore them until they go away, like illegitimate children.

User Info: gu-gohan

gu-gohan
4 weeks ago#7
deprofundis442 posted...
No. Power bricks are my number 1 most hated aspect on any system that uses them.

AzaneAzer posted...
Screw power bricks, they're always a pain, and ruin every wiring setup.
This
Like: videogames, peaceful discussions, open-minded people
Dislike: console wars, trolls, haters, review-bombing, bias

User Info: barf_syndrome

barf_syndrome
4 weeks ago#8
Nope.

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
4 weeks ago#9
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/5/7/9/AAaOryAACgir.jpg
This is how my PS4 heatsink was. Took it apart for cleaning last Sunday after using it for 2.5 years. Never ever my power supply produced any kind of significant heat. There's something wrong with your setup. Not telling you it might be the power supply, could be a number of issues. Something wrong on your socket, a bad cable and/or it could even be that power cable is not properly attached to your PS4.
"Everyone appreciates your honesty, until you're honest with them. Then you're an a**hole" - George Carlin

User Info: drclaeys

drclaeys
4 weeks ago#10
Friends,

I like it all in one. But you have to realize that heat and dust are its enemies.

Make backups of stuff. Its not a questions of if its going to fail, its a question

of when.

Good luck.
Dr. Darrell of Michigan
Riden with Biden, Vote Democrat, everyday, every year, every election. Help repair the USA.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Having the power supply seperate from the ps4 would have been better imo.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A