• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Picking my next game to dabble with.

User Info: Skyfiredraconus

Skyfiredraconus
3 weeks ago#1
Which game should i try next? - Results (96 votes)
Kingdom Hearts 3 (slash that keyblade)
8.33% (8 votes)
Mad Max (get my road warrior on)
5.21% (5 votes)
Batman: Arkham City (loved Asylum, never played city for some reason)
23.96% (23 votes)
Borderlands 3 (big worlds, lots of loot)
6.25% (6 votes)
Mass Effect Andromeda (heard some bad things, but combat is supposed to be good)
5.21% (5 votes)
Greedfall (picked it up on sale long ago, never tried it)
6.25% (6 votes)
Assassin's Creed: Black Flag (apparently really good, never actually played it)
5.21% (5 votes)
Other (please feel free to post other options)
39.58% (38 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Hey guys... looking for opinions on what game to pull out of my backlog next and figured it wouldn't hurt to post here lol.

I'm looking for a game with fun combat, a large world (either large worlds or open world) and a crapton of collectables/side stuff.

I've already cleared games like Assassins creed origins and odyssey, Ghost of Tsushima, Immortals: Fenyx Rising, Horizon: Zero Dawn, etc. but now i'm looking to play something else and have been looking through my large backlog. I recently dusted off both Witcher 3 and RDR2 but the combat in those games... just didn't grab me and i keep bouncing off :(

I'm actually sorta/kinda leaning towards Kingdom Hearts 3 right now just because the combat looks good and i watched/read my way through the story catch-ups when it first came out but never did much with KH3 itself lol... but i'm open to a lot of different options.

I just want to have some FUN combat (looking at you Witcher... /sigh) with a lot of stuff to do and explore.

So here is a list, with a wide variety of genre styles but all with large worlds, combat and collections and i'm curious on opinions :)

Cheers everyone :)

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe" - Albert Einstein

User Info: spacecowboymike

spacecowboymike
3 weeks ago#2
Arkham City is AMAZING! It's actually better than Asylum imo.

User Info: ShadowLink3000

ShadowLink3000
3 weeks ago#3
Kingdom Hearts 3
https://psnprofiles.com/ShadowLink3000
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/17069103/

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
3 weeks ago#4
If you haven't played them yet:

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
Elex
The Outer Worlds
Fallout 4
BL2 (In the Handsome Collection)

Of the ones on your list, Greedfall and BL3 are enjoyable to me.

ME Andromeda is not at the same level of the original Mass Effect games, but it's not bad. I'd probably give it a B- overall. OK purchase for 6 bucks.
Less is more.

User Info: ssj_duelist

ssj_duelist
3 weeks ago#5
How did you love asylum but skip City!?

Go play it right now, you've done yourself a disservice! Still the greatest comic book game ever made.
Playing:
PS5: Disco Elysium; Oddworld Soulstorm. PS4: VR. Switch: Super Mario 3D World; Monster Hunter Rise. 3DS: Pokemon Ultra Sun. Mobile: Dragon Quest III
(message deleted)

User Info: Spurner

Spurner
3 weeks ago#7
Be the Batman.

User Info: Skyfiredraconus

Skyfiredraconus
3 weeks ago#8
lol, wow, Arkham city winning by a mile :P

of note for things mentioned: played and/or beat Outer Worlds, BL2 (and pre-sequel) and Fallout 4. I also own dragon's dogma on 4 systems... one of my favorite games of all time :P

some love for greedfall and Andromeda up there.

No real love for KH3? Only one simple post? Hmm...

I was leaning towards KH but now i'm seriously considering batman lol. I actually really enjoyed the... claustrophobia?... of Asylum. Picking off goons to hang upside down and scare their buddies etc. but i also loved exploring for riddler trophies etc. Damn near platinumed it without actually trying.

Might have to give City a go if KH keeps getting trounced lmao
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe" - Albert Einstein

User Info: BlueSnow

BlueSnow
3 weeks ago#9
Greedfall

User Info: rafamaximo

rafamaximo
3 weeks ago#10
Mad Max, Borderlands 3 and Arkham City are all absolutely great.
Want people to not like you? Speak the truth.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 4
  3. Picking my next game to dabble with.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A