• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you still shop at GameStop or not anymore?

User Info: Second_Hokage

Second_Hokage
1 month ago#1
If you still shop there, what keeps you coming back?

If you don't anymore, why did you stop?

User Info: akuma31

akuma31
1 month ago#2
Nope. The one by my house closed down for good. I picked up SW Fallen Order PC for like 2.73 or something LOL! Even before then, I stopped shopping there a very very long time ago. Obviously I buy from Steam on PC. For consoles I either buy digitally on sale or physical copies from Amazon. There was simply no reason to ever go back to Gamestop. If I wanted to, I could resell my physical games on Amazon.
PC / PS5 / PS4 / Switch

User Info: Dboss107

Dboss107
1 month ago#3
Nyet.
I get better deals elsewhere and their used games/cases are grimy yuck!

Their trade-ins are awful and I stopped getting rid of my games anyways. But when I did, ebay was far better.

---
Gamefaqs is trash

User Info: JungleSouls

JungleSouls
1 month ago#4
Online shopping made everything easier. No need to wait and have people hold up the lines just to buy a game.

User Info: CooperRC

CooperRC
1 month ago#5
I stopped going there many years ago because they tried to sell me a gutted copy of a game as a new copy.

User Info: Rhiethreal

Rhiethreal
1 month ago#6
Yes, just because there is one nearby, so it is convenient. I also only buy new games from them, and won't accept unsealed copies as new, so I am not getting ripped off by their used game prices.
PSA: Information revealed literally 1 minute into a game is considered spoilers
. . . at least according to the mods on here. You will be modded for it.

User Info: Tonyjaa

Tonyjaa
1 month ago#7
Hardly ever anymore. I find much better deals online, pawn shops, or at Trade It stores.

User Info: kidrobot

kidrobot
1 month ago#8
yeah but rarely nowadays
i get most i my stuff from amazon and "retro" things from ebay

User Info: Down_Time

Down_Time
1 month ago#9
Might be close to 10 years since I did ant business at an EB Games (Canadian GameStop).
Currently Playing: | FFVIIR (PS4) | SSB Ultimate |

User Info: SepulturaGamer

SepulturaGamer
1 month ago#10
Used to shop at Game Mania, my country’s equivalent. I went full digital late PS3 since I gameshare and save more money that way than with buying and reselling physical. I only do physical on Switch, but I just order those games online. Game stores are disappearing more and more in my country so they’re increasingly harder to find. The Netherlands loves its digital services, we don’t really do cash either.
Did Dr. Kleiner just tell us to get busy? - Alyx Vance
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Do you still shop at GameStop or not anymore?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A